• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The improvement of the own character and customization

I wonder if there even is a gender selection at all anymore? At this point it seems like all it would do is change which pronouns the villagers called you, and why bother with that when singular they exists?

I really doubt they would remove PC gender options entirely. There has been different dialogue depending on their gender in previous games aside from the pronoun differences and while it's possible they'll do away with that, it seems like a weird place to remove customization.

Last edited:
I really doubt they would remove PC gender options entirely. There has been different dialogue depending on their gender in previous games aside from the pronoun differences and while it's possible they'll do away with that, it seems like a weird place to remove customization.

It would be nice to be able to choose between she, he and they.

I also love how the clothes are more detailed; with the shape, collars, sleeve cuffs, suspenders, sneakers looking like actual sneakers, etc.
So far, the clothing I've seen on the villagers are really cute!

I love that you can change your character however from the jump, no matter the gender for eyes and hair. Plus I'm a fan of the shine in the hair, and how it moves. The eyes having more depth also looks nice.

Back