• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Are the food items, which are my favorite thing ever, still in the game?

Don't tell me they're gone too?

Seems they spent too much time on terraforming, sacrificing a massive amount of other features, items, shops and NPC,s for a feature that doesn't really interest me that much.

No perfect fruit = no dead trees.
No bushes.
No silver axe for special stump patterns, and by extension, no famous etc, mushroom spawns?

All the things I had planned to use in landscaping - gone.

Not about to read through almost 30 pages so I apologize if this came up already.

I'm annoyed that you can't craft multiples of things. It's really only bad when it comes to clams and bait. Like why can't I craft as many as possible in one go? It's bothersome going through the process 20+ times.

I don't care about Bunny Day. I don't care about any of these items. Zipper stop ****ing transforming the entire ecosystem to be nothing but eggs. I can't catch any fish anymore as a result. If you can't tell, I really don't like this event.

I wish they would have made clothing items unique and let us customize them. I'm sick of seeing the same type of clothes every day with little variation except for color, especially now that not everyone can access QR clothing anymore. I just want a casual dress. 😕

JUST LET ME PUT MY TURNIPS IN STORAGE!!!!!!
THEY LOOK AWFUL LAYING AROUND!
Post automatically merged:

I just found out today that all those custom design slots you start out with...are shared between all characters...

So no more having a second character that has all your path patterns...probably the biggest bummer to me so far.
Really?!? This is do not like...

Really?!? This is do not like...
Yea, made a second character for a cafe house and to hold paths. Loaded the design app and there were all my other character's designs and the same amount of free spaces.
That's really sad. With the new pattern-making abilities, the slots are full quite fast.
I agree, I've been seeing lots of paths I like and most have like 14 slots so they can be pieced together nicely and add variety. I hope the Pro designs are separate at least, since you do have to pay Nook Miles to unlock that app, I might grind the miles out to see.

So... you can't get more than 4 types of flowers in your game. You need random luck to get foreign fruits and their furniture. You can't get achievements without the online subscription. If they wanted to turn the game into a new Pokémon type of deal, why didn't they include a membership code for all players? And why did digital buyers only get 7 days of Nintendo Online when the tutorial is so long?

Like I know the answer, but it's so infuriating. At least for the flowers and Nook Miles achievements. They can sell Overwatch and Mario Maker with online subscriptions, so why not this game that thinks multiplayer is mandatory for the full experience (according to achievements)?

My main problems with ACNH can be described in two words: unnecessarily tedious.

Pressed enter a Dodo Code when you meant to press visit a friend? Gotta start from the very beginning of the dialogue. Want to craft duplicates of the same recipe? Gotta go through the same motions over and over. Want to buy 10 Nook Mile Tickets at once? Too bad, you got to buy them one by one. The 90s/early 2000s called: they want their poor game design choices back.

Seriously, they need a UX designer on board with all of these situations where they don’t NEED to inconvenience the players like this. And don’t even get me started with how horrible multiplayer is. Watching the same loading screen over and over is suffering.

I’m enjoying this game a ton. I just get the feeling Nintendo focused on the new and cool things you can do like crafting and terraforming without actually thinking of what we liked from the previous game in the series: New Leaf. There’s so much missing (I have a strong feeling that just like with Pokemon Sword & Shield, there will be some massive DLCs that will add partial features from previous games.) I really don’t think what we’re playing is a “finished” game.

Back