• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Update v2.0 + HHP Discussion Thread

So I got no announcement about DJ KK coming tomorrow even though it's Saturday. So I'm now starting to think that DJ KK actually comes biweekly instead of weekly as most people have thought, which would explain why he showed up last week but not the week before. I guess we'll see how things play out in the coming days and whether or not that gets confirmed/denied.

If you have Eloise on your main island, do you also get her as your default first client in HHP or do they change it? 🧐

If you have Eloise on your main island, do you also get her as your default first client in HHP or do they change it? 🧐
It changes. There's a set list of eleven or twelve possible first clients. The game cycles through them in a certain order until you get a villager that's not on your island. I forget who's on the list, second is Olivia, I think? Maybe Monique, someone of that ilk anyway ...

Has anyone gotten a real painting/statue from any of Redd's mid-week restocks that he does when you buy something from him? So far, I have gotten exclusively fakes on any day besides Monday... I have not even seen any of the "always real" ones in the restocks.

Last edited:
I know we can slide through furniture now, like if they are too close to each other, BUT, can villagers also slide ? i have not seen a single one and im worried I am building homes that are like useless for them. could someone please confirm if this is a possibility for our villagers ?Thanks!!!

On that note, has anyone tried to put pipes when decorating homes, like one inside and one in the garden and seen a villager use it ? like suddenly pop out of it while you are in the garden ?

On that note, has anyone tried to put pipes when decorating homes, like one inside and one in the garden and seen a villager use it ? like suddenly pop out of it while you are in the garden ?
Ketchup has a pipe in her house , but I never thought to try and see if it works. Will have to see if it works when I get home later.

Has anyone gotten a real painting/statue from any of Redd's mid-week restocks that he does when you buy something from him? So far, I have gotten exclusively fakes on any day besides Monday... I have not even seen any of the "always real" ones in the restocks.

Good question. I’ve been buying every day and I’m not sure he’s ever had real artwork for sale, even one I’ve already donated. I’m still a ways from completing the museum (about 1/4-1/3 left) so it’s pretty annoying.

I haven't, but then again, if there's two fakes to start the week then I'll only buy one and stop trying if it's another fake the next day, lol. The rates at which he restocks real art mid-week start at 20%, and it increases 5% every time you buy fake art from him that week, so it is just a matter of luck.

I cannot stress how happy I am about the building moving cost was lowered 40k. My island is undergoing some renovations and I tell you guys, it a lot easier to be able to move buildings when it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Quoting this from the datamine:

Mid-Week Replenished Inventory

Items that are sold out are replaced the next day. The rate for real art begins at 20%, and increases by 5% every time you buy a fake piece of art from Redd (cLand:FoxCommuneRealRate).

This pulls from the entire real art/fake art pool.

There is a maximum of two pieces of real art a week generated, before you are guaranteed fake art (cLand:FoxCommuneRealNum).

Start of Week

Before inventory is reset, any sold-out slots are replenished (but these items cannot be bought because the inventory is immediately reset right after).

At the start of the week, the entire inventory is reset as follows:
  • if the shop never stocked a real piece of art (regardless of whether you bought it or not) last week, there is a 100% chance of one slot having a real piece of art, and a 30% chance of the second slot having a real piece of art.
    • note that if there were sold-out slots right before the start of the week, and a real art was generated in that slot, this does not apply, even though you had no chance to buy it.
  • otherwise, both slots roll for a 30% chance of a real piece of art.
The rate for real art for mid-week replenished inventory is reset back to 20%.

The real art generated at the start of the week pulls only from the pool of real art that has a fake art analogue – art with only real versions cannot be generated at the start of the week.

i have -- he stocked a real motherly statue in his shop for me today.

also to answer the question about vacation homes: i've tried and i don't believe there is any way to remove a second floor, just add one when you've only got a single floor house.

I'm strongly considering this DLC and have a (maybe dumb) question: once you go to the HHP island, are the villagers/ random clients that spawn restricted to a very small list or can any not on your own island generate on HHP? I don't have access to any amibo cards. I want to be able to at least unlock decorating my villagers' houses and worry I may not have enough clients.

I'm strongly considering this DLC and have a (maybe dumb) question: once you go to the HHP island, are the villagers/ random clients that spawn restricted to a very small list or can any not on your own island generate on HHP? I don't have access to any amibo cards. I want to be able to at least unlock decorating my villagers' houses and worry I may not have enough clients.
Any villagers not on your island can appear on the main HHP island as a potential client. The only characters that require their amiibo to create them a house in HHP are the Sanrio villagers and any NPCs.

I have another question and this one may sound crazy. What will happened if you made every single villager (including sanrio villagers) their vacation home? Will it stop new visitors from appearing?

Any villagers not on your island can appear on the main HHP island as a potential client. The only characters that require their amiibo to create them a house in HHP are the Sanrio villagers and any NPCs.

That helps me so much thank you! Hopefully my cousin has some free time this week so I can redeem my eShop cards and download it. My excitement is through the roof right now. I'm probably restarting soon and will no longer have Bob or Audie next time on my main island, so HHP it is for them. It suits those two so perfectly!

I have another question and this one may sound crazy. What will happened if you made every single villager (including sanrio villagers) their vacation home? Will it stop new visitors from appearing?
While I don't have a definitive answer to everything that would happen in that scenario (though I definitely wish to find out, lol), when you think about it logically, since there is a finite number of villagers, once you've made them all houses then naturally nobody new could visit since there aren't any villagers left who would be considered "new". I would guess that the villagers who have houses would take their spots in the cafe/restaurant/front beach, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

While I don't have a definitive answer to everything that would happen in that scenario (though I definitely wish to find out, lol), when you think about it logically, since there is a finite number of villagers, once you've made them all houses then naturally nobody new could visit since there aren't any villagers left who would be considered "new". I would guess that the villagers who have houses would take their spots in the cafe/restaurant/front beach, but that's just pure speculation on my part.
Then I guess that means that the DLC is completed once you have gotten every single villager at the Resort. I haven't seen anyone done it, but it will interesting to see what happens.

Then I guess that means that the DLC is completed once you have gotten every single villager at the Resort. I haven't seen anyone done it, but it will interesting to see what happens.

there hasnt been time yet to finish the DLC in that sense 😅 its like around 400-450 villagers counting special villagers which we should not count now that i think about it since they do not appear in the beach so not sure if they count. But still! Its a nice goal 🥰☺️

there hasnt been time yet to finish the DLC in that sense 😅 its like around 400-450 villagers counting special villagers which we should not count now that i think about it since they do not appear in the beach so not sure if they count. But still! Its a nice goal 🥰
Well I am going to be crazy and say this. I've gotten over 400 villager photos so far and I am working on getting the newer ones next. Then of course I am going to try to get every single villager at the Resort. So far I have made over 70 homes and I am planning to keep it up. Yes call me insane but I am going to make it my goal to do that.

Back