• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Villager Popularity List - Updated

HUGS! Thank you for changing the tier six title! I really appreciate it :)

Just a heads up that Renee is in both tier 5 and tier 6 c:
~♚Vickie

HUGS! Thank you for changing the tier six title! I really appreciate it :)
:] no problem at all! I prefer "Not popular" way better anyways, fits more with the other titles.. Not sure why I didn't think of it before haha.
Just a heads up that Renee is in both tier 5 and tier 6 c:
~♚Vickie
Blaah. /facepalm. thank you!
This worries me though because that means there -might- be a villager missing from tier 6....
Will look into this now. x.x

Also - currently working on one image for allll the tiers, mainly for users who can't view the spoilers :]

ok I finally had time to go through this like hardcore and I have a lot of questionable villagers! is it ok, if I post here about it? or would you prefer I PM you? I don't mean it to be mean or critical because I really think you did an amazing job... I just love watching the VTP and do it a lot

ok I finally had time to go through this like hardcore and I have a lot of questionable villagers! is it ok, if I post here about it? or would you prefer I PM you? I don't mean it to be mean or critical because I really think you did an amazing job... I just love watching the VTP and do it a lot

Please post them here! Unless you would prefer to PM, but I really don't mind criticism at all. Anything that can improve this is greatly appreciated, as long as it's backed up with logical reasoning :]

Maple moved into Tier 1 again. Hooray! And Fuchsia moved from Tier 3 to Tier 2.

Why Drago Is Tier 5?
I seen him been asked a lot
doesn't appear but people ask him
I don't think he should be tier 5 for that reason I see him likely tier 4 or 3 not five
but if you give me an explanation for him being on tier 5 I won't argue

Last edited:
Please post them here! Unless you would prefer to PM, but I really don't mind criticism at all. Anything that can improve this is greatly appreciated, as long as it's backed up with logical reasoning :]

ok I started at the top and worked down, looking at each one and looked at who each villager was around and so I looked at them and kinda thought, they seem a little out of place.

Bam I could see moving down from 13th to like high tier 3, Genji below him didn't make sense to me as I don't see Bam get adopted much even when he does show up. and people like Francine, Octavian, and Freya get way more love than him

speaking of Freya, I think she could move too for those same reasons, she always gets scooped up way more than Octavian and Poppy who she is around

Rudy has a huge following and I think holds his own in Tier 2, a lot of towns have him as their Jock because no one really likes any of the other jocks lol. Especially Bam

Kabuki has had a lot of popularity recently, popping up in several cycling threads and getting adopted quickly each time, I could see him in Tier 2 due to recent activity

Tom... I literally never see him and when he does show up I wouldn't think twice about voiding him. I barely see him in signatures and being looked for, def a Tier 4 at least. To see him around Flora and Kabuki just seemed out of place

Savannah has a lot of people who hold onto her and I feel she could definitely use a raise especially compared to Gladys, Vesta, Purrl, and Poncho above her

Gladys and Monique are both in Tier 4 but honestly I never even see anyone want them. I wouldn't think twice about seeing them in Tier 6. I forgot who Gladys even was when I saw her on the list, and Monique had a hate thread about her recently in the ACNL discussion thread

Melba, I agree with everyone she has gained a lot of momentum and def deserves to be higher, especially compared to Agent S, Portia, and Chester who are around her.

Roscoe gets adopted so quickly and he appears in a lot of peoples' towns too, I don't understand why he is so low! I could see him as high as Tier 3, but not with the likes of Gala, Jacques, and Kitty....
Eugene right below him too, not as extremely necessary as Roscoe, but def out of place in his current spot

I reiterate Pietro too, because he is in so many towns, signatures, and gets adopted really fast when he comes around the threads

Drago is a very niche villager too who is in lots of towns and LF threads

a lot of these people just seemed out of place in their current spots on the lists! so if you don't quite understand my verbal reasonings above, just re look at their spot and the other villagers around them and see if you still think they belong where they do as that was a big part of my process

ok I started at the top and worked down, looking at each one and looked at who each villager was around and so I looked at them and kinda thought, they seem a little out of place.

