• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The ACNH Rant Thread

It's not much of a big complaint but I wish they increased the number of villagers we could have, if only slightly.

I don't mean to be rude or disregard your feelings, but some of your complaints seem a bit unfounded. Not only have I read tons of comments in the line of "I haven't played much but..." "I know people say this change but...". Are you all actually playing the game? It just seems like you're not giving the game a chance at all and you're also hoping that everything will be presented to you all at once. Animal Crossing has always been a game about patience and things evolving gradually. Dialogue and interactions with villagers certainly evolve over time. I just don't see how people are making the "NH dialogue is worse than NL" statements. Can someone provide actual footage of NL dialogue to prove this? Because, from my recollection, NL dialogue sucked ass. And the reason I think it did, was because the game focused lots more on other features (like being mayor). I just don't see how, in any way, NH dialogue is worse than before if dialogue options are: have more variation and are longer than those in NL. NL dialogue turned repetitive quick and was shorter than what we usually see in NH.

As for NPC absence. I'm also sad to see many of my favorite characters absent. But why are people so keen in thinking that they're definitely cut from the game? Leif is coming back for Earth day and the next update, allegedly, will bring Brewster, café and gyroids back. Even in the Mini Direct today they announced more features INCLUDING the Earth Day event, so we'll definitely see more things coming.

Another thing I find strange- why did they change Punchy’s appearance so drastically? I mean, he’s just as cute as ever, but... if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it? Most of the other villagers look pretty much the same except with better graphics, so...

Wait, what does he look like now?!

A lot of the complaints in this thread seem really kinda trivial to me. In my experience so far I've liked pretty much everything about this game over New Leaf in the first week. Instead of waiting days to build a yellow bench I've already been able to design my island to have a really home-like feel to it.

Granted the game isn't perfect, I dislike the tools breaking and I wish my villagers would give me some quests in the first week, but I've heard that they start improving on that later.

Datamining has shown that various things are going to be patched into the game in later updates (museum cafe, gyroids, etc.) I'm pretty sure this game is going to have a long shelf life because of the potential to put stuff into the game.

for everyone saying the criticisms are dumb or trivial, remember that some people care about certain things more than you do. try not to be dismisive. the game is a lot of money, and to some it's understandably concerning that certain features were cut from the base game, dlc or no. not everybody is capable of blind faith in dlc/updates

Last edited:
I don't mean to be rude or disregard your feelings, but some of your complaints seem a bit unfounded. Not only have I read tons of comments in the line of "I haven't played much but..." "I know people say this change but...". Are you all actually playing the game? It just seems like you're not giving the game a chance at all and you're also hoping that everything will be presented to you all at once. Animal Crossing has always been a game about patience and things evolving gradually. .

I feel the same.

Eample:
* Someone talked about there being too many balloons, but really, they can choose to ignore the balloons rather than rant.

* One ranted about spiders and tarantulas in the game. Spiders are absolutely harmless, and I don't know why they expected Nintendo to remove Tarantulas. They are great money makers, and people would just rant if they were removed.

* One person said something along the lines of you shouldn't trust reviewers until they've had a month to play, but at the same time was ranting after playing for like 3 days.

* Another ranted about it being "It's waaaay too hard to make bells" compared to Pocket Camp. Making bells in this game is just as easy, if not easier than past games, and Pocket Camp is not a real AC game.

Dialogue and interactions with villagers certainly evolve over time. I just don't see how people are making the "NH dialogue is worse than NL" statements. Can someone provide actual footage of NL dialogue to prove this? Because, from my recollection, NL dialogue sucked ass.

Unfortunately I strongly disagree. I think a lot of us are blinded by the new game and graphics that we choose to believe this. The dialogue at start has been so bad that I've been tempted several times to make screenshots of both games just to prove it. Atlast I am too busy playing the new game I can't make the free time to do such. Now that I've unlocked the new improved dialogue, I can't do this unless I reset. It will be a future project of mine for sure, though it will be highly irrelevant by then

Last edited:
I got scammed by a money tree.

What did I plant? 30,000 Bells.
What did I get? Three 10,000 Bell bags.

Unfortunately I strongly disagree. I think a lot of us are blinded by the new game and graphics that we choose to believe this. The dialogue at start has been so bad that I've been tempted several times to make screenshots of both games just to prove it. Atlast I am too busy playing the new game I can't make the free time to do such. Now that I've unlocked the new improved dialogue, I can't do this unless I reset. It will be a future project of mine for sure, though it will be highly irrelevant by then

It'd be cool if you did! I've checked on NL videos only to remind myself how NL dialogue with villagers was and honestly, it's way worse.

I got scammed by a money tree.

What did I plant? 30,000 Bells.
What did I get? Three 10,000 Bell bags.

That's actually kinda hilarious omg

I planted a money tree but I only put 1k bells in the hole. I'm not planning on shaking the money off the tree cause I like to see bell trees just hangin out around town :3

I feel like we got an incomplete game and are at Nintendos mercy to get the updates

You say that as if Nintendo dropped the game on us and were like "Well that's that" and moved on to other things.

Nintendo has a plan to release the content when we're ready for it, and they said so in the 2.20.2020 direct.

Last edited:

Well luckily the game can be enjoyed without talking to neighbors. I haven't really talked with my villagers at all and yet I've been having a blast playing the game for the last two days.

That's just me, though. I'm sure other people would appreciate having an educated conversation with their neighbor.

Well luckily the game can be enjoyed without talking to neighbors. I haven't really talked with my villagers at all and yet I've been having a blast playing the game for the last two days.

That's just me, though. I'm sure other people would appreciate having an educated conversation with their neighbor.

I still enjoyed it. I ran to my villagers every chance I got though because it was said before release that they had amazing dialogue, and then I was immensely hit with disappointment by some of the most lackluster sentences spoken from the villagers.

* One person said something along the lines of you shouldn't trust reviewers until they've had a month to play, but at the same time was ranting after playing for like 3 days.

Oh dear.

I also ended my post stating that I am optimistic about the future of the game, didn't I. Please do not cherry pick from my posts without added context.

I am also not a published reviewer in an influencial position in the gaming community. My opinions being posted on a forum do not equate to the published thoughts of an influencial journalist.

Once again, why are people policing people's opinions in a thread designed for people let out frustrations? Give people space, will you.

What's bothering me is that customized tools don't stay the way they are when you remake them? That makes them expensive?
And the fact that "special" tools like the Star Net costs 2,5k but breaks?? And the golden tools too?????
Yes, that's my biggest disappointment from the game.

I also feel that villagers don't say a lot, or don't request a lot. Maybe because I'm still at an early stage of the game, but I never got bored talking to NL villagers but here I do, especially Uchi reminding me in a way I find aggressive that it's the 7th time I've talked to them during the day. I would expect this behavior from crankies, not unchi.

What's bothering me is that customized tools don't stay the way they are when you remake them? That makes them expensive?
And the fact that "special" tools like the Star Net costs 2,5k but breaks?? And the golden tools too?????

Yeah this is really confusing too. Why should we bother customising our tools if they're going to break? We're literally just wasting customisation kits.

I also feel that villagers don't say a lot, or don't request a lot. Maybe because I'm still at an early stage of the game, but I never got bored talking to NL villagers but here I do, especially Uchi reminding me in a way I find aggressive that it's the 7th time I've talked to them during the day. I would expect this behavior from crankies, not unchi.

Wait... The golden ones breaks too?
D:

Back