• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The future of Animal Crossing!!!! Share your hopes and dreams for the game<3

I agree, you're the mayor of the town ( I assume they keep this up in future games ) so you should approve move in locations. I don't see how simply adding that could make the game like sims really. Villagers moving in where they want has been an annoying issue with a lot of people.

Nobody said it would make it like the Sims????

I think it would be cool to be able to work on 2 patterns at the same time. It's incredibly annoying to be making two similar complex patterns while having to view the original one like every 2 minutes.

It'd be cute if we could buy fuzzy pens or some type of pen to equipt to our mail slot so we could sit down at a desk and write a letter with a fuzzy pen and then go on to having colored text and being able to draw your signature

I always really liked the idea of being able to visit your own town in a dream? Like if you wanted to try out something in your real town but wanted to see what it looked like before you actually made it permanent. Does that make sense?

I'd like to be able to donate fossils to Blather's personal collection. And then you could visit his exhibit room or something?h
Oh, and for Blather to actually blather on after you donate something to him - maybe list some facts?

Be able to visit a dream town with your friends!
And take a photobooth picture with your friends, too!

I love these kinds of threads because it's nice to see what other good ideas people have! IMO I think keeping AC relatively simple is key to stop it from becoming like the Sims or whatever!

Anyway:
- Definitely skin colour options at the start. This could be alongside the tanning mechanic which I think is a cute touch but we definitely need an option for POC.
- More fish / bugs definitely. Not too many more, maybe an extra 20 of each?
- Longer hair styles would be great too! But keep the complex styles to wigs, definitely.
- To be able to customise more of the furniture!
- Definitely to be able to restrict where Villagers put their houses.
- I think maybe a couple more types of flowers would be nice also truer colours. (The white roses are kinda cabbage looking eOe; )
- More phrases for the villagers and for them to stop saying tutorial stuff after a while. Also, for them to have some sort of memory so they seem realer...? Does that make sense. They could reference past events or things that happened! Perhaps talk about villagers that have previously moved out.
- For villagers in your friends towns to be able to ask you for favours and stuff! ♥
- Lastly to be able to send letters to other towns!!

Last edited:
Imagine if when you wear your socks with no shoes outside in the rain your foot print would be depicted on the bottom of your sock in brown mud and that then when you went inside you left mud tracks hehehe that'd be so cute and you'd have to wash your feet in the bath or sink and then ethier your walked or waited for your feet to dry or you could have the foot sock and or clothes dryer for a speedy clean whip out the rag, mop, or vacume up the footprints... And while were at it a mud fight would be cool, having a bonfire (more options for throwing parties hanging out) [being able to create occasions instead of waiting for them!]... Being able to customize the campsite would be cool and again so would having a treehouse

Definitely for villagers to say more things and seem "realer" while bringing back all of the characters plus some

Last edited:
I think a great idea would be to stress the connectivity by making 3DS and Wii U interchangeable, beyond the AC app they released earlier for the Wii U. For example, how you can transfer your character in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. It's unlikely they would do this... But it was unlikely they would do something like that for MH3U, so who knows!

What would be awesome (but probably too difficult) would be if each version was different: like if Wild World were your vacation-in-the-woods home as City Folk were your city home.

Yeah. Connectivity between the consoles. It would be fantastic.

How about if you have certain keywords in letters, like "congratulations" "trade fruit" or "move out", etc., villagers will react to the letter if they show it to you, and maybe actually understand that you WANT THEM TO MOVE OUT.

I've been wondering if there's a way to set down paths easier, like multiple tiles in one go.

because i haaaaate setting down paths uguhguhguh even with the tutorial that there's a certain order-- it doesn't take away the fact you set it down ONE BY ONE WHATTA PAINNN

I've been wondering if there's a way to set down paths easier, like multiple tiles in one go.

because i haaaaate setting down paths uguhguhguh even with the tutorial that there's a certain order-- it doesn't take away the fact you set it down ONE BY ONE WHATTA PAINNN
I personally have no problems putting paths.. and mind you I switched manually all of my paths in the town.

I think we're forgetting one thing here.

We love animal crossing for its simplicity, if we want to add all this stuff and want to design our dream town then it'll be finished quickly and we'll lose interest. having random villagers lets you love ones you never thought you would, having rocks and ponds provides a challenge ect.

I do agree with the long hair and dialogue though c:

Back