• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Villager Popularity List - Updated

Yeah why is Peitro so low? I think he is awful but he is popular. I voted him tier 3 at least.

I wonder if people are voting who they think is cute rather than who they think is popular. :/

Goldie,static, and Chevre all seem extremely popular as well. :l

Yeah why is Peitro so low? I think he is awful but he is popular. I voted him tier 3 at least.

I wonder if people are voting who they think is cute rather than who they think is popular. :/

Goldie,static, and Chevre all seem extremely popular as well. :l

Well, the poll wasn't the entire deciding factor for villagers. Results would be verryy different if that were the case.
It was basically just to help me get started. Since a lot of the villagers would have about 6-7 votes each for every tier, it was hard place every villager into a separate tier... So I just referred to it in the very beginning and scrapped it after that.

Also Goldie and Chevre did get a pretty big jump from the old list. Static, not sure, I think he stayed about the same.

Last edited:
Hi I can't figure out how to view the list can somebody please help me?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait please ignore me I just had to switch to the full site (im mobile) this is so nice! Good job!

Here are some of my opinions and observations! I LOVE the voting, and as time goes on, it will become much better. However, I think there are some villagers who deserve to be higher/lower or just surprised me!

-O'hare is tier 2? Good for him! I wouldn't say he's more popular then Chrissy, Bam, Zell, or Phoebe, but he will likely have a fall in the future.

-Tier 1 looks nice! I'm surprised Ankha isn't there, but everything else looks nice!

-Flurry and Bunnie surprised me for being near the top of Tier 2.

-Cookie, Poppy, and Fuchsia are doing good!

-I'm surprised that Tom, Filbert, Blanchr, and Teddy (???) are more popular than Cherry, Kiki, Sprinkle, Kid Cat, Deirdre, and Apollo. I really don't understand how Teddy got so popular. We're people voting based on names, and thought he was Stitches?

-Tier 4 looks a bit odd to me, but again, as there are more votes, it will even out. I'm surprised that Moe, Ribbot, Poncho, Hazel, Purrl, Dotty, Cranston, Sly, Renee, Monique (???), and Wendy (???) are in the same tier as Bianca, Pashmina, Bruce, Carmen, Colton, Rudy, Felicity (wow she dropped), Tangy, and Snake.

-Some Tier 5 villagers surprised me. I hate Chester and hope he drops. Roscoe, Eugene, PIETRO, DRAGO, Melba, Alice, Rolf, Soleil, Roald, Ken, BONBON, FRITA, Jeremiah, Nana, and Caroline seem much too low. The fact that Lucy beat Gala and Sally and Cally beat Caroline, is odd. Also, ROWAN BETTER FALL. Whoever voted him anything higher than last tier needs their eyes checked! I HATE Rowan. Some unpopular villagers that rose up and surprised me were: Tutu (???), Doc (ew), Pompom (yay!), Bree, Sterling, Patty, Baabara, Lucy, Grizzly, Pudge, Sydney, Graham, Pinky, Rodeo, Nate (please drop), and Annalise.

-Tier 6 is good. No real surprises there, besides villagers that are WAYY too high. Alfonso, Bella, Monty, and a couple others mildly surprised me, however. I'm sure you said it somewhere, but I'm going to assume T6 is backwards.

I really like the system and I hope it can become better!

i love this!! i can't imagine the amount of work that went/goes into this, and i can't wait to start using this!! i love how it includes tbt as well as igb, bc i never know what to price them in tbt!! thank u so much for making this!!!

ps AHH YAY BLAIRE WENT UP!!!

Hi I can't figure out how to view the list can somebody please help me?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait please ignore me I just had to switch to the full site (im mobile) this is so nice! Good job!
xD Thank you! I'll be working on an image later on today with at least 1-4 so people on mobile can actually see it. Or maybe I'll just post a separate blog with this list, so people can follow that link and view without spoilers.

Here are some of my opinions and observations! I LOVE the voting, and as time goes on, it will become much better. However, I think there are some villagers who deserve to be higher/lower or just surprised me!

-O'hare is tier 2? Good for him! I wouldn't say he's more popular then Chrissy, Bam, Zell, or Phoebe, but he will likely have a fall in the future.

-Tier 1 looks nice! I'm surprised Ankha isn't there, but everything else looks nice!

-Flurry and Bunnie surprised me for being near the top of Tier 2.

-Cookie, Poppy, and Fuchsia are doing good!

-I'm surprised that Tom, Filbert, Blanchr, and Teddy (???) are more popular than Cherry, Kiki, Sprinkle, Kid Cat, Deirdre, and Apollo. I really don't understand how Teddy got so popular. We're people voting based on names, and thought he was Stitches?

-Tier 4 looks a bit odd to me, but again, as there are more votes, it will even out. I'm surprised that Moe, Ribbot, Poncho, Hazel, Purrl, Dotty, Cranston, Sly, Renee, Monique (???), and Wendy (???) are in the same tier as Bianca, Pashmina, Bruce, Carmen, Colton, Rudy, Felicity (wow she dropped), Tangy, and Snake.

