• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The ACNH Rant Thread

I want wilted flowers back as well, they overpopulate like weeds. Villagers water them and they keep breeding and you have to dig them all up if you TT (which is not the purpose of the game so I let it slide tbh).

also (happened today):
“I buried treasure”
*goes hunting for treasure*
“I dug up a fossil!”
“I dug up a fossil!”
“I dug up a fossil!”
“I dug up a fossil!”
*time’s up*

-.-

Last edited:
incline and bridges limit... ik this has been said before but idk i'm still annoyed about it, planning on redoing my entrance because i literally used 3 inclines just on my entrance area and i only have 2 inclines left that i could use and the left side of my island is still pretty bare and was planning on making it foresty so i feel like the 2 inclines left won't be enough...

The new furniture and clothing are nice but I wish there were some old clothes/furniture from the old game. The characters are so tall now compared to how the older game's characters were short.

I get that somethings need to change in a new game but parts of it just don't feel very Animal Crossing to me.

The new furniture and clothing are nice but I wish there were some old clothes/furniture from the old game. The characters are so tall now compared to how the older game's characters were short.

I get that somethings need to change in a new game but parts of it just don't feel very Animal Crossing to me.
New Leaf had so many Furniture sets. It blows my mind how New Horizons doesn't have them. Its no wonder our homes don't look so impressive.

i get why they probably didnt add them, either its going to be a big update at one point, or since its a new game they want a lot of the sets to be new (fair enough)

but ive found the cabana set in nl yesterday and i just...i want the cabana set

I want wilted flowers back as well, they overpopulate like weeds. Villagers water them and they keep breeding and you have to dig them all up if you TT (which is not the purpose of the game so I let it slide tbh).

I literally went round and put transparent patterns round all my flowers and weeds just to stop this happening. My town is mainly transparent patterns at this point. -.-

I don't time travel, and I constantly have to clean up 300-700 flowers at a time if I don't make a daily habit of doing it.

This really bothers me as well. It’s already frustrating imo that we still can’t have more than one save per copy of Animal Crossing but it’s even worse this time around.

Especially since the switch is meant to be like a home console. It should be expected that it’ll be shared between family members - we can create separate profiles after all. So it baffles me that even with separate profiles we can’t have more than one island.

It’s even more frustrating that buying a second copy of the game still doesn’t let you have a second island?? That’s just silly and it makes me so sad. I loved being able to buy a second copy of New Leaf - I have my main town on a cartridge and then I downloaded a second copy of the game to start fresh. I’d love to do that with New Horizons because I know I’ll reach a point where my island feels a bit stale but I won’t want to lose all my progress. :(

It's insane levels of greed by Nintendo, imo. The idea of having to buy a second copy of the game to have a second island is bad enough, when we have the profile system already there. But the fact that you actually have to buy an entirely different CONSOLE to do it is staggering to me! Game saves should have the ability to be different between profiles - you know, the way it works on pretty much every other game and console out there. :cautious: It'd be nice if new profiles had the option to choose whether to restart the game on their own island, or be a resident on an existing island. It's hard to fathom what could have possessed them to set it up this way, other than money. :(

Do flowers multiply if you time travel?? I thought as long as you didn't play during snow/rain they won't. I don't tt but that would be SO annoying.

Also I've been forcing myself to play lately just to get the Festivale things. And I already accidentally sold one. I wish I didn't "have" to log in every single day for weeks!

I'm going to have to tear-down the majority of my island because of my frame rate dropping. I don't even have a lot of things, and I can't figure out what's causing it to lag so bad. Hedges? Flowers? Bridges? I just don't know.

Not a rant about the game, but about the community...

Yeah, I get it, people are disappointed in the game but can we please just let the people who enjoy it express that they like it without piling a bunch of negativity and "wELl aCHsuaLLy in NL/WW/CF..." on them? Your opinion is still that, an opinion, so stop trying to convince me I'm "wrong." And, it's not like I haven't heard the same hot takes from all the other people who feel it necessary to rain on my parade every time I say something positive about the game, so maybe just move on. Yeesh.

You are also free to express your opinion.

