• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Town Names. What Did You Name Your Town and Why?

Do you regret what you named your town?

• Yeah, I wish I would've chose something else/I don't like it anymore.

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Sometimes, but I can't change it now so it doesn't matter.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • No, I like what I chose.

Votes: 92 76.0%

• Total voters

Moon

Bells
I'm just curious to see where you guys got your town names from, or if you created a word yourself. Why did you chose the town name that you did? Do you regret it?

I regret it so much I don't want to share it

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's nothing rude or dirty if you're curious ._.

My town name is Blomst, which is the Norwegian word for flower :) A bit original and fun, I think

I named my town LakeMist cause I needed a cool and awesome town name for NL. I really like the name so no changing for me. :)

Mine is called Moonbow.

I originally wanted to name it something that was fun and cheery like Rainbow or Sunshine, however I feel like that was a little too cutesey.

So I took the name word 'Rainbow' and changed the 'Rain' to 'Moon', thus Moonbow. Definitely no regrets on my end. :)

Emble.

Because my mum came up with it LOL. I think it sounds nice, and plus it's basically the word "Emblem" but that's an actual thing, so I would rather have it sound like a name and not a real word, and thus I chose Emble.

Hanamura = I made it up on the fly. I just strung an AC-relevant word (hana = flower) together with a location suffix (-mura = village) while on the 'enter town name' screen rather than putting too much thought into it.

Konohana = it's the name of one of the towns in Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns.

I'm happy with both names.

Last edited:
I'm terrible at picking names for things so I let my weed-smoking boyfriend and his brother name it. Thus, Huffton was born. I'm okay with it.

Norshire, since norfolk means a lot to me. I changed it up a bit to make it unique and I don't regret it.

Last edited:
I named my town after the same generic name I'd give it when I was testing it back at NOA last year. I was in autopilot mode and I didn't realize until it was too late and Mitzi was auto-populated and I didn't dare delete and start over.

I named my town Sol Ciel, from the Ar Tonelico games, i sorta wish I named it "Nowhere" or "Somewhere" but oh well, Sol Ciel's pretty.

I named mine Velfa after my least favorite map in a game. No regrets though

i named my town clom. it's a planet from doctor who. i wanted raxacoricofallapatorius, but obviously that's way too long.

I named my town Topica because I remembered an episode of Foster's Home for Imaginary where Bloo said " it's hot in Topica, pick my toe it's hot!" x]

I named my main town Hoenn after the region in Pokemon. I know it's not very original but I like it - I like the sound of it and reminds me of Pokemon, which means a lot to me :)
My second town is called Rivermay - I just bunged 2 words together to make something pretty, I like it ^.^

Astoria. It's the name of a small city (I'd call it a town) in Oregon located where the Columbia River empties into the Pacific Ocean. The name sounds cozy to me, and it's fitting since all the town maps have coastlines and a river emptying into the ocean.

Back