-Some Tier 5 villagers surprised me. I hate Chester and hope he drops. Roscoe, Eugene, PIETRO, DRAGO, Melba, Alice, Rolf, Soleil, Roald, Ken, BONBON, FRITA, Jeremiah, Nana, and Caroline seem much too low. The fact that Lucy beat Gala and Sally and Cally beat Caroline, is odd. Also, ROWAN BETTER FALL. Whoever voted him anything higher than last tier needs their eyes checked! I HATE Rowan. Some unpopular villagers that rose up and surprised me were: Tutu (???), Doc (ew), Pompom (yay!), Bree, Sterling, Patty, Baabara, Lucy, Grizzly, Pudge, Sydney, Graham, Pinky, Rodeo, Nate (please drop), and Annalise.

-Tier 6 is good. No real surprises there, besides villagers that are WAYY too high. Alfonso, Bella, Monty, and a couple others mildly surprised me, however. I'm sure you said it somewhere, but I'm going to assume T6 is backwards.

I really like the system and I hope it can become better!

Ahh like I previously said (and just updated my main post), the poll from now on really won't have that much of a difference in the list. From here on out, it's pretty much just me dedicating my entire life to this project with staying on top of villager trends. XD

You can disagree with what I've posted and that's okay!
Although, having some reasoning rather than "ugh I hate 'soandso' why aren't they lower" or "I love 'soandso' they should be higher" will help in deciding maybe they'll be moved. A good example would be pointing out trends in looking for/trading thread, in auctions, etc.

I'll be adding that little bit to my original post as well for the future ~

- - - Post Merge - - -

i love this!! i can't imagine the amount of work that went/goes into this, and i can't wait to start using this!! i love how it includes tbt as well as igb, bc i never know what to price them in tbt!! thank u so much for making this!!!

ps AHH YAY BLAIRE WENT UP!!!

Hahah. ♥ Thank you! Yeah the TBT / IGB is pretty confusing, since in the TBT marketplace the conversion is a little different... What I've posted is correct for the trading plaza though.

A very unique take on the villager popularity list. Whether I am unsure if I agree or not, I find that this could be something new to the table. Keep up the work and igmore the criticism. Good luck

I think Bruce and Tangy being so low are the ones I disagree with, but I love them so much that it's probably just a me thing lol

Thank you so much for doing this. It seems like such a tedious project, but it was much needed. I really hope this gets Stickied!

Glad to see someone create another tier list. The other one hadn't been updated for ages. Looking forward to seeing how my favorites do.

A very unique take on the villager popularity list. Whether I am unsure if I agree or not, I find that this could be something new to the table. Keep up the work and igmore the criticism. Good luck
Thank you so much!
I think Bruce and Tangy being so low are the ones I disagree with, but I love them so much that it's probably just a me thing lol

Thank you so much for doing this. It seems like such a tedious project, but it was much needed. I really hope this gets Stickied!
Hoping for a sticky!
Also.. Check Bruce and Tangy again. :]
Somehow... I honestly don't know how or why I didn't catch it when adding in the sprites.. I originally had Bruce where Blanche was in tier 3. They got switched. I wish I had an explanation but I really don't know what I did xD it's fixed!
Tangy is still in tier 4, but she's now #1 instead of last.. This was another mistake on my part. In my excel sheet, she was #1, and last. So when I had excel remove the duplicates, it for some reason removed the first one. (usually/it's suppose to remove the 2nd...) ANYWAYS, it's fixed. ♥

Hm I didn't really get a good look at the list before. Felicity, Rudy, and Tangy being so low is surprising. It definitely feels like I void some of the higher ones in that tier than them. O well the rest of the list is pretty decent.
- edit: o I wrote ^ before you changed Tangy to the top of T4 but forgot to submit post when I got into a game ha. I guess that's a good enough spot!

Last edited:
Hm I didn't really get a good look at the list before. Felicity, Rudy, and Tangy being so low is surprising. It definitely feels like I void some of the higher ones in that tier than them. O well the rest of the list is pretty decent.
- edit: o I wrote ^ before you changed Tangy to the top of T4 but forgot to submit post when I got into a game ha. I guess that's a good enough spot!

I'm about... 95% sure I might end up having to boot down Ankha, Bunnie, and maybe Rosie? I've been thinking of doing so since I first started the list. I guess I just kept them there so they could grasp onto that last bit of fame, but I really have not seen one mention of them in the looking for thread, nobody is lurking for them (from the past week or more), etc...
& I completely agree about Felicity, Rudy and Tangy. Tbh I thought the Tangy "hype" had died down, but seems like it hasn't. They may not get like a huge jump replacing the top of tier 2, but it will shift up accordingly.

