• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Things You Miss from Gamecube..

I can't believe I forgot about the Sports Fair! That was my favourite thing about the entire game.
If they bring back that and the aerobics, the next game will be perfect.

Oh geez where do I even begin? I miss the hats, Animals coming back to visit you, FLOWERS YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO FREAKING WATER ALL THE TIME, The cute music (My favorite was the one that had a random meowing noise to it), washing Gracie's car, Delivery chores in which you didn't have to go back to the person who gave it to you, Wisp, Rare items actually being rare items and something that can't be bought at the store, Gah I miss everything ;w;.

I miss the size of the towns and the NES games. It would be cool if you could play those games with visitors. :)

Am I the only one that misses the diaries?

When I was a kid I used those all the time to keep track of everything that was going on and I wrote about what I did that in day (other than daily activities).

Yes!!! I forgot about that!

Things I miss:
* The acre system
* The little house on the Island to decorate. The New Leaf island is so small & empty.
* Having a special island villager.
* The morning olympics
* The garbage dump
* Kicking balls around
* The music
* Nes games! I tried to get all of them. Sometimes I didn't even want to play AC but I'd load up for the NES emulator

I seriously miss being able to have 2 towns without buying another copy of the game!
All you needed was a new memory card and they were pretty cheap

Last edited:
I miss
-simplicity of just being a villager
-not having social media involved to influence the way you play the game
-having the option to ask a villager if they have any errands they need you to run
-all of the villagers that didn't make it into the newer games
-how everything you needed was in your town (except examining fossils). It makes it feel very home-y :)
-the music
-no desertification

Last edited:
The novelty of special islanders on a private island (GC)> A public island (NL)

The thing that I miss most from the GameCube Animal Crossing, are all of the NES games. You can get like ten games. It is awesome.

I miss a lot of the events they had in Animal Crossing, like the Sports Fair, for example. I loved watching my villagers run around the fountain during the relay race and sometimes they'd trip. :')

I miss practically everything except for the ugly hat that you had to wear...I miss that Able's was located in an F acre, the lake had a dock and still needs a dock -_- giant catfish, Wisp oh how I miss Wisp, I really miss aerobics with Copper, the gigantic fish glitch on the way to the island, Boots he was awesome. It was soooo fun there was so much to do... ;_; why did you have to change so much?

Really weird to hear people say they were 1 when the GameCube version came out ! I was 16, I remember getting the U.S. version as it came out a couple of years before the UK version if I remember correctly and having to use a Freeloader disc to play the U.S. game on my UK console......core, that brings back memories. NES games are a huge miss for me, would be so easy to include them in the 3DS games, I think I'd even probably pay to have them added as DLC

Music, NES games, and overall suitedness to the console despite the nature of Animal Crossing.
Animal Crossing isn't a binge game, and I think that's why the console works for it for me, idk
I enjoyed the full experience more through Gamecube.

Really weird to hear people say they were 1 when the GameCube version came out ! I was 16, I remember getting the U.S. version as it came out a couple of years before the UK version if I remember correctly and having to use a Freeloader disc to play the U.S. game on my UK console......core, that brings back memories. NES games are a huge miss for me, would be so easy to include them in the 3DS games, I think I'd even probably pay to have them added as DLC

I was -3 or -2 when it came out. lol

I want to see teh GameCube version of Animal Crossing. It looks really fun. :3 I'll be browsing this thread for thw things in it.

Back