New Leaf Token
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Lobo
Flea
May Birthstone (Emerald)
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
So i am trying to get Jeremiah to move out... i am trying to be all creepy, stalky and nice to him. does anything else work?

Last edited:
Yeah there is another way. First of all pick a villager in your town.

You need to talk to the villager you have chosen once a day. Continuously talk to that villager until they tell you they need space and walk around with the thinking emoji thing.

They'll be a day where they will mention that a villager wants to move out. If that villager is say Jeremiah, see him and he'll probably ping you to move out. If there is no ping, then skip a few hours till they ping. They'll tell you they want to move out and so there you have it!

You can do this with all villagers just if you want to keep them, then just say no to them moving out.

Hope this helped!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe this will explain it better than me

You need to talk to the villager you have chosen once a day. Continuously talk to that villager until they tell you they need space and walk around with the thinking emoji thing.

They'll be a day where they will mention that a villager wants to move out. If that villager is say Jeremiah, see him and he'll probably ping you to move out. If there is no ping, then skip a few hours till they ping. They'll tell you they want to move out and so there you have it!

You can do this with all villagers just if you want to keep them, then just say no to them moving out.

Hope this helped!

I also hit them with my net a lot until they get mad, and when they cool off do it again, and never complete tasks if they ask me for them (like "Get me {fish}!").

Is Jeremiah your last villager to move in or tenth villager? If so it's nearly impossible to get them out without another villager moving out before them. I'm having that issue getting my tenth and last to move out and I'm at a point where I have to give up a villager I liked just to get rid of the one I hate.

Hope this helped!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe this will explain it better than me

This is what i go by all the time but it means absolutely nothing until you are friends with them. Best way to tell is megaphone, all their name if they wave you are friend if they look around for you you aren't.

I also hit them with my net a lot until they get mad, and when they cool off do it again, and never complete tasks if they ask me for them (like "Get me {fish}!").

That usually makes them stay longer. The goal is to become friends with them. Haven't you noticed that the villagers you're friendly with always ask to leave?

I've been ignoring two of my villagers I want to leave. I'm guessing this won't help the moving out process since I've not even introduced myself?

Played every single day since launch (up until a few days ago) and Namstar is right. Someone else has to move if Jerimiah was the last villager to move in.

I once waited 8 months for Tank to move... then I let Stitches move out and Tank followed a week or two later.

But if Jeremiah wasn't your last villager to move in I don't know what to tell ya. I think treating them no different than your other villagers is your best bet. I did successfully ignore Rocket out of my town though. It took a couple cycles of villagers moving in and out but she was gone within a month or two.

Last edited:
I've been cycling my town to get all my dream villagers (which I have now), and there are a few things I've noticed:

-If I don't acknowledge a new villager when they move it, the longer it takes for them to move out. So if someone you don't want to keep moves in, you should still greet them as the mayor. If you do not do this they don't ping you that they're moving out. (At least they never pinged me and I found out through Isabelle).

-Hitting them with the net does NOT work. Trust me.

-Don't ignore the villagers you want to move out!! I did this for almost 4-5 in-game months to a couple of my villagers but they were the only ones that DIDN'T ping me to move out.

-The last villager IS the hardest to move out, but it's not impossible! The way I did it took quite a while though, you just need to keep convincing everyone to stay in your town until some in-game time has passed (Don't ignore them!!) and they ping you. It will take time!

-If you don't talk to a villager for some time they won't ping you! Even if you introduced yourself when they moved in. What you do is you talk to them & then they will say something about not seeing you for weeks or months. If this happens & none of your other villagers have pinged you just TT a few hours and they most likely will ping you! (Or it's another villager you've been ignoring).

I'm not saying these are all for sure but I've been cycling my town for a while and these are just some things I've noticed :)
I changed my techniques on kicking people out and found just talking to everyone and doing chores once in a while helps move everything along a lot faster than just TTing like crazy.

Good luck with Jeremiah!

fyi! don't move out a villager you want to keep just to move out the one you don't want to keep! it's not worth it because you have to cycle about 16 or more times to get them back! & they end up forgetting the time they had before when they were in your town. (this is something i've read but i believe it is true since i see a lot of people counting cycles til they get a dream villager back in town

Last edited:
Back