• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What did you look for in your map & why

I wanted that long strip of land jutting out into the ocean to be on the right side.

Also didn't want the plaza too far south.

Needed open space for my hybrid meadow [in the works for a very, very long time].

also decided I wanted a star shaped pond once I saw it (irrelevant now because it got too annoying to fish in, so I removed it!)!

Didn't take more than 30 seconds, I lucked out there.

I honestly didn't really know, I just didn't want the Resident Service too close to the beach. It took me about 5 minutes or less to find my map.

I didn't realize you couldn't move residential services, so I never really found the "right one"
F

I wanted the Resident Services to be close to the dock. I'm not sure why, but it ended up working well!

It took me over an hour to find a map and native fruit I liked. ; u ; I looked for resident services and the airport being pretty close and the rivers not looking too crazy so I could manipulate them later on with terraforming.

I wanted resident services to be close to the center of town and not too far from the airport.

River ends at the left and bottom side of the island. Residential service parallels the airport position. Cherry or apple fruit and blue colored airport.

It didnt happen xD
But I did get the river ends and fruit that I wanted :D

I also wanted the Resident Services to be close to the airport and I found a town where they are in a line :) It looks great!

I also want the airport ethier entirely parralell or the middle parralell with the airport dock and relatively close with the residential services a big peninsula and a yellow airport... on my second day of resetting with that being said I've found three that almost fit my criteria but ended up resetting anyways for other reasons that didnt suit my tastes...also I haven't seen one tier 1 villager but I have seen dom one time and mira 3 times

Last edited:
All I really looked for is a map with a resident services location I liked! Since that’s the most obvious place you can’t move

I wanted both my rivers to end at the front. That was about it.
I would have been more cautious of my Residental Services placement if I knew you couldn't move it, but it's not too bad of a placement, I guess.

Kinda sad that I didn't take my time choosing my map. I was streaming it and whenever I stream, I feel pressured to hurry.. normally I would take at least 15 minutes looking at each map and weighing pros and cons and just analyzing and planning lol. Instead, I just took into account residential services, and which ways the river mouths were facing, and made a quick decision in under 30 seconds. I've come to love my map now and I'm making it work, but if I could do it over, I wouldn't have streamed and I would have taken my time to look at the beach, the rocks, the little section of land protruding onto the ocean, that residential services wasn't too close to the beach, etc.

My New Leaf town had a right side beach and that felt the most balanced and open to me.

For my New Horizons island, I wanted water that starts on the left side and exists south, and the dock and strip of land that sticks out on the right side. It took me over 100 resets to get this combination with peaches and an orange airport.

a69c7f8c56f48770619604ca8b01636aba173884.jpg

tbh all I wanted was apples and a fair bit of space, i kindaaa wish i had considered more cause im not the happiest with the unchangable aspects of my island, but im already this far in as a daily player so im gonna stick with it and work around >:O

i was looking for resident services to be somewhat off to the side and either apples or peaches! took about 45 mins

Mostly just where the river ends, because I knew I couldn’t change that. The rest, you can.

Literally just picked my map without much thought. I knew I could terraform it later anyway.

I spent...maybe ninety minutes resetting at first? I'm super picky. :p

I wanted south and east river outlets, my strip of land on the beach on the east side, the dock on the west side, the secret beach centered in the back of the island, at least one big beach rock, and a blue airport.
And I originally wanted peaches as my native fruit and resident services centered with the airport and fairly far south, but I ended up with oranges and a further back resident services location. Which now that I'm doing my shopping district, I actually prefer!

Back