• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What 2017 releases are you excited for?

littletwinclouds

sleepy girl~
Bells
Leif
Poptart Easter Egg
Flea
Famous Mushroom
There are quite a few games I'm excited about next year (which is good because tbh games this year were pretty mediocre)

So far I'm looking forward to:
- Gravity Rush 2
- Persona 5
- Nier: Automata (the special edition isn't available in Australia, but I really want that 2B figurine!!)
- the new Yakuza games
- Assassin's Creed Empire (if it's released)
- the new Senran Kagura

What about you?

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Or the entire Nintendo Switch release in general)
Cuphead (Please don't be a Mighty No. 9)
Oddworld: Soulstorm

NieR: Automata! I was especially excited to see that they're planning on porting it to PC. I never had the consoles to play the original NieR but I love the story, so I'm looking forward to playing the next installment by myself. It looks insanely thrilling with better polished gameplay, here's hoping it lives up to the hype surrounding it.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is probably the title I'm most hyped about though. I can't wait to sink my teeth into that delicious world they've created, it looks marvellously interactive. I'm still debating whether or not I should ditch the Wii U and get the Switch... I'll need to wait until there are clear comparisons between the two versions and also a price point for the Switch. I at least want to be able to play BotW on release day.

I guess there's Gwent too lol. Not majorly exciting but still a cool game to kill time and add to my collection.

From the top of my head, Gravity Rush 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn are really the only 2 games I've been looking forward to that aren't out yet.

I keep flip flopping about Zelda because I'm kind of just sick of waiting for it. I'll probably be excited when it's closer to release.

Also seeing some of the replies, I also look forward to seeing new Oddworld and Senran Kagura. Any announcements for them either flew under my radar or I just forgot they were happening.

Shenmue III. Hoping there'll be sailors.

I'm hoping Shenmue III spawns some sort of remaster of the first 2, or at least a digital rerelease or something.

Wanted to play them for a while but don't own the consoles they're on or have a computer powerful enough to run the emulators. Doesn't seem like a game I should jump in at number 3 with.

Been waiting for Crackdown 3 for so long now. Crackdown 1 is among my top 5 games of all time and 3 looks like 1 on steroids. With all these delays, all I'm hoping is that it doesn't turn out like Might No. 9 or No Man's Sky and turns out to be a masterpiece - I have faith in Microsoft though, I'm sure they can pull off an amazing game.

NieR: Automata! I was especially excited to see that they're planning on porting it to PC. I never had the consoles to play the original NieR but I love the story, so I'm looking forward to playing the next installment by myself. It looks insanely thrilling with better polished gameplay, here's hoping it lives up to the hype surrounding it.

I guess there's Gwent too lol. Not majorly exciting but still a cool game to kill time and add to my collection.

Omg the original NieR is amazing!! idk if there's a demo available for PC, but if you have a PS4 I know there's a demo out - play it if you can! it's soooooo good!

I got the beta for Gwent and personally I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the version in The Witcher, but admittedly I didn't play for very long.
Speaking of which though, I can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077!! CD Projekt is amazing!

I'm hoping Shenmue III spawns some sort of remaster of the first 2, or at least a digital rerelease or something.

Wanted to play them for a while but don't own the consoles they're on or have a computer powerful enough to run the emulators. Doesn't seem like a game I should jump in at number 3 with.

Since Sega is "investigating" making remasters of the first two games, I'd say there's actually a pretty good chance that we'll get it, but then again, it's Sega and Shenmue we're talking about.

If you ever get the chance to play them, I'd say go for it. I can't recommend them enough.

Basically just the Switch in general. Just give me the god damn thing already.

The only thing I'm currently interested in that is coming out in 2017 is Pokemon Stars or whatever the third version of Pokemon Sun & Moon is supposed to be on the Nintendo Switch. I'm not big into most modern stuff and don't have or really have much interest in acquiring other current gen consoles. It all gets too pricey and I lack the interest I had a few years ago.

I'm looking forward to what's in store for the new Mario Kart 8 update for the Nintendo Switch.

Oh, uhm I actually can't name anything that I know is coming in 2017...

I don't know any games coming out in 2017 except Yoshi's Wooly World and I want that one.

I can only play 3DS games anyway since my laptop can't handle any new games and my "newest" console is an Xbox 360 (my brother has a One but he doesn't share).

Persona 5 and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild are at the top of my list. After that Gravity Rush 2, KH 2.8, the KH remaster remasters and then who knows what.

-Persona 5
- Story of Seasons 2
I don't think The Last of Us 2 comes out next year.. not sure though

Last edited:
Back