• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What do you think about the new Barbies?

It went from this:
cherry-pie-picnic-barbie-doll-face.jpg

To this:
9201b06eed36dba9b426ba9181813741.jpg

I do still think it's nice for diversity but it still seems more for a older person. I was more concerned if Barbie would stay pretty if I threw her against the wall.

It went from this:
cherry-pie-picnic-barbie-doll-face.jpg

To this:
9201b06eed36dba9b426ba9181813741.jpg

I do still think it's nice for diversity but it still seems more for a older person. I was more concerned if Barbie would stay pretty if I threw her against the wall.

Angelica loved that thing even though it went into the sewer that one time...

she makes a really cute bride tho

tumblr_lqsgivN3ri1qblh4vo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Average barbie is not so average imo
Literally nobody I know looks like that
+ 19 year olds don't look like 40 year olds without makeup lmao

(Talking about the one in the time article)

Edit: do people actually aspire to be like barbie
i used to just rip them apart and throw tantrums when people gifted them to me cuz I never wanted them

Last edited:
Anyway American girl dolls will always be better and not totally ****ty like Barbie so idc much

i still think barbies overall are kinda stupid
but i guess it is great that they're finally adding more diversity into these popular dolls. i can't believe it took them 57 years to do this though.

i still think barbies overall are kinda stupid
but i guess it is great that they're finally adding more diversity into these popular dolls. i can't believe it took them 57 years to do this though.

the body types are different but i believe there have been different races before.

Last edited:
I never really expected little children to want to look like Barbie in the first place. She seems incredibly disproportionate to the point where she can't even stand on her own. I just grabbed them by their hair and swung them around like a helicopter propeller when I was younger.

I never really expected little children to want to look like Barbie in the first place. She seems incredibly disproportionate to the point where she can't even stand on her own. I just grabbed them by their hair and swung them around like a helicopter propeller when I was younger.

I think the ones with flat feet can stand up. It's just the ones that stand on their tipy toes that cant stand. At least that's how mine where. I haven't seen any of the new barbies so I don't know if they're still like that.

I guess it's just my experience and the certain people I talked to but we never saw her as this thing we had to be. Other people may have viewed her differently though.

I knew quite a few girls who would say they wanted to look like Barbie when they grew up so it's definitely going to make a positive impact on some girls, and that's all that matters imo

I think the ones with flat feet can stand up. It's just the ones that stand on their tipy toes that cant stand. At least that's how mine where. I haven't seen any of the new barbies so I don't know if they're still like that.

Really? They have flat footed barbies? Now that's cool. They weren't flat around the time I played with them.

Last edited:
I knew quite a few girls who would say they wanted to look like Barbie when they grew up so it's definitely going to make a positive impact on some girls, and that's all that matters imo

But once they became teenagers they wanted to look like the members from b.o.d.t.f

hqdefault.jpg

Really? They have flat footed barbies? Now that's cool. They weren't flat around the time I played with them.

Yep! I don't know how long they've been around (at least ten+ years) but I remember when I was a kid they had this line of beach Barbie dolls and they all had flat feet. They were kind of like surfers. This is kind of what they looked like

image.jpg

It seems a great idea. Although I've never personally met someone who said they 'wanted to be like barbie' when they grew up, I can see where it might help other children.

i never played with barbies when i was little anyway. I'd buy them, throw them around a little and then they'd be tucked away somewhere never to be seen again

I think it's a step in the right direction, but also still kind of in need of improvement. I mean, the "curvy" barbie still has a thigh gap.

Not too bothered tho, I honestly never wanted to look like a barbie. I had like 10 and i was such a weird child. I'd undress them all and arrange them in a neat grid in the exact same yoga position. idek

Back