• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What are you planning to name your island?

I'm planning on naming my town Aether. In ACNL, me and my friends had a sorta matching sweets theme for our town names (The towns were Honey, Sugar, Vanilla, and mine was Cream). I suggested space themed names this time around for New Horizons, and we've got the names Milky Way, Meteor, Starbits, and Aether for me!

I think I'm going to call it Sunshade, which is a location in Octopath Traveler. At first it was going to be Puetro Valor (from Dragon Quest 11) but that's lengthy and has a space in it.

Right now I'm leaning towards Laelia, which is an orchid breed, but I also have a list of other names I would like to name my Island.

So far our plan is to name it Cardinal.

If this was just my town I'd possibly stick with what my AC towns have historically usually been called, which is Pringle, but I'm sharing this one with my girlfriend. Pringle is a really dumb name that I just came up with because I had no ideas and there was a tube of Pringles on my desk... but I've grown attached. :p

But with Cardinal it's easy to imagine a really nice looking flag. Black and red like the bird, or maybe I'll even draw a little cardinal on it if I feel like it.

I think I'm going with Treasure. I already have some planned ideas to go with the name of my island. I could probably change my mind but I then my planned idea would be scrapped. I think seaside was what I qas originally going for I remember correctly but I'm getting into the last changes.

I'm still deciding on a name. It's really tough. I want to base my island name off something relating to purple or mist.

Sotoba (Village name from one of my favourite Anime Shiki. Though seeing as it's a village and not an island, may not work.)
Melt (This just sounds kind of cute.)
Dusk
Murk
Lavuve (Lavender/Mauve)
Vioplum (Violet/Plum)

Still thinking though...

I really want a Spanish name and so far I've accumulated

Llueve (rains)
Noche (night)
Encanto (spell)
Oxomoco (ancient deity)

and Chiquito (tiny) bc thats what my grandparents call my dog and it's cute everytime

I really want a Spanish name and so far I've accumulated

Llueve (rains)
Noche (night)
Encanto (spell)
Oxomoco (ancient deity)

and Chiquito (tiny) bc thats what my grandparents call my dog and it's cute everytime

If you need more Spanish inspiration some pretty ones I can think of are-
Isla Bonita or just bonita (beautiful island)
Cosita (little)
Amistad (friendship)
Vida Marina (sea life)
Isla del Sue?o (island of dreams)

For my own island I was choosing between some pokemon names like Alola or Cinnabar (my acnl town was viridian) but I ended up randomly choosing Numenor (isle of men) from lord of the rings. Just liked the way it sounded.

If you need more Spanish inspiration some pretty ones I can think of are-
Isla Bonita or just bonita (beautiful island)
Cosita (little)
Amistad (friendship)
Vida Marina (sea life)
Isla del Sue?o (island of dreams)

For my own island I was choosing between some pokemon names like Alola or Cinnabar (my acnl town was viridian) but I ended up randomly choosing Numenor (isle of men) from lord of the rings. Just liked the way it sounded.

Your suggestions are so pretty. Especially Sueno. wowow

Cinnabar hits different and its really pretty irl

I'm probably going to stick to my guns and name it Fogwood / Mistwood like in my previous games! I really love the name, so I'll probably keep it!

Probably Delfino because it's the first thing I think of when I think of an island

My character will be named Lily as my Ac characters always are. It was a nickname my brother gave me when we were teenage, not after the flower but he called me Lily or Lily-white because i was so fair skinned and never could tan).

My town will be called Carribie. I was thinking of island names (sort of like Caribbean) and was trying maybe to shorten it. I ended up with Carribie, which happens to also be the name of a Conservation Park in Australia. Anyway I thought it was cute.

I used to do London or England in honor of my mother who is English, but it doesnt seem good for a island like this.

Originally, I was going with Exeter. But now, I've settled on ExIsle, as in Exeter Island, and, well, exile. You know, because it's a deserted island.

My character will be named Lily as my Ac characters always are. It was a nickname my brother gave me when we were teenage, not after the flower but he called me Lily or Lily-white because i was so fair skinned and never could tan).

My town will be called Carribie. I was thinking of island names (sort of like Caribbean) and was trying maybe to shorten it. I ended up with Carribie, which happens to also be the name of a Conservation Park in Australia. Anyway I thought it was cute.

I used to do London or England in honor of my mother who is English, but it doesnt seem good for a island like this.

Carribie is really cute! (Love the name Lily too)

I'm still deciding on a name. It's really tough. I want to base my island name off something relating to purple or mist.

Sotoba (Village name from one of my favourite Anime Shiki. Though seeing as it's a village and not an island, may not work.)
Melt (This just sounds kind of cute.)
Dusk
Murk
Lavuve (Lavender/Mauve)
Vioplum (Violet/Plum)

Still thinking though...

Just so you know, Sotoba for an island would work fine! c:
The kanji of Sotoba is 外場 which roughly translates to 'outside area', and it could be perfect for a remote island.

Also, Shiki is one of my favourite anime to watch during Halloween <3

Last edited:
Have you decided on an island name?

I started a poll on twitter because I couldn't decide between 3 options, but people were kind enough to vote and so I've decided to name my island Calypso! c:

adccb6f4775e1f03753e34318ae166c8.jpg

I think how it'll be referred to is a big factor as well - will it be just the name on it's own or will they refer to it as Calypso island?

Has anybody else decided on a name yet?

Calypso is a nice name!

I think I'll go with Colibri Key if we get at least 11 characters, or maybe just Colibri/Kolibri if we don't, but I'm still not 100% sure.

Personally, I'm going for "Muunspore." (Copyrighted... sort of. I'd rather nobody used it.) A mixture of Sunspore and Moon. It's gonna be a town that looks good in day or night, split into quarters.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You get 10 characters at least. Unless Nintendo showed... Hacked footage?

Back