• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Things You Miss from Gamecube..

I was barely 4 or 5 playing it but I definitely had fun running around. Fond memories with GC and City Folk. They were both my cousins games so I could only play once a month (until the summer when I lived there.) New Leaf is my first game that is my own. But what I miss most is definitely the personalities. Looking back I would get really mad at villagers because cranky and snootys were actually cranky and snooty. Now the only way you can tell the difference between each villager is their voice pitch and repeated sentences.

Definitely miss the villager personalities. Snooties were so... snooty and Crankies were so.... cranky. I loved it.

I miss the music a lot.. i think the thing I hate the most is how they made the snooty/crankys soft as crud just because they made kids cry. They were all so funny when they were mean to you too. XD I made it a hobby get them all mad.

I MISS BEA TOO! She was my bestie. T_T
I loved all the festivals in GC, especially the morning aerobics.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I miss the balls around town too!

I absolutely miss howuch rude and angrier villagers were. It made it seem harder to become true friends.

I miss the acre system, and that cute little plazaish thing where the four houses where and you had to pick one. Also the statues when you paid off your house. I never got one but my sister did and they're pretty cool.

I also miss the more arrogant snooty and cranky villagers!
I also miss the journal and the NES games you could unlock, but I don't really think there's a place for them anymore to be honest.

Oh, and Ursala. Damn it, why couldn't she have been in NL? She's in HHD!

Last edited:
I miss the little balls you could kick around. Those were so much fun and villagers would even ask for you to get them one. Speaking of which, I miss the fact that you could directly ask the villagers if they want help. And the help wasn't just catching a fish/bug or getting furniture for them; it was delivering/retrieving something or planting flowers around their house.

I miss the tickets Nook would give out when you bought furniture/clothes and you would have a chance at winning that lottery thing at the end of the month.

I also miss washing Gracie's car.

gracie tho.jpg

I miss when villagers would walk away from most of your conversations with them with some sort of emotion.

I miss when cranky villagers were actually cranky and when snooty villagers were actually snooty.

I miss when the lazy villagers were like lazy teenagers, not like little kids that are full of energy.

I miss having a villager at the island.

I miss the dump, mainly because I could pick up everything from there and sell it to Nook lol.

I miss signposts being something you can buy from Nook and move around instead of being a Public Works Project.

I miss the fountain.

Last edited:
I absolutely miss howuch rude and angrier villagers were. It made it seem harder to become true friends.

this, i still have rasher the cranky pig in my gamecube town and oh my god is he rude as ever. but he gets this soft spot every now and again. i loved that. the villagers are so much more aggressive and you can tell they're really watered down in new leaf. :<

i hope for the next game they bring back the harsh personalities and a lot more villagers from the old games.
like aziz the jock lion. my goodness his house was by favorite thing in the game cube version. 7 year old me like sobbed when he moved away.

Back