• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Town names and the meaning behind the name

My town name is Magica and it means "two cute lesbians who will break your heart so bad and make you cry". Just kidding, there's no meaning behind it. I got the idea from Puella Magi Madoka Magica and went with it.

Gensokyo means "Land of Illusions."
It's the setting for the Touhou Project games.

Main town is Cosmos because I love space (and it's also the name of one of my favourite songs) and I couldn't really think of a better name. I love it, but the only part about it I don't like is that cosmos is also the flower. I hate those flowers lol.

My second town is Jupiter because again I love space, and that's my favourite planet. Plus, there are the four Galilean moons and I'm naming my four villagers after them, with Ganymede as my mayor because that's the biggest moon.

dEaD eNd is representing my horror themed town. It's called that because the whole town is a maze which the dreamer must escape from and follow the story. An evil witch/doll cursed the town, and the people living there turned to animals.
OMG now I need to see your dream address haha. XD

Rosewood! I wanted a simple town with a quaint feeling. It's named due to the fact that the majority of flowers there are (will be) roses. c:

I named my town Styria, after a city in the universe of Joe Abercrombie's books, because he's my favorite author and his books are my favorite. >_>

First town: Novac, a small town in the Mojave Wasteland, aka Fallout: New Vegas.
Current town: Freeside, another town in the Mojave Wasteland that is also home of The Strip. My mayor's also dressed up as Benny.

My towns name is Aperture.

As my friends know I love portal and I am hosting a portal mafia game in a few weeks (shameless self promotion) anyway, it my favourite game and I could play it over and over without any boredom!

Aperture science, we do what we must.. Because... We can...

I called my town Arcadia, because of my favourite band Marianas Trench. Arcadia is one of my favourite songs. This is also a city in my favourite game Bioshock called arcadia.

My second town is called Lofty because I leave in Adelaide, Australia. I live just below the foothills that leads to Mt. Lofty. You can see all of Adelaide from Mt. Lofty. I want to reset my town for a better map but it will be forest/hill/nature theme ^^

I called my town Blossom because I'm wholly unoriginal and it was late and night and I was excited to play and wanted to get it over with.

I called my cycle town something even more embarrassing - Jupiter. I thought it would be no big deal because I'd eventually reset it so I just went with the first thing that came to mind, but the map is literally the perfect map and I can't bring myself to delete it now. :(

My town's name is Biscotti :---D It's a place in my sister's favorite anime and I named my town after it to tease her....I actually like the name a lot because it's cute >w<

My Main Town is Spartan (with a star at the end)

I chose that because where I live, Spartan is a team. "MSU" Well Sorta. -- I chose the star because i had another space to fill lol

My Cycle town is Crystal... I chose that because someone sold me Stitches for a low price and her town was Crystal.

Pretty weird

Mine is Celestia.. I wanted to name it Celestica after a song I really like but there wasn't any space >_<

Back