Bam I could see moving down from 13th to like high tier 3, Genji below him didn't make sense to me as I don't see Bam get adopted much even when he does show up. and people like Francine, Octavian, and Freya get way more love than him

speaking of Freya, I think she could move too for those same reasons, she always gets scooped up way more than Octavian and Poppy who she is around

Rudy has a huge following and I think holds his own in Tier 2, a lot of towns have him as their Jock because no one really likes any of the other jocks lol. Especially Bam

Kabuki has had a lot of popularity recently, popping up in several cycling threads and getting adopted quickly each time, I could see him in Tier 2 due to recent activity

Tom... I literally never see him and when he does show up I wouldn't think twice about voiding him. I barely see him in signatures and being looked for, def a Tier 4 at least. To see him around Flora and Kabuki just seemed out of place

Savannah has a lot of people who hold onto her and I feel she could definitely use a raise especially compared to Gladys, Vesta, Purrl, and Poncho above her

Gladys and Monique are both in Tier 4 but honestly I never even see anyone want them. I wouldn't think twice about seeing them in Tier 6. I forgot who Gladys even was when I saw her on the list, and Monique had a hate thread about her recently in the ACNL discussion thread

Melba, I agree with everyone she has gained a lot of momentum and def deserves to be higher, especially compared to Agent S, Portia, and Chester who are around her.

Roscoe gets adopted so quickly and he appears in a lot of peoples' towns too, I don't understand why he is so low! I could see him as high as Tier 3, but not with the likes of Gala, Jacques, and Kitty....
Eugene right below him too, not as extremely necessary as Roscoe, but def out of place in his current spot

I reiterate Pietro too, because he is in so many towns, signatures, and gets adopted really fast when he comes around the threads

a lot of these people just seemed out of place in their current spots on the lists! so if you don't quite understand my verbal reasonings above, just re look at their spot and the other villagers around them and see if you still think they belong where they do as that was a big part of my process

I totally agree with Roscoe. I see him being sought after a lot.

Last edited:

Phew, not as many as I thought. lol. Okay! Bam I did have in tier 3 originally. Hm. I thought I had seen him scooped up, especially more recently. Although, I do agree Rudy is more popular. I'll end up switching them, which would put Francine, Freya and Octavian being higher than Bam.
Genji has gained quite a bit of popularity, but not so much he belongs that high in tier 2. Tbh, I didn't even realize until now I put him THAT high. So, I'll most likely switch Kabuki with Genji.
Tom.. he does have a few fans, but I really do never see him being lurked for, so agreed on that.
Savannah, I originally had her a bit higher. She is quite unique, and because of that could be easily sold. So, I'll definitely raise her a bit.
Monique, I had no idea she was hated that much XD I knew she wasn't crazy loved, but didn't think she belonged in tier 6. I'll definitely look into this.
Roscoe and Drago, agreed. I have seen a spike in popularity among them.
Eugene, deserves tier 4 possibly. Maybe not tier 3 like he is in the old villager thread, but will see when I start switching up some things.

I completely agree with what you said though about looking at the villagers around each other, and sorting through that way. I hadn't even started doing this until my last update (which made things a lot easier, and overall improved the list), so I'll take some more time and do this. quickly looking at gladys and the villagers under her, I agree that she should be lower.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look through it :] I really want it to be accurate as possible, and even though i literally browse the vtp allllll day, I sometimes seem to overlook some things x_x

EDIT: As for Pietro... I kind of see him like an Ankha really. A lot of people have them, but really I see both voided so often. So they're popular... but sought out after, I'm not so sure. But to have Ankha in tier 2, while Pietro is so low.. Ahh, I'll come up with something.

Last edited:
Phew, not as many as I thought. lol. Okay! Bam I did have in tier 3 originally. Hm. I thought I had seen him scooped up, especially more recently. Although, I do agree Rudy is more popular. I'll end up switching them, which would put Francine, Freya and Octavian being higher than Bam.
Genji has gained quite a bit of popularity, but not so much he belongs that high in tier 2. Tbh, I didn't even realize until now I put him THAT high. So, I'll most likely switch Kabuki with Genji.
Tom.. he does have a few fans, but I really do never see him being lurked for, so agreed on that.
Savannah, I originally had her a bit higher. She is quite unique, and because of that could be easily sold. So, I'll definitely raise her a bit.
Monique, I had no idea she was hated that much XD I knew she wasn't crazy loved, but didn't think she belonged in tier 6. I'll definitely look into this.
Roscoe and Drago, agreed. I have seen a spike in popularity among them.
Eugene, deserves tier 4 possibly. Maybe not tier 3 like he is in the old villager thread, but will see when I start switching up some things.