Glad Tangy is at the top of Tier 4, she did not belong at the bottom of Tier 4.
Like another poster said, how is Lucy ahead of Gala? They're both cute but I thought Gala was way more popular than Lucy.
And it's odd how Sally and Cally are above Caroline, they're all underrated but Caroline seemed to be the more popular one.
Keep up the good work though :)

Ahh like I previously said (and just updated my main post), the poll from now on really won't have that much of a difference in the list. From here on out, it's pretty much just me dedicating my entire life to this project with staying on top of villager trends. XD

Although, having some reasoning rather than "ugh I hate 'soandso' why aren't they lower" or "I love 'soandso' they should be higher" will help in deciding maybe they'll be moved. A good example would be pointing out trends in looking for/trading thread, in auctions, etc.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah! It's sad to see some villagers like Tangy just drop in popularity, like Colton or Goldie once did. It'll be nice seeing this be represented here! Just for fun, what villagers have seen odd popularity spikes recently? It seems like BLUEBEAR, Caroline, Lopez, and a few other villagers will have spikes.

It's nice to have an updated tier list since the other one hasn't been updated in forever.

It saddens me to see Poppy lower in Tier Two though; if I recall correctly she used to be incredibly close to making Tier One.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Although I'm delighted to see four of my favorite squirrels are up in Tier Three

Glad Tangy is at the top of Tier 4, she did not belong at the bottom of Tier 4.
Like another poster said, how is Lucy ahead of Gala? They're both cute but I thought Gala was way more popular than Lucy.
And it's odd how Sally and Cally are above Caroline, they're all underrated but Caroline seemed to be the more popular one.
Keep up the good work though :)
I missed the other post about this! So sorry to whoever asked it.
To be completely honest, tier 5 is still like... a complete MESS in my brain. x_x It's a lot more organized/structured than being grouped with tier 6 and alphabetized. But it's still sort of iffy in some minor spots that I may have overlooked before (Lucy and Gala, and the squirrles for example). I'll be looking more closely at this tonight and making those minor changes. :]
Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah! It's sad to see some villagers like Tangy just drop in popularity, like Colton or Goldie once did. It'll be nice seeing this be represented here! Just for fun, what villagers have seen odd popularity spikes recently? It seems like BLUEBEAR, Caroline, Lopez, and a few other villagers will have spikes.
Off the top of my head, Teddy comes to mind. Fuchsia, O'hare, Melba (still not that popular but she's getting there)

It's nice to have an updated tier list since the other one hasn't been updated in forever.

It saddens me to see Poppy lower in Tier Two though; if I recall correctly she used to be incredibly close to making Tier One.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Although I'm delighted to see four of my favorite squirrels are up in Tier Three
As much as I love Poppy, I've seen her voided frequently, but not so much as to where she dropped an entire tier. Maybe she'll jump back up very soon :]

Wow, seeing bottom of the barrel just kills me... I have so many of those guys scattered across my five towns and wouldn't know what to do without them. But I guess so long as someone loves them, that is great.

Couldn't we maybe rename it 'Placement Challenged Tier'? :) Just an idea...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or possibly 'Popularity Challenged?' Just something not so bleak and sad?

Wow, seeing bottom of the barrel just kills me... I have so many of those guys scattered across my five towns and wouldn't know what to do without them. But I guess so long as someone loves them, that is great.

Couldn't we maybe rename it 'Placement Challenged Tier'? :) Just an idea...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or possibly 'Popularity Challenged?' Just something not so bleak and sad?

I had nooo idea what to call tier 6, so I just took the name from the old tier list D: I am open to suggestions though! Popularity challenged may work, or I can think of something similar to that. :]

Questionnnnn any input would be greatly appreciated.
As I'm trying to fix up tier 5 a bit... I'm really just leaning towards changing everything up (again). Not necessarily the villager placements. but with how it is now- 30 villagers in tier 2-4, then a drastic change to 90 villagers in tier 5, seems a bit odd to me... Does anyone think maybe having an evenly distributed 45 for each tier seem better?
It would be quite a shift in villagers moving up, but I always thought that if the old list had tier 5 broken up, it would result in adding small amounts into each tier, rather than throwing a whole bunch into one.
Or am I just crazy? x_x

Last edited:
I had nooo idea what to call tier 6, so I just took the name from the old tier list D: I am open to suggestions though! Popularity challenged may work, or I can think of something similar to that. :]

Questionnnnn any input would be greatly appreciated.
As I'm trying to fix up tier 5 a bit... I'm really just leaning towards changing everything up (again). Not necessarily the villager placements. but with how it is now- 30 villagers in tier 2-4, then a drastic change to 90 villagers in tier 5, seems a bit odd to me... Does anyone think maybe having an evenly distributed 45 for each tier seem better?
It would be quite a shift in villagers moving up, but I always thought that if the old list had tier 5 broken up, it would result in adding small amounts into each tier, rather than throwing a whole bunch into one.
Or am I just crazy? x_x

I don't think evenly distributing villagers to each tier works though.
The current one is modeled like a pyramid,
lesser number for more popular ones and more number for less popular ones,
it kinda makes more sense this way.
It's something like you have lesser stars compared to fans (can't come up with a better example),
so I think it's better like that, imho. c:

~♚Vickie

Back