• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Gaming Grove - Closed!

Splatoon 2's Saturday, August 21st 10:00AM FT session will be starting shortly!

We will be going through different ranked and turf war maps in a private battle for roughly 1-2 hours based on participation. Please feel free to suggest game modes and preferences on the channel #gaming-grove-1 on discord!

dizzy_bone / SW-1196-0508-9312 / IGN: dzbn

PB password
: 1999
This session has now ended! See you in the next one! 🐙 You may submit your participation screenshots for the week after participating in two Gaming Grove sections!

r a t
digimon
Venn
IKI
Mr_Keroppi
Yanrima~
Aus
Holla
Fye

Can we add sessions if we've already posted? I only put the two for this week, not the next week...oops.

Oh- and if we can add them, do we edit original post or just do a second post for the extra sessions?

I had a quick clarifying question to ask: do you have to watch/participate in two games per round (so total 4 games over 2 rounds) for the tickets? or just two games, one game per round.

Can we add sessions if we've already posted? I only put the two for this week, not the next week...oops.

Oh- and if we can add them, do we edit original post or just do a second post for the extra sessions?
It is easier for us if you make new posts rather than editing them; we typically only work forwards through threads rather than backwards over content we have already seen. This is actually why so many of our events have a no editing rule: we won't see changes.

I had a quick clarifying question to ask: do you have to watch/participate in two games per round (so total 4 games over 2 rounds) for the tickets? or just two games, one game per round.
Two per week/round.

TBT: Mr.Fox
IGN: Mr.Fox
FC: I can update this later...but I'm pretty sure I already have mar and dizzy added.

Sessions: Saturday Aug. 27th, Splatoon 3 Splatfest Demo and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Adding sessions for round 2-

TBT: BetsySundrop
IGN: Betsy
Code: SW - 2092-0318-7430

Sessions:
Sunday, August 28 @8pm, MK8D
Saturday, September 3 @1pm, MK8D

TBT username: Hat'
In-game name: Javotte
Switch code: 8218-3537-3016

Session(s):
Splatoon 2Monday, August 22nd 2022 @ 7:30 PM FT
Splatoon 2 Wednesday, August 24th 2022 @ 8:00 PM FT
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe📹 Sunday, August 28th 2022 @ 8:00 PM FT

TBT username: Hanami
In-game name: Renee
Switch code: SW-2003-0125-4259

Session(s):
Mario Party Superstars📹 Sunday, August 21st 2022 @ 7:30 PM FTMistreil
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe📹 Thursday, August 25th 2022 @ 9:00 PM FTMistreil

This reminds me of TBTWC last year, so I'm excited for this!

TBT username: DaisyFan
In-game name: Caraloni
Switch code: 3279-2801-3998

Session(s):
Splatoon 2: Wednesday, August 24th 2022 @ 8:00 PM FT and Thursday, August 25th 2022 @ 5:00 PM FT

Splatoon 3 Splatfest Demo: Saturday, August 27th 2022 @ 12:00 PM FT

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Sunday, August 28th 2022 @ 8:00 PM

The Mario Party Superstars session will start shortly! The stream will also be live soon at
So feel free to spectate! Remember to chat in the #gaming-grove-1 channel if you're spectating.

@IonicKarma @Emolga59 @digimon were the first to sign up for it, so they'll have priority.

To join, make sure you have me added as a friend first. Then go to Online Play -> Friend Game -> Join Room
Room ID:
987 194
Room password: 0821

To @zarf, @xlisapisa, and @Hanami : if we have time for another game after then I'd be happy to host you too. Feel free to hang around in the discord just in case.

I usually don't participate in these gaming events but I do happen to own a copy of Mario Party Superstars and I would love to join in!

TBT username: xSuperMario64x
In-game name: Bug
Switch code: 8558-0128-9692

Session(s):
Saturday, August 27th 2022 @ 1:00 PM FT
Saturday, August 27th 2022 @ 8:00 PM FT

(or honestly any two sessions that have openings, idk who else has signed up for these slots)

Splatoon 2 session will be starting now and will run for an hour or so! Join us on #gaming-grove-2 on discord!

PB password: 1999

TBT username: Tulaash
In-game name: Tulaash
Switch code: SW-0545-0085-5329

Session(s):
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe📹 Sunday, August 28th 2022 @ 8:00 PM FT

Splatoon 2 session will be starting now and will run for an hour or so! Join us on #gaming-grove-2 on discord!

PB password: 1999
For anyone checking this thread: impromptu stream for this session too! As before:

(Please join us, both in game and in the stream! We'll be in #gaming-grove-2 this time!)

TBT username: Equity
In-game name: Pistachio
Switch code: SW-2812-0503-8132

Session(s): Sunday, August 21st 2022 @ 9:00 PM FT

At what time on the 27th does the first week transition to the second week? As of right now, I would unfortunately only have one spectating session for week 1 as I cannot make it any of Mon-Fri sessions, unless they'd be at 12-1pm FT.

Edit -- No longer an issue as Splatoon was a spectated session!

Last edited:
The Mario Party Superstars session will start shortly! The stream will also be live soon at
So feel free to spectate! Remember to chat in the #gaming-grove-1 channel if you're spectating.

@IonicKarma @Emolga59 @digimon were the first to sign up for it, so they'll have priority.

To join, make sure you have me added as a friend first. Then go to Online Play -> Friend Game -> Join Room
Room ID:
987 194
Room password: 0821

To @zarf, @xlisapisa, and @Hanami : if we have time for another game after then I'd be happy to host you too. Feel free to hang around in the discord just in case.
The session has ended, and the results are in! Not that they matter, but you know. They're fun to have!

1661132473199.png

Participants: @zarf @Emolga59 @IonicKarma (digimon, you count as a participant in my heart, but a spectator for the sake of this.)
Spectators:

If you aren't on this spectator list, I may have accidentally missed you, or you didn't meet the criteria for spectating ("actively engaging with the stream to verify that they are actually watching for an extended period of time and making comments relevant to what is happening in the stream").

Splatoon 2's Saturday August 21st, 9:00PM FT Session has ended! Thank you players and spectators for joining us! 🦑

Participants: @IKI @Asarena @Equity @IonicKarma @Mr_Keroppi @Yanrima~ @Emolga59 @digimon
Spectators:

For anyone checking this thread: impromptu stream for this session too! As before:

(Please join us, both in game and in the stream! We'll be in #gaming-grove-2 this time!)

Snowesque
StarlitGlitch
duododo
FraudulentDimetrodon
Newbiemayor
ΛΔ (38385)
kiwikenobi
AppleBitterCrumble
If you aren't on this spectator list, I may have accidentally missed you, or you didn't meet the criteria for spectating ("actively engaging with the stream to verify that they are actually watching for an extended period of time and making comments relevant to what is happening in the stream").

You may submit your participation/spectator screenshots for the week after participating in two Gaming Grove sessions! See you at the next one 🐙

Splatoon 2's Saturday August 21st, 9:00PM FT Session has ended! Thank you players and spectators for joining us! 🦑

Participants: @IKI @Asarena @Equity @IonicKarma @Mr_Keroppi @Yanrima~ @Emolga59 @digimon
Spectators:

Snowesque
StarlitGlitch
duododo
FraudulentDimetrodon
Newbiemayor
ΛΔ (38385)
kiwikenobi
AppleBitterCrumble

You may submit your participation/spectator screenshots for the week after participating in two Gaming Grove sessions! See you at the next one 🐙

honored to have witnessed the chaos that is Splat 2! Sorry for asking so many questions & prompting the "other" definition of honeydew

Back