I completely agree with what you said though about looking at the villagers around each other, and sorting through that way. I hadn't even started doing this until my last update (which made things a lot easier, and overall improved the list), so I'll take some more time and do this. quickly looking at gladys and the villagers under her, I agree that she should be lower.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look through it :] I really want it to be accurate as possible, and even though i literally browse the vtp allllll day, I sometimes seem to overlook some things x_x

EDIT: As for Pietro... I kind of see him like an Ankha really. A lot of people have them, but really I see both voided so often. So they're popular... but sought out after, I'm not so sure. But to have Ankha in tier 2, while Pietro is so low.. Ahh, I'll come up with something.

always happy to help! PM or VM me anytime you want more opinions or help :D

I agree that Pietro and Ankha share a similar fan base so agree they shoud be sharing the same tier. Don't forget that voiding has so much to do with timing. I actually think I see Pietro adopted out more than Ankha at this point. Awww, now I am seeing them as a cute couple :)

10 of my villagers are in Tier 6. I don't love them any less though. In fact, I fell in love with Bertha.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, strike that. 11 of my villagers are in Tier 6.

See I agree with bam being where he is, he gets snapped up so quickly, I haven't met many people who don't want either him or Kidcat as their jocks. He really is a popular little guy, he never lasts long on these boards and I've never once seen him voided (I could have missed it I know).
Roscoe I've seen voided a lot, but I agree maybe a little high up the list. Several people have him but I don't think he's as searched for as Lobo even.

Pietro I hardly ever see in anybody's town. He really is an acquired taste I think....having a clown design tends to put a lot of people off. My friend had him in their cycling town and couldn't even give him away.

I do think Octavian could be moved up a bit, but he's not as popular as Bam from what I've seen on here and gamefaqs :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, Bruce seems to be very very sought after lately. I hadn't realised until I'd seen him start appearing in cycling towns and a lot of people being interested in him.

I agree that Pietro and Ankha share a similar fan base so agree they shoud be sharing the same tier. Don't forget that voiding has so much to do with timing. I actually think I see Pietro adopted out more than Ankha at this point. Awww, now I am seeing them as a cute couple :)
Oh gosh nooooooo not a couple. ;_; I'm about to get Ankha and just even thinking of putting Pietro with her. x__x Complete opposites, really. xD Fan base wise, totally agree they are very similar.
As with voiding and timing, you're exactly right. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the majority of cyclers speed cycle (guilty). Doesn't really give a chance to see which villagers are actually wanted. I don't really use cycling threads for their New/Boxes list because of this, but instead take note of their lurk list. (which is also why I encourage lurking in my thread c: )
See I agree with bam being where he is, he gets snapped up so quickly, I haven't met many people who don't want either him or Kidcat as their jocks. He really is a popular little guy, he never lasts long on these boards and I've never once seen him voided (I could have missed it I know).
Roscoe I've seen voided a lot, but I agree maybe a little high up the list. Several people have him but I don't think he's as searched for as Lobo even.

Pietro I hardly ever see in anybody's town. He really is an acquired taste I think....having a clown design tends to put a lot of people off. My friend had him in their cycling town and couldn't even give him away.

I do think Octavian could be moved up a bit, but he's not as popular as Bam from what I've seen on here and gamefaqs :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, Bruce seems to be very very sought after lately. I hadn't realised until I'd seen him start appearing in cycling towns and a lot of people being interested in him.

Realllly do agree with Bam.
I've been making quite a few changes with the villagers mentioned above, but Bam I just cannot seem to move out of tier 2.

Will be posting updates shortly. ♥

okaaaay. more edits. .__. I'm sorry for anyone who has been using this and has to keep dealing with all these updates. as long as the trends, especially with kabuki, roscoe, drago, and melba, keep up I don't see really any more changes that I can possibly make. XD
Very confident in this list, compared to before when tier 5 was just a mess and some villagers were really out of place.

VillagerNew
placement

Previous
placement
Result
Freya#11, t2#17, t2higher
Octavian#12, t2#18, t2higher
Genji#7, t3#14, t2lower
Rudy#17, t2#1, t3higher
Kyle#23, t2#16, t2lower
Mitzi#4, t3#28, t2lower
Kabuki#28, t2#6, t3higher