• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Villager gender ratio?

Anitagonist

Squirrel Enthusiast
Bells
I was curious bc Idk why but it kinda bugs me but it also feels restrictive I don't want an island of just 1 gender but at the same time I enjoy a lot more of the female villagers so do you guys have like a ratio of how many animals you have in each gender or do you just have an all female or male island? Or heavily leaning towards one or the other?

It is always had half and half. 1 of each personality, and the 9th and 10th villager are extras. So I always have 5 males and 5 females.

i have just 3 dudes at the moment, 6 gals. got an empty house right now, heh. i do have a preference for the girls, they tend to be cuter. and the jock personality annoys me.

I have 5 male villagers - Marshal, Dom, Raymond, Cole and Sasha
And 5 female - Megan, Fauna, Etoile (moving atm), Tangy and Merengue.

i choose villagers based on design, not personality or gender, which means my villager ratio leans heavily male because i like a lot of the lazy villager designs. right now, my island has 6 male villagers and 4 female villagers. (4 lazies, 1 jock, 1 peppy, 2 snooty, 1 smug, 1 normal.) my final line-up will be the same, except it'll be 2 normals and 1 snooty instead, since skye and julia are just rotating through.

both my NL towns are about the same. my first town currently has 5 female villagers and 5 male. (4 lazies, 1 cranky, 3 normal, 1 snooty, 1 peppy.) admittedly, 2 of them -- one of each gender -- aren't permanent, but i'm too lazy to cycle them out now. if they ask, they can go, but right now they're just there. my second NL town currently has 5 male villagers and 4 female villagers. (1 snooty, 1 peppy, 2 normal, 2 lazy, 1 jock, 2 smug.) i have one free space, since it can only be filled by a camper or from someone else's void, and one of my smugs isn't permanent.

at least i seem to be consistent asdfghjk. a lot of my villagers made the journey over from my NL towns -- kid cat, punchy, lucky, biskit, vivian and bob.

I prefer having at least one of each personality, and I also prefer having 5 and 5. But I’m okay with a 6/4 ratio as well, if I like all the villagers. Right now I happen to have six male and 4 female villagers, so if a female villager moved, I would only invite another female villager to move in.

Right down the middle, 50/50. And I ship 'em all based on interactions. Twiggy and Aurora can't stay out of each other's houses, there's gotta be something there.

I have one of each personality, and make it 5 males and 5 females. While also trying to get different species.

I only have 2 males - Zell and Zucker. I very much have a preference for the peppy and normal designs, and most of the males I like are lazy.

Now that I think about it, I think my New Leaf town only has 2 as well - Broccolo and Butch.

I have one of each personality but it balances out to be 6 females and 4 males. I tend to prefer the female personalities more as well as design so I always have extras of those.

I have an even 5:5 split. Part of that has to do with making sure I have 1 of each personality, so I'd always have 4+x:4+y no matter, and my "extra" personalities have worked out to be one male personality (lazy) and one female personality (normal) to make it an even 5:5.

I know they have set gender, and I know the dialogue uses gendered terms, but it's never really been something I've paid much attention to. Certainly not to the point of making sure I have a certain balance in game.

By luck I have 6 male and 4 female villagers at the moment, but I don't strongly associate them as male/female regardless of the pronouns used or character design. End of the day they are all getting the same clothing item gifted to them, whether it's a victorian dress or a flashy cardigan. Their in game gender doesn't mean much to me

i only have 3 girls, and the rest are guys. i guess i’m partial to male designs.
ive gone through all 400+ villagers multiple times and made sure my permanent lineup only includes my absolute favorites design-wise and it just happened to be mostly dudes, but i don’t really mind. i also don’t really pay attention to the personalities & ended up with zero uchis.
to be honest, it doesn’t matter all that much. just invite whoever you like the best.

I like one of each personality then the extras are usually doubles of my favorite male/female personalities. My favorite has always been lazy overall, so I always have two lazy villagers then for female, it's either peppy or normal (sweet?)! I have two normals atm because I had Maggie in my campsite and she reminded me of my dog so I kicked Audie out for her lol

I'm planning to have 6 female villagers: Bunnie, Lolly, Willow, Francine, Chrissy, Renee (might get Marina or Lily if I meet them tho)

and 4 male villagers:
Sasha (have), Raymond (have), Dom, Fang

tbh I don't really care about the ratio as long as I have all the personality traits then it's all good that's why most of the time my line up is either 6:4 or 5:5

I’d like to have an even split of 5:5, but I’ll consider 6:4 either direction (more male or more female villagers) if that’s how it works out.

I probably have an equal amount of favorites in both groups, so it’s easy enough to go for a balance.

Back