• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Isabelle is honestly a waste of a slot. I doubt anyone here still enjoys listening to her pointless 'announcements' It's all just a button mash to get the game opened as fast as can be done. It would be amazing if she actually did mention visitors, weather, and the like and not just pick and choose because god we so need to know about your missing socks, video chats, and how every channel puts you to sleep.

i agree with everyone here! something i really miss from New Leaf was the ability to interact with the in-game DS. like when you bought fortune cookies from Nook's mart, and there would be chance of the 3ds item being in there. then you could place the 3ds in your house, and when pressing a/interacting with the item, it would lead you to Puzzle Leauge or Desert Island Escape, which were one of the most fun little minigames! I really liked the concept of there being a "Game inside a game"!!!!

but in New Horizons, you can't do anything with the in-game switches, and i just kind of find that mildly disappointing?
also there were so many more cute items in NL, like the froggy chair, the fruit tees (there not being a citrus tank in NH is also kind of dissapointing bc I loved the citrus tank so much lol), the KIDDIE SET!!! the kiddie set and the lovely set were one of the cutest items in the whole thing, and the citrus chair/citrus set was also super cute and i just kinda miss that?

usually i play NL these days because it's just so much more fun and there are so many aspects missing from NH. it's kind of strange not being able to put furniture outside, but i don't mind it! I like funding the public works projects, and those are honestly a real nice outside decoration option despite not being able to put regular furniture outside. If NH adds more interesting items, aspects of gameplay, and adds in some of the missing NPCs, I'll be more likely to play it more in the future! it's just kind of...meh...these days, but I do appreciate how much work they put into making the graphics in NH look really smooth and nice.
it's not like NH is bad or anything to me, it just doesn't really feel as cozy and comfortable as NL ; v ; if that makes sense sense haha

It's possible to have more than 1 shower a week, so if you have a shower but she is nowhere to be found, it's likely she had already come that week, or is planning on coming later that week.
Funny enough the moment I time travel the next day in the night she appears and there is no shooting stars in the sky. This game is weird sometimes.
Post automatically merged:

Isabelle is honestly a waste of a slot. I doubt anyone here still enjoys listening to her pointless 'announcements' It's all just a button mash to get the game opened as fast as can be done. It would be amazing if she actually did mention visitors, weather, and the like and not just pick and choose because god we so need to know about your missing socks, video chats, and how every channel puts you to sleep.
Oh yeah everytime when she is on screen I just mash A just to get through her annoying/repetitive dialogue. Like with due respect I know she can say things like a visitor at the campsite and sometimes mentions that there is a shooting star, but come on, feel like she is just there just to annoy you. If there was an option to "Skip" or turn off the announcements I would welcome that.

Funny enough the moment I time travel the next day in the night she appears and there is no shooting stars in the sky. This game is weird sometimes.

Nothing to worry about. Unless you have a heavy shower, with light showers you can go many hours without seeing a shooting star, and see like 2 shooting stars in an entire hour. I believe the shooting stars can happen between 7pm - 5am. It's possible to have a shower where you see 1-5 shooting stars at like 3am, but 0 from 7pm-3am, 0 from 4am-5am

So I came across a Reddit post talking about the villagers' lack of the "quirkiness" they had in Wild World, and even though I've never played Wild World, I know enough about these 'quirks' of Animal Crossing villagers to feel kinda bad about the developers leaving this stuff out.

I mean, considering what I've said about the hand-holding stuff (and also my remarks about the cranky Gonzo), I should be the last person to say this... but I don't really mind if my villagers are acting rude to me. That's more realistic and natural. Now Nintendo has made them all family-friendly and stuff. What's that about? That's boring.

And besides, I want a better reason to get a villager to move out than "I don't like his/her design." lol Makes me feel like a shallow jerk...

Man, I miss Resetti. Bring that cranky angry mole back; at least he's honest about his feelings, unlike Tom Nook trying to manipulate you into spending your bells with false smiles and a sycophant attitude. :rolleyes:

So I came across a Reddit post talking about the villagers' lack of the "quirkiness" they had in Wild World, and even though I've never played Wild World, I know enough about these 'quirks' of Animal Crossing villagers to feel kinda bad about the developers leaving this stuff out.

