• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

The Resetting Thread

I have finally made the decision to restart and I'm kind of excited for a fresh start! I have taken almost all of my valueable items to the island of a friend and only need to bring a bit more before I can reset.

Some things I'm not sure about. For example where I want the river mouths to be and what to do with my name. I'm thinking of changing Yuka to "Yuka Bay" but I really don't know if I should.

I have finally made the decision to restart and I'm kind of excited for a fresh start! I have taken almost all of my valueable items to the island of a friend and only need to bring a bit more before I can reset.

Some things I'm not sure about. For example where I want the river mouths to be and what to do with my name. I'm thinking of changing Yuka to "Yuka Bay" but I really don't know if I should.

"Welcome to Yuka Bay Airport" vs "Welcome to Yuka Airport"
Either is fine. It's annoying that it doesn't give you an option for a suffix until the Japanese version. Hopefully you find an island map you like quickly!

Haha, I joined the resetting hell. I want to have two southern river exits, the path from the airport going exactly in the middle of the RS, a blue airport and preferably peach, cherry or apples as native fruit. Wish me luck, it's hell.

Decided that I will reset my island! Going to work on gathering up the items I want to keep after work this weekend and drop them off at my sisters town Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to find a good map quickly like I did the first time!!!!

I need something to calm me down after exam nerves, so I think itll be good for me to reset and take things slowly 😅

Does anyone have tips for resetting?

Are there other things besides RS, river mouths and airport colour to look out for?

Does anyone have tips for resetting?

Are there other things besides RS, river mouths and airport colour to look out for?

Placement of secret beach, peninsula location and size, where the airport and the residental service is, the size and the number of the rocks. Placement of the airport. Secret beaches also have different sizes.

Placement of secret beach, peninsula location and size, where the airport and the residental service is, the size and the number of the rocks. Placement of the airport. Secret beaches also have different sizes.

Thanks! It finally happened btw. I deleted my save data.

If you play every day, and complete every task that Nook throws your way, it should take you 14 days to get KK to play in your new town, and unlock terraforming.

I’m feeling really sad now because I passed on a perfect island just because it had apples... It had everything I wanted: RS far away, airport in the middle, yellow colour...

I immediately felt regret when I passed on it and now I won’t even mind apples. It may sound weird but I’m feeling a bit down because of my stupidness... Now it will take me a very long time probably until I find an island like that again.. Sorry just needed to rant for a moment.

I’m feeling really sad now because I passed on a perfect island just because it had apples... It had everything I wanted: RS far away, airport in the middle, yellow colour...

I immediately felt regret when I passed on it and now I won’t even mind apples. It may sound weird but I’m feeling a bit down because of my stupidness... Now it will take me a very long time probably until I find an island like that again.. Sorry just needed to rant for a moment.

Aww, I know the feeling but try to just shake it off. That is one of the hardest parts of trying to get an island with specific qualities. The anxiety in not knowing if you should settle or keep looking for something even better. Hang in there, keep at it, and I'm sure you will find what you're looking for. Good luck! 😊 🍀

I decided to reset my island and finally did it at the end of june. In july I had an exam so I spent over half month studying so I didn't have time for resetting for the perfect map. I've been doing it for a few days and every time I find the perfect map it always has oranges. I wonder if the last question has an effect on the fruit you get? I really want that map but hate oranges :(

Exactly same issue here... the perfect map layouy always has fruit I don’t like (I really don’t want pears) or an airport colour I don’t like. So frustrating but we’ve got to be patient and take our time I guess.

I finally got the map I wanted! Good layout and yellow airport + apples (cherries wouldve even been better but oh well). I don’t really like my starter villagers though but that’s more of a minor issue.

I’m really happy I can start fresh now!

I decided to reset my island and finally did it at the end of june. In july I had an exam so I spent over half month studying so I didn't have time for resetting for the perfect map. I've been doing it for a few days and every time I find the perfect map it always has oranges. I wonder if the last question has an effect on the fruit you get? I really want that map but hate oranges :(

Everyone says the last question doesn't have any effect. When I was trying for my perfect island I would switch answers if I felt like I kept getting similar things. It was probably all in my head, but it at least helped me to keep searching without totally losing my mind in the process! 😅 Keep at it and good luck! 🍀

I finally got the map I wanted! Good layout and yellow airport + apples (cherries wouldve even been better but oh well). I don’t really like my starter villagers though but that’s more of a minor issue.

