• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Splatoon Weapon Reviews

MelodyMagics

Mayor Bluebell of Leaf
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Hello fellow Inklings! I've been playing Splatoon for awhile as a roller. I've lately been thinking about what it's like to play as other weapons and what their weaknesses and strengths are that we can't see. So I have decided to test, battle, and learn about all of them! I figured some people would want a guide. I will be posting in the comments my personal review of the weapon. I will keep adding as more weapons get added. I will also in the future talk about stats, and various stages. I would love a few words from you guys and what you think about various weapons, stats, and stages! Just post in the comments below! :3

~Have Fun Inking!
Gold Dynamo Roller User, MelodyMagics (Devin)

~Rollers~

Splat Roller

Special: Killer Wail
Sub: Suction Bomb

Notes: Fast "ground-hit" melee. 1 hit plow and melee.
When using the "ground-hit" move, small amounts of ink
fly out. Moves faster than other rollers. Covers the least
amount of turf.

Personal Experience: The Splat Roller was my second weapon ever. After using it, I never used a gun again. No Splattershot Jr. anymore. I felt a lot more comfortable and "higher-ranked" than everyone else. Just being able to zoom on a pathway and cover it fully made me feel like the "all might powerful one" of the team.. Until I was introduced to rapid-fire guns. That was the end of that dream.

Krak-on Splat Roller

Special: Kraken
Sub: Beakon

Notes: Just like the Splat Roller, the Krak-On Splat Roller
has fast "ground-hit" melee, 1 hit K.O. plows and melee,
with fast running. The only difference I noticed was when
you "ground-hit" more ink flies out. I'd say medium in
comparison to the Splat Roller vs. the Gold Dynamo Roller.

Personal Experience: The Krak-On Splat Roller is still my longest used roller so far. I used this specific roller right as soon as I unlocked it, took a little break to use the Carbon Roller (then realized I disliked a huge factor in that roller), then went back to using the Krak-On Splat Roller until I was level 16 and had unlocked the Dynamo Roller.

Back