I mean, considering what I've said about the hand-holding stuff (and also my remarks about the cranky Gonzo), I should be the last person to say this... but I don't really mind if my villagers are acting rude to me. That's more realistic and natural. Now Nintendo has made them all family-friendly and stuff. What's that about? That's boring.

And besides, I want a better reason to get a villager to move out than "I don't like his/her design." lol Makes me feel like a shallow jerk...

Man, I miss Resetti. Bring that cranky angry mole back; at least he's honest about his feelings, unlike Tom Nook trying to manipulate you into spending your bells with false smiles and a sycophant attitude. :rolleyes:
Dude, I get that! Ursala was one of my favorites on the GCN (aside from my lovely Aziz, never forget), I loved Ursala because of her snooty personality and just how dang long it took me to befriend her dumb butt. I was so excited when she got reintroduced in NL, but was immediately heartbroken when I saw that she was a sisterly. I still enjoy her, but she's never been the same to me. I just really hope Aziz gets reintroduced since I find the jocks enjoyable enough in this game and hearing him rant about his abs whilst eating a ton of carbs would be hysterical.

I hate that you can't terraform the outer parts of your island. Right now, it's the fishing tournament on my island, and all my villagers are gathered around this one small part of the river that's right in front of the ocean. It's not even technically a river, but more like the result of me building land over my river until there's this remaining small stream of river I couldn't terraform that's connected to the ocean. My villagers are gathered there, and there's definitely no fish there, at all! They just look silly gathering around nothing.

I guess I'll go throw some fish bait there later on to entertain them. I kinda feel bad for them, even though they're just digital programs of anthropomorphic cartoons. lol

It really bothers me when your villagers walk toward the airport. This is the reason why I have fencing near my airport to prevent them from walking there. I had incidents where they were sitting by the airport blocking the way, doing their yoga and exercise by the front entrance, then the most annoying whenever you go to someone's island a villager could be blocking your way, however sometimes you're unable to push them out of the way, turns only the host who is owner of the island is allowed to do that, unless you are their "best friend"

I guess my point is that the villagers whenever they are walking around and doing their daily stuff is just flawed. You can be really annoyed with then when they are blocking you, interrupting you when you're shaking a tree when they walk towards you, or and this one is the reason why I forbid any narrow paths on any of my islands always blocking you when you're trying to navigate through maze like areas.

Last edited:
Unlocking DIYs right now is a terrible system. A casual player can play over a year and still not have most of the non-holiday DIY furniture unlocked. The game gives you way too many duplicates, and too few chances to find DIYs per day. If the game would prioritize teaching the player unlearned DIYs, this could help tremendously.

Unlocking DIYs right now is a terrible system. A casual player can play over a year and still not have most of the non-holiday DIY furniture unlocked. The game gives you way too many duplicates, and too few chances to find DIYs per day. If the game would prioritize teaching the player unlearned DIYs, this could help tremendously.
I had to do so many trades just to get all the Frozen and Festive DIYS since I restarted my old island. It is annoying how seasonal diys are always in balloon gifts and I know how long they take to spawn in. The DIY system really needs a rework, not to mention we need new DIYS. Feel like all year I've seen the same DIYS from last year and not much has really change.

Also about the duplicates there should be an option whenever you talk to a villager who is crafting that if you already know the DIY you should not have to be given it everytime. At least with the Spooky DIYS if you already learned it they sometimes give you Candy or Pumpkins which is really nice, so if they can do that they should at least give you some materials (hardwood, softwood, wood, iron nuggets, clay, and iron nuggets) to help craft the DIY that they are making.

Yes I still have a bunch I have yet to learn on my main island. It would be great if they waited to give out duplicates until after you have gotten all of them. Most of the ones I need are the flower crowns and wreaths.

The whole DIY system is flawed from start to finish. They could had easily made collecting diy cards engaging and fun, except they made it a mind numbing grind. I gave up and just started trading for the seasonal diy. I was not having fun. A key/core element of the game should not have people feeling that way.

They showed they could do it differently with building snowmen. At least you knew you were going to get one when you did it right.

The whole DIY system is flawed from start to finish. They could had easily made collecting diy cards engaging and fun, except they made it a mind numbing grind. I gave up and just started trading for the seasonal diy. I was not having fun. A key/core element of the game should not have people feeling that way.

