• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Villager cycling/move-out question

telluric

rowdy lass
Bells
New Horizons Token
Red Rose
So I've been doing some villager cycling/holding/other stuff that just involves certain villagers needing to move out. I've noticed some things and I wanted to see if this was a common thing of if my RNG was just bad.

If you get villager A to move-in, and immediately try to cycle them out, are their odds for pinging to move out lower than they would be if say, villager A moved in, then a villager B moving out? Basically, you have another villager move out after village A moves in, THEN try to cycle them out. While I'm sure it's possible to get them to ping, but does anyone know how RNG might factor into this, or do they all have the same odds of pinging no matter how long they've been there.

For example, Jambette was a random move-in into an empty plot that came from somebody's void. I immediately tried to cycle her out because I was going to be accepting someone else from a trade. After a while of TTing, she would NOT ping and eventually I moved out someone else to accept the villager from my trade. Eventually, I got her out later on with someone from the campsite.

Sorry if this is a basic question, I never ever cycled in games like new leaf so I'm a bit unfamiliar with how the RNG works here. Any insight/experiences is appreciated!

Back