• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What did you look for in your map & why

I wanted a middle mini-island surrounded by rivers, kinda like a moat, to be the place where I put my home!

What flower what do you mean because of your birthday??? I haven't ever seen Rose's in all my reseting
I heard a rumor in Japanese forum that it seems like the set of flowers (main, sub and the ones in Nook's) are chosen by system depending on what month your birthday is. Personally I feel like it's true after resetting for mum with no luck straight up whole 2 days.

All i chose was the most southern RS out of the 4 incase i wanted to terraform quite low down :)

First ever AC game i didn't reset for

I'm resetting, and right now I'm looking for peach + yellow airport + south & east river exit + middle secret beach and no "broken" rocks.

i really just wanted double south exits, a little island within my island, and hopefully a good placement for resident services. i was determined to not reset unless i got two villagers i really didn't like so i didn't reset at all and got really lucky with my layout :)

To be honest I found mine on the first try, because I knew I would be able to terraform. I only looked at where the plaza was and where the rivers went out to the ocean. It's nice considering I would often reset for HOURS in New leaf to get the right map\get the new villager houses in the right places

I wanted pear or cherries because those are the two fruits I like the most. I wanted a yellow airport because I thought it looked the best of the other 3 colors. I was looking for a map with the peninsula up towards the top rather than in the middle because I didn't want the beach split up with it. I also was looking for a river that had an outlet along the side, I didn't want the one with 2 south outlets. I didn't like the 2 south outlets because it leaves just a small sliver of land along each side. i think that's it! I wasn't aware of native flowers at the time, but I really lucked out and got my favorite flower anyways, lilies.

just wanted the town hall somewhere in the middle

From the beginning when I chose whatever map they gave me and then I decided I really wanted the big peninsula and realized the airport has different colors so I reset for 3 days and then i thought I found a great map until i realized my airport dock actually wasnt centered with town hall as I had thought but its one block off center and then i realized I kinda like town hall more close to the beach and then I realized I kindve like the other peninsula better and dont mind if my airport is green and I actually dont want peaches lol.... what I want in a map has changed so much but they really make it tricky finding it

i knew what i wanted... green airport, centred on the bottom beach airport, and the plaza nearby... what i got was green centred airport, with the plaza 2 over to the left and 4 up from the beach. so, now i can run a x2 path straight up from the airport right beside the plaza, i have the 4 spaces between the plaza and the beach filled with flowers my friends can take that i restock when needed. my rivers are west of the plaza, and NE. it basically leaves the rest of my island free with having everything right there where the airport is. i have peaches and roses and they're not by birth month at least because hubby and i are both may and his native flower is tulips. unfortunately he reset a few times to get what he wanted and ended up with peaches as well, so that kinda sucked. he's still debating resetting and filling my island with his junk when he does it, he's really not fond of his island now that he's into teraforming.

I had absolutely no idea what I wanted in an island, so I kinda just picked the one that had the heart shaped pond in it. It took me about 30 seconds to decide cause I just did not know what I should be looking for

i looked for a map with long interrupted beaches on the sides and a big main area since i knew you couldn't hop over rivers until a bit into it. i just chose from one of the default maps. now i wish i had chosen a map with a river mouth on the west - mine has two on the south, and i really wish i had longer southern beaches.

Back