On the flip side, your exact arguments can be inverted. A lot of the times the NH-fanatics try to convinced me that I am "wrong" for not obsessing over the game. Often telling me to straight up stop playing the game. But I don't viciously attack the opposing side - saying there's too much positivity going around for a subpar game.

People are free to make positive AND negative critique of the game. And hell, the debates/discussion can be fun (until they turn a tad toxic). The same way YOU don't want to be convinced the game isn't as great as you think, people like me don't want to be gaslighted into believing the game is a masterpiece.

It's insane levels of greed by Nintendo, imo. The idea of having to buy a second copy of the game to have a second island is bad enough, when we have the profile system already there. But the fact that you actually have to buy an entirely different CONSOLE to do it is staggering to me! Game saves should have the ability to be different between profiles - you know, the way it works on pretty much every other game and console out there. :cautious: It'd be nice if new profiles had the option to choose whether to restart the game on their own island, or be a resident on an existing island. It's hard to fathom what could have possessed them to set it up this way, other than money. :(

Since the game cannot not save the game cartridge, they lose the ability to make money off people buying multiple copies of the game. Since everyone can make 8 Switch profiles, they'd instantly have access to 8 saves, which comparable to buying 8 copies of New Leaf, but with no income to Nintendo. I don't know if they did it for the money or not. I think it's a mix of wanting players to share an island as-well-as prevent cheating.

Honestly, they should get off their high horse of preventing cheating and just move the saves to the SD card and allow players to own as many saves as they desire until the SD card fills up. Cheaters will always find a way to get what they want, so the only people suffering are the legitimate players. At the very least, they could offer the old fashioned style of save slots and let us own up to 3 islands per Switch.

Why does winter end on 02/25 in Animal Crossing New Horizon when winter used to last until the first day of March in previous Animal Crossing games? I feel like there isn't enough time to decorate your island for Winter because the snow doesn't even start falling and sticking until December and then you have holidays to decorate for. I love the snowy look to the island!

Since the game cannot not save the game cartridge, they lose the ability to make money off people buying multiple copies of the game. Since everyone can make 8 Switch profiles, they'd instantly have access to 8 saves, which comparable to buying 8 copies of New Leaf, but with no income to Nintendo. I don't know if they did it for the money or not. I think it's a mix of wanting players to share an island as-well-as prevent cheating.

Honestly, they should get off their high horse of preventing cheating and just move the saves to the SD card and allow players to own as many saves as they desire until the SD card fills up. Cheaters will always find a way to get what they want, so the only people suffering are the legitimate players. At the very least, they could offer the old fashioned style of save slots and let us own up to 3 islands per Switch.

Yes, you're right, the game saves saving to the system instead of the cartridge is what makes the difference - getting us to buy multiple consoles is the only way they can recoup that money, I suppose. I can understand their reasoning in that sense, although it is a real shame that secondary profiles don't even get the full benefits of the game that the island rep is offered. So not only do members of the same household have to share one island, but they don't even all get a fair share.

They do seem to be very focused on preventing cheating this time around, and I do feel like the franchise has lost a little of its wholesomeness because of it. I agree with you, save slots on the SD card would be a much better idea!

Every day someone will comment on how I changed my face or look different.
No. No I don't. I've not changed my face in weeks. I changed my outfit a week ago. I look the same!

Just a little thing, but I like to watch/listen to videos of people playing while I terraform or design, and it’s a little annoying when there’s so many YouTubers who post villager hunts and 90% of the video is “eww gross get away from me eww” until they find Molly or something lol

Just a little thing, but I like to watch/listen to videos of people playing while I terraform or design, and it’s a little annoying when there’s so many YouTubers who post villager hunts and 90% of the video is “eww gross get away from me eww” until they find Molly or something lol
Especially if the villagers aren’t even that bad. Like it could be Peewee or something, and I’m like “?? What’s bad about Peewee?”
I understand if its like, Jambette, but not every single villager that isn’t YOUR villager is gross.

Every day someone will comment on how I changed my face or look different.
No. No I don't. I've not changed my face in weeks. I changed my outfit a week ago. I look the same!
They do that to my wife's character, and she's NEVER changed her look!

why do they make us celebrate things we dont celebrate? for example I dont celebrate festivale pave pls not everyone celebrates it

Back