Gabby

Ancient Member
Bells
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Cyan Heart Balloon
Night Sky Scenery
Space Whale Plush
Blue Feather
What do you think of online users, like on TikTok or Instagram, making a bunch of videos of them dancing to a specific dance trend? I think they’re quite entertaining. Some of the dances seem intricate, though I know more serious dancers do not consider it to be a true representation of the art form.

I honestly don't like them much. I dunno, something about them rubs me the wrong way I guess? Sometimes when I go to the bathrooms at school, I'll see students recording TikTok dances in front of the mirrors, and I just walk right out. I definitely find that annoying.

But I guess it's better than people lip-syncing to whatever song is popular on TikTok.

It seems like the Forum Trends thread started another trend.

I don’t like any dance trends or TikTok trends. I also hate when I see people do them at work in the aisles or even in the kitchen at a fast food place.

Honestly, I don’t like them. They’re usually pretty stupid or at least weird and I don’t understand them. And I hate it when people do it in the hallway. Like, I’m trying to get to my class, get out of my way lmao. But they’re nowhere near as stupid as other TikTok trends. While I don’t like them, at the very least they don’t tend to cause physical harm to stupid people.

they're probably heaps of fun for the people who participate in them, but i personally don't understand them and think they're silly.

it's more interesting when there's additional cinematography to the actual filming of it. when it's just people dancing in front of tripod it's so... lackluster.

I love to dance, but it’s usually in private. I don’t follow any trends— just what feels good. I try to copy some moves I see on Drag Race, but it’s impossible for me to do flips or hold a long split lol.

As long as it isn't accompanied by an ear worm song. At least Gangnam Style was more easy to ignore than the Macarena.

Funny thing, the Macarena is played a lot at weddings, It's about the lady getting with her boyfriend's two friends.

You know, some of you pointed out you don't like seeing people do them IRL. I've never actually seen this IRL, but I can see how if you're still in school it would be really annoying to see someone doing a dance in random areas.

You know, some of you pointed out you don't like seeing people do them IRL. I've never actually seen this IRL, but I can see how if you're still in school it would be really annoying to see someone doing a dance in random areas.
Idk if they were dancing but this reminds me of the time in high school where I went to wash my hands and these two girls were filming a tiktok and they had propped their phone up on the sink. Not to mention they were filming in the locker room which could potentially be a felony. You’ll see a lot of that on r/imthemaincharacter. The idiocy of people who put their phones in a public place bound to get walked in front of and then have the audacity to get mad about it. Or (and) they’re just making people angry for views. It’s a waste of time either way. But like most of the people here say, if a dance is harmless and unobstructive that’s fine. Even if I’m not usually that fond of dance trends.

I pay zero attention to this portion of the internet

anyways, it's whatever. not even like it's a new thing. for as long as I'm aware of it being possible to record and post oneself performing as such online, dance routines have been a pretty popular thing for people to mimic. surely, even before the advent of the internet being (more) widely available as well

different dances and upload avenues perhaps, but the core has remained the same in all this time

Last edited:
I pay zero attention to this portion of the internet

anyways, it's whatever. not even like it's a new thing. for as long as I'm aware of it being possible to record and post oneself performing as such online, dance routines have been a pretty popular thing for people to mimic. surely, even before the advent of the internet being (more) widely available as well

different dances and upload avenues perhaps, but the core has remained the same in all this time
This is a good point. Practicing choreo from a music video has always been a thing and I wouldn't be surprised if MTV hella fueled that.

All forms of trends to me are beyond ridcoulous and super annoying period.

I'd honestly would ground my kids if they were caught trying any kind of tiktok or whatever social media trend online because sorry i am not letting my kids grow up into being a statistic on the news.

All forms of trends to me are beyond ridcoulous and super annoying period.

I'd honestly would ground my kids if they were caught trying any kind of tiktok or whatever social media trend online because sorry i am not letting my kids grow up into being a statistic on the news.
Woah, sounds kind of authoritarian.

Woah, sounds kind of authoritarian.
I wouldn't really call it that way, y'see i came from a different time period and people who took part in social media trends would have been ostracized and kept away from at all times because we don't associate with messy.

I also don't want my kids to have critically short attention spans too as a result of some short form video addiction online its not healthy at all raising your kids by some influencer so to speak and not you or your partner.

Back