• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Timmy won't ask for building materials

GracesDad

Bells
My daughter is stuck and very upset, could someone help please?
She has done everything required, we think, to build Nook's Cranny:
1 Built a House
2 Talked to Timmy / Tommy and has been asked to gather materials
3 Gathered 30 each of Iron Nuggets, Wood, Softwood and Hardwood

However, when talking to Timmy / Tommy, neither ask for the building materials.

She doesn't want to restart the game though as she has made lots of progress, but she can't really progress further without nooks cranny.

Is there something else she should be doing, a fix or is this just a bug and we wait (im)patiently for an update?

Thanks everyone

Is she the main island owner? Whoever started the game has to be the one to build the shop

It has to be the main user aka the Resident Represenative must build the shop and place it down. Regular Residents cannot do that.

Hi. Many thanks. How can she check if she is playing as the Resident Representative please? She can’t remember, all a bit of a blur I expect!

Hi. Many thanks. How can she check if she is playing as the Resident Representative please? She can’t remember, all a bit of a blur I expect!
Check the Passport and it will give you a hint on who or who is the "Resident" or "Resident Representative". To do this tell her to open up her Nookphone and there is an app that shows the passport.

Many thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it just has her name, date of birth, Aloha and that she likes Squishmallows. How cryptic a hint am I looking for? :)
If being the Resident Representative is so crucial, I am assuming there is some way to confirm this?
Assuming that she is the Resident Representative what else could be the issue please?

It really stunds like she is not. Log into other charachters on the Island and check if they can do it... 😀

330802670_692968735890665_778312662468399677_n.jpg
330536046_510714667844224_3418189521115359811_n.jpg

If the character your daughter is using is the Resident Rep,her Passport will look like the one on the left,with "Resident Rep." stamped below the photo otherwise,it will look like the one on the right(Otto is the second character on my island).

Last edited:
My daughter is stuck and very upset, could someone help please?
She has done everything required, we think, to build Nook's Cranny:
1 Built a House
2 Talked to Timmy / Tommy and has been asked to gather materials
3 Gathered 30 each of Iron Nuggets, Wood, Softwood and Hardwood

However, when talking to Timmy / Tommy, neither ask for the building materials.

She doesn't want to restart the game though as she has made lots of progress, but she can't really progress further without nooks cranny.

Is there something else she should be doing, a fix or is this just a bug and we wait (im)patiently for an update?

Thanks everyone
Two reasons I can think of: It needs to be collected all at once, or: It has to be the Island Rep to do it all. However you can have people let you collect the matierials.

Ah, super. Thanks very much.
She does not have the Resident Representative stamp as above.
Weirdly, however, there are no other characters on the island.
Which means, I think, that she has deleted the Resident Rep and the island should not exist?
Getting a little bit like the TV series Lost here

Any alternative to wiping the game and starting from scratch please?

Which means, I think, that she has deleted the Resident Rep and the island should not exist?

You can delete the game off the switch then reinstall the game to reset. As long as you play on a Nintendo Switch of any kind!

There is one more thing:

330974947_5651063578325067_6085473470821374374_n.jpg

As far as I know,you can't delete the Resident Rep without deleting the entire island.Every character on an island has their own player profile.The one on the left is for my Resident Rep and the one on the right is for my second character.When you start your daughter's game,do you see more than one player profile icon?The Resident Rep's icon should be the first one on the left.

Yeah it's not possible to delete the representative. Deleting the representative is the same as deleting the entire game. You can delete an alt villager and or the Switch profile linked to said alt, but you cannot delete the rep.

Show us a picture of your island's map with all the animal villagers/human villagers.

Check the island map for any other profile

Ok. So there were a few people on the island map, but only one at game start. She selected 'add a new character' and it gave her the option to reload one of the others she had previously deleted. She re-upped the Res Rep and all is golden, she was literally bouncing around like Tigger. She asked me to pass on her thanks and said "she would be eternally grateful". Thanks everyone, we have a very happy camper!

Back