Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

Welp, I guess today I learned that @Katzenjammer learned from @Uffe that the Gullivarrr cannon fires cannon balls. LOL šŸ’€

(But seriously... I didnā€™t know this. What the heck.)
Well, cannon balls don't fire out, but the cannon does fire off, and sparks show up better in a dark room.

Hehe, I found that out when I was moving it.
I clicked it and shot myself in the face. ^_^

Rest in peace. šŸ˜‚

I think trying to fire it was the first thing I did when mine came in the mail, I definitely stood on the safe side though. Would not have expected the front to work, that's funny!

When wasps are chasing you, they can't go under arches. They have to go around.
It turns out I was wrong about this. Some wasps were chasing me and I tested it again, and they can go through the arch. I guess the first time something about the surrounding area made the wasps have to go around.

that watering a black rose with a gold watering can doesn't turn the rose gold. I've been watering the same black rose for a few days now with no luck and now I know why šŸ˜… today I cleared the area around it so I'm hoping to get a gold rose one of these days!

Today I learned that ordering cataloged posters used to be a thing. I really didn't know this and I only ever ordered the ones I had unlocked from Harvey. Also since I rarely play with other people, I didn't even have other posters. This feature is now gone and I can understand why people are upset.

TIL you can actually get a less-than-perfect score from Label, even using the clothing she gives you. I'd never seen this dialogue and it was funny
looks like you still get the tailors ticket though, so

This is the dialogue I see every time because I am too lazy to change my entire outfit, I just put on whatever she gives me and talk to her again and that's good enough to unlock her items! I think it gets you one less ticket though.

Another funny thing is that she asks you to wear at least a top and some pants if you're missing them. I think that's fair. :LOL:

Today I learned that you can move your mailbox. I must have spent hours trying to arrange my front garden around the mailbox! :cry:

Today I learned that if you already have the spooky diy, the crafting villager will give you pumpkins instead, no duplicate diys! Just like Celeste I guess...

Today I learned that if you are visiting an island and already have the spooky DIY that the villager is crafting, they will give you a candy instead and remind you to save the candy for October 31st. :)

Yesterday I learned if you put a candy down on the ground it will almost instantly get ants (but be fine if you pick it up). I have a real life ant phobia/ issue, so it was a very unpleasant surprise! The ants are so gross and weirdly horrifying in the game (though that might just be me). Ew. [shudder reaction]

Yesterday I learned if you put a candy down on the ground it will almost instantly get ants (but be fine if you pick it up). I have a real life ant phobia/ issue, so it was a very unpleasant surprise! The ants are so gross and weirdly horrifying in the game (though that might just be me). Ew. [shudder reaction]
IMG_20201002_082901.jpg

I didnā€™t know that. I still need an ant so that is helpful :). Ugh though (I hate bugs šŸ¤¢). I had dropped candy down with my alt character for my main character and my main character when I needed an empty inventory before going to Pandaā€™s island and i didnā€™t think to look at the ground again. oof lol

Back