I’m really happy I can start fresh now!

Yay, I'm so happy for you! 🥳

My starter villagers aren't great either, but I don't keep starters anyway due to their houses not looking how they are supposed to.

I just reset my island without playing after a few months. I didn't even visit my town to say goodbye or transfer my items, I just reset. And boy does it feel amazing and refreshing! It feels like how I felt when I first got the game! Off to a brand new fresh town from scratch 😁

I'm resetting because I didn't like my island name, nor my character name. terraforming got away from me. And I am setting some new goals for this new save.

Hopefully this will be the last time I reset. This is only the 3rd time I reset, which isn't a lot considering who I am.

Also when I reset I said I wasn't goijg to be stuck in a reset loop for yellow airport and peaches, even though I really like those two thing.

First reset, found map I liked and got........a yellow airport and peaches. -_-

I got Rod and Shari as starters. They are okay I guess.

Last edited:
Weird situation right now... my Switch Lite stopped working just after being able to back up island, so I now own a regular Switch. In the process of getting my world restored (nintendo have found the backup but I'm waiting for them to send me an email soon as there's an update in the situation) and I'm really impatient and I miss AC and I'm now debating whether it's worth it to use this as an opportunity to try something new or not, but worried if I start a new world it could impact my old world being successfully backed up!

Anyway I made a list:

Why I love current acnh town

Airport close to in line with RS
Airport yellow
Medium fruit
River exits good
Nice shaped jutting out bit of land
Nice rocks and north rock peninsulas
Secret beach not centred
Sentimental value

What’s wrong with it?

Airport not exactly in line but works well
Fruit could be better
Have to wait but will likely take longer to get past new town ‘tutorial’ stage
Bored-ish?

Ugh I don't know... I really just don't think I want to do anything that might jeopardise my original town, didn't even need to reset and felt so lucky first time. And could it really affect getting my original town back, if I don't enable backups that could overwrite the original?? I'm so impatient and intrigued!! Hahaha help me

i've just reset my island and it was SO worth it! I am so happy with the outcome! <3 I can now make my island how I want to without being like all sentimental over the placements!!

You could've just replaced the fruit.
It all looks bad to me apart from peaches, yet my fruit is cherries.

I replaced them with peaches because two days looking for a map was absurd enough.

Weird situation right now... my Switch Lite stopped working just after being able to back up island, so I now own a regular Switch. In the process of getting my world restored (nintendo have found the backup but I'm waiting for them to send me an email soon as there's an update in the situation) and I'm really impatient and I miss AC and I'm now debating whether it's worth it to use this as an opportunity to try something new or not, but worried if I start a new world it could impact my old world being successfully backed up!

Anyway I made a list:

Why I love current acnh town

Airport close to in line with RS
Airport yellow
Medium fruit
River exits good
Nice shaped jutting out bit of land
Nice rocks and north rock peninsulas
Secret beach not centred
Sentimental value

What’s wrong with it?

Airport not exactly in line but works well
Fruit could be better
Have to wait but will likely take longer to get past new town ‘tutorial’ stage
Bored-ish?

Ugh I don't know... I really just don't think I want to do anything that might jeopardise my original town, didn't even need to reset and felt so lucky first time. And could it really affect getting my original town back, if I don't enable backups that could overwrite the original?? I'm so impatient and intrigued!! Hahaha help me

I think in your situation I wouldn't restart, not yet anyway. You might not be able to access your old island if you make a new one. Also, you do have a lot of positives listed for your island. In most situations I've seen where people restart, the negatives in their current island outweigh the positives quite a lot. That or they just want to start fresh!

I would wait to get your backup back, because I don't think you want to make such a big decision when impatience might the large contributing factor in your desire to restart. If you're still thinking about restarting when you get your island back, then go for it! 😊

Back