• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Update v2.0 + HHP Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if they changed anything for Turkey Day?
Well, you get the actual recipes for the food you have to cook now. That's the main change and main reason to do it again. Guessing nothing else has changed, though.

I had Raymond assigned to work in my HHP (maid) cafe. Yesterday, Raymond was moving into my town and unpacking boxes in his house. When I went to the cafe, I had a random villager covering for him, because he was unable to come in to work.

Another week, another update with bug fixes, v2.0.3 is now live. At least it's nice that Nintendo has been getting these bugs fixed relatively quickly.

e: Patch notes:
Fixed Issues related to DLC

The following issues related to the paid DLC Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise have been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where items could be duplicated through a specific method.
  • Fixed an issue where the same character could appear twice on the island where Paradise Planning is located.

I wonder when they'll fix the issue of the simple wall shelf (and probably more items) not appearing in my HHP catalogue!

I'll mention that I did unlock the 2nd last title (Legendary Designer), which isn't bad considering it's been 3 weeks since HHP came out, lol, and aside from the standard Poki increase, new work clothes and increased approach rate, there's nothing else that was unlocked.

I know that it was posted somewhere here before, but I am having trouble finding it. What are the dates for the seasonal Kapp'n Islands, as far as fish/bugs are concerned?

Also, anything worth catching on the Summer Island, as far as unlocking recipes is concerned?

I know that it was posted somewhere here before, but I am having trouble finding it. What are the dates for the seasonal Kapp'n Islands, as far as fish/bugs are concerned?

Also, anything worth catching on the Summer Island, as far as unlocking recipes is concerned?
Looking at the datamined info, the dates for the special Kapp'n islands are:
  • Snowing - February 24th (Northern) / August 24th (Southern)
  • Cherry Blossom - April 10th (Northern) / October 10th (Southern)
  • Spring Bamboo - May 31st (Northern) / November 30th (Southern)
  • Star Fragments - June 15th (Northern) / December 15th (Southern)
  • Summer Shells - August 31st (Northern) / February 28th (Southern)
  • Maple Leaves - November 25th (Northern) / May 25th (Southern)
  • Mushrooms - November 30th (Northern) / May 31st (Southern)

As for what's available on the summer shell island for DIYs, obviously the bottle will contain a summer shell DIY, then the only fish available that you can't catch on your island right now that'll give DIYs is the squid (you get 2 recipes from it).

I'll mention that I did unlock the 2nd last title (Legendary Designer), which isn't bad considering it's been 3 weeks since HHP came out, lol, and aside from the standard Poki increase, new work clothes and increased approach rate, there's nothing else that was unlocked.
Do you know whats the last title is called?

I want to check one more thing. The fish and bugs that spawn are locked at the time that you arrive, right? I have heard several people mention this in streams, but I am not sure how accurate their info is.

I need Tiger Prawns, but I got here slightly too early...

I want to check one more thing. The fish and bugs that spawn are locked at the time that you arrive, right? I have heard several people mention this in streams, but I am not sure how accurate their info is.

I need Tiger Prawns, but I got here slightly too early...
Yes, it's similar to the NMT islands where your bug/fish spawns are time locked to the time you first arrived on the island.

What are your stats?

I have been playing daily since the expansion launched, have a full showroom, and have 90 total builds, but I have not gotten the upgrade yet...

What are your stats?

I have been playing daily since the expansion launched, have a full showroom, and have 90 total builds, but I have not gotten the upgrade yet...
I've been using this calculator to keep track of my stats that count towards the rank level. The current values I have for it are:
VeHmJPT.png

I've taken the 2nd bullet point to represent the # of homes I've made (so roommates would still count as 1 home). May be wrong, but it is easier to work with a "pessimistic" view of my rank level. The specific values for how these affect your rank can be found in this section of the datamined info.
I've focused heavily on adding to my roommate count the past few days, since that's a rather easy-ish one to do to add towards my rank level, though even then I've still focused on making sure my roommates share the same or a similar theme. That way the home makes more sense for the both of them, lol. The wallpaper/flooring one is more tedious to do due to having to spend 20 minutes "actively" doing it (which can be just rotating the camera for 20 minutes if you really wanted, lol), but I know I'll need to start working that one up in order to get the final title sooner.

Has this been mentioned before? I just learned about this.

If you have the HHP DLC and unlocked the ability to renovate villager homes, you can talk to Isabelle and complain about "the way your villager home looks" and reset it to their original home interior layout. This also works with starter villager homes so you can get their official house interiors immediately, without the hassle of having to re-invite/re-adopt them.

In HHP, what are you guys doing for vacation home themes for special NPCs like Isabelle, Tom Nook, etc? I feel so lost when there isn't anything given for the prompt. The only ones I felt confident about were CJ/Flick because their hobbies are obvious.

In HHP, what are you guys doing for vacation home themes for special NPCs like Isabelle, Tom Nook, etc? I feel so lost when there isn't anything given for the prompt. The only ones I felt confident about were CJ/Flick because their hobbies are obvious.
I just made a fancy bathroom for kapp'n. when it was finished, his entire family came to see it. It was really cute. Reseti just got an underground living room. The Able sisters got cute bedrooms that matched each character.

Does anyone know if there are more polishing effects that will be unlocked at some point in HHP?

I'm asking because I saw someone with a custom polishing effect and I'm wondering how they did it?

nevermind, I figured it out 😅

Last edited:
Back