• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Therapy?

Due to depression, I've been in and out of therapy since I was 13. Now, at 23, I've started seeing a counselor again. My depression and anxiety has gotten to the point that I can't even keep a job.

If you're willing to both talk and listen, therapy can be so helpful and healing. If you're not willing to talk about yourself and hear honest truths and advice, then it will be a waste of time. I learned this the hard way as a teenager. It's not always going to be fun, but it will totally be worth it in the end. Just make sure you like and trust your therapist. If you don't, then find a new one. This website lets you search based on who you want to see, where, why, and which medical coverage they'll take (if you live in the USA)

https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/

My first therapist was when I was 6 or 7. last therapist I had was around 2 years ago. I think within that span I've only had one good therapist, and my parents made me stop seeing him. All the others were prying jerks imo, and would just leave me feeling upset or that no progress had been made. The one I had 2 years ago said something like "why are you mad?" after I answered "I don't know" to something he asked. It was out of line to me, because I didn't even say that I was angry, and didn't use a particularly curt voice (though I was annoyed), so it felt really rude. It almost reminded me of online trolls, even though I know it wasn't meant that way. U MAD BRO?
hey, any psychiatrists out there, or people wanting to be psychiatrists in the future... maybe try to relate with your patients and speak to them in a more friendly and down-to-earth manner, before probing them with nonstop questions every session...

I've been seeing a therapist since I was a kid. I was very introverted and always needed help with socializing. Therapy as a child was normal for me, they become someone really special, I still have my child therapists picture with me. As a teenager I was in therapy and now as an adult I am back seeing a therapist. I've always struggled with panic attacks, depression, and anxiety disorder. Not always, but when a lot of stressful things happen I tend to end up needing therapy to get help with a lot of the coping and letting steam off that goes along with anxiety disorder. It really helps to have an outsider look at the situation and give you advice from the standpoint of someone else. You don't have to filter what you say or be afraid of being judged, that's always what helps.

Back