• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Villager gender ratio?

Tiny Genji Photo.png
Tiny Jacques Photo.png
Tiny Henry Photo.png
Tiny Groucho Photo.png
Tiny Pierce Photo.png
Tiny Rex Photo.png
Tiny Bud Photo.png

Tiny Shino Photo.png
Tiny Gala Photo.png
Tiny Reneigh Photo.png

7 Males - 3 Females. I'd prefer 6-4 or 5-5 though, but I'm taking who I'm interested in when they present themselves and ain't going to pass up on someone I want just to keep the gender evened out.

However, my most recent hunt was my longest hunt and resulted in a male (Sheldon) being replaced by another male. (Genji) I was a little salty about the hunt since everyone was boasting about seeing the new villagers right and left on hunts while it took me 94 tickets to see two of them. I went to 97 tickets and grabbed Genji then proceeded to use my Shino card to kick out Sherb to make things feel more worth while and also gets the females back up to three.

Bud or Rex are next ones up to move, so I might end up more evened out after the next hunt.

Currently have 3 females: Kiki, Shino and Quinn. I tend to have only 2-3 females (and cycle them) because majority of my permanent villagers are male.

let's see. 4 males and 6 females. i like to have an even split of villager gender, and at least one of each personality type though i won't die if i'm missing one - like right now i have no snooty villager, but 3 normal, 2 uchi, and 1 peppy.

Before I reset my island I noticed I had like. 5 Snooty, 2 Peppy, 2 Smug and 1 Lazy so I definitely had some favorites. I'm trying to be a bit more balanced now for the sake of getting DIY recipes but plan on shuffling villagers out as I get photos from them to keep things fresh.

I only have males to fill in the personality types lol just my preference to have more females I suppose. But I do cycle non-dreamies often in order to get posters.

I always tried having 1 of each personality for the longest, which always had me at 5 males and 5 females, but,,, I ended up going on designs. Now, I have pietro, dom, sasha, sherb, Marty, Marshall and Frett the girls are skye, Judy, chai. I'd love to have more girls but there aren't anymore girl villagers I'd prefer more*** than my current boys. And I also, end up liking mostly lazy designs!

I have an even split! Olivia, Lolly, Audie, Shino, and Deirdre for the girls, and Fang, Raymond, Sherb, Sasha, and Kid Cat for the boys. It would be so nice if you could change the personality subtypes around since I have two type A peppies and would like to swap one to type B. ^^;

I tend to end up 5:5 or 6:4, favoring female villagers. I have all the personality types, a second normal, and then another type duplicate that ISN’T jock. One jock is enough.

I chose based on design and whether I like a certain villager, not really looking at gender. But it would be nice to have an even number too... Just didn't work that way for me. I have 4 gals and 6 boys (3 of them are smugs 😲).

I like to have at least one of each personality. ATM I have 5 m and 5 f because I have 2peppy and 2 smug. Because personality is gender locked I have an even amount but if it wasn’t I would probably have a lot more girls.

I tend to keep it 6:4 as I like the female villagers more...I find my “balance” by having one of each personality, and two of each that I like best!

I have got only 2 girls.
Skye and Pashmina, but i wanna kick her out sooo badly.
To be honest, i dont really care about the gender, but the personality.

I try to have one of each personality type on my island so the gender ratio is pretty balanced but I do love normal villagers, so there are always slightly more girls than boys.

Back