They showed they could do it differently with building snowmen. At least you knew you were going to get one when you did it right.
I really don't understand why they didn't even bother to give new DIYS throughout the year instead all they just focused on was giving us more seasonal items.

Last edited:

Yeah I agree. What I don't like is that the game tends to give you diys you already have vs new ones to encourage trading and get more money from switch online. Honestly it's pretty annoying,especially when a villager gives you a diy you already have. Speaking of that, how come when you already have a diy you're forced to take it, but when you don't, you can decline it? It makes no sense! It should be the other way around to be honest. Maybe after the Brewster update we will get some qol changes including changes to the diy mechanic. I mean, the developers obviously wanted to add something new to the table, but if they really respect their fans, they should start working to improve the game and add what makes animal crossing animal crossing

Yeah I agree. What I don't like is that the game tends to give you diys you already have vs new ones to encourage trading and get more money from switch online. Honestly it's pretty annoying,especially when a villager gives you a diy you already have. Speaking of that, how come when you already have a diy you're forced to take it, but when you don't, you can decline it? It makes no sense! It should be the other way around to be honest. Maybe after the Brewster update we will get some qol changes including changes to the diy mechanic. I mean, the developers obviously wanted to add something new to the table, but if they really respect their fans, they should start working to improve the game and add what makes animal crossing animal crossing

speaking of seasonal DIY's, is it just me, or do some just.... vanish from your inventory? i remember trying to make one of the christmas exclusive items (think i had a backlog of ornaments) and i couldn't.

speaking of seasonal DIY's, is it just me, or do some just.... vanish from your inventory? i remember trying to make one of the christmas exclusive items (think i had a backlog of ornaments) and i couldn't.
Its just you. I still have all the Ornaments and leftover Festive and Frozen Furniture from last year from my old island before it was deleted.

After like 3 weeks a campsite villager finally shows up to my campsite. It's Bruce. I try to get him to move in but between the obnoxious card games of chance, the 'I don't know if I should move in after all' dialouge and choosing villagers I DON'T want to move is making this Animal Crossing game really ANNOYING to play right now.

Adding to the fact that I am fighting a cold right now.is adding to my already low tolerace for game b.s. They really need to fix the campsite.

After like 3 weeks a campsite villager finally shows up to my campsite. It's Bruce. I try to get him to move in but between the obnoxious card games of chance, the 'I don't know if I should move in after all' dialouge and choosing villagers I DON'T want to move is making this Animal Crossing game really ANNOYING to play right now.

Adding to the fact that I am fighting a cold right now.is adding to my already low tolerace for game b.s. They really need to fix the campsite.
Yeah I never bother with campsite and just use amiibo cards. Audie did show up a few weeks ago and I thought since hey they're one of the new ones I will try to get her to move. I probably had to spam her dialogue a hundred times or more and like 20 you should move before she finally did the card game.

And luckily I won and she picked a villager I didn't mind, but holy crap they really made a lot of this game so grindy. After how much of a slugfest that was, if I lost the card game or she picked a villager I didn't want to leave I would had just gave up.

Yeah I never bother with campsite and just use amiibo cards. Audie did show up a few weeks ago and I thought since hey they're one of the new ones I will try to get her to move. I probably had to spam her dialogue a hundred times or more and like 20 you should move before she finally did the card game.

And luckily I won and she picked a villager I didn't mind, but holy crap they really made a lot of this game so grindy. After how much of a slugfest that was, if I lost the card game or she picked a villager I didn't want to leave I would had just gave up.
Grindy indeed. I hate the card games. I almost lost every single time.

I think I'll just stick with Amiibos from now on (now that I'm getting every one of them). The campsite's gonna be pretty useless though after that. It's too bad we can't just destroy it. It's a pointless paperweight if you only use Amiibos like us. lol

Yeah the Campsite mini game is by far the worst feature in the game. I too always use amiibo cards to kick out unwanted villagers whenever I am done getting their Poster/Photo. I will say it is annoying trying to kick out a villager when you try to look for them with the thought bubble above their head and you have to make sure it lands on the right villager who you want to kick out.

Back