• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Thank you so much but I went island hopping this morning and got Cleo for the spot. Sadly this is my second island so no Nintendo Subscription.
I have two islands on one Nintendo subscription, although mine might be a family subscription.
If you have a single person subscription, but use the same Nintendo account for both, it should work.

If you have a single person subscription, but use the same Nintendo account for both, it should work.
I had no idea you could do that I thought I needed a new account for each switch. I wanted to start a new character on that island anyway. Though I don’t think the second character can invite villagers?

I've had my island for well over a month now and it's slowly coming together, however I haven't got a clue on how to make it more pretty overall. I've visited some islands via dreams and some are just gorgeous and inspiring but when it comes to mine it's like a creative block hits me and I get stumped on what to do next.

the only problem i have, is that i didn't get my nintendo switch in my mail when i started... it said that i'd recieve in my mail on my 2nd day...

& the snorkal mask, for that matter too... it said ' check mail after 1.3 update'...

it's okay, though... i have bought a green pair from the nook stop :3

Last edited:
I had no idea you could do that I thought I needed a new account for each switch. I wanted to start a new character on that island anyway. Though I don’t think the second character can invite villagers?
Nah, you can link your Nintendo account to your profile on multiple Switches, the only problem is it differentiates between the main and secondary consoles. On a secondary console, you need internet access to access any download data that's tied to the Nintendo account (such as digital purchases, but also stuff like the Pocket Camp extras, IIRC), and you can't share any digital purchases with other users. As long as you have stable internet and don't have digital purchases you want to share with other users, it works fine. And yeah, from what I found, only the resident rep can invite villagers, but if the first account is yours and doesn't already have a Nintendo account linked to it, you should be able to just add that one.

the only problem i have, is that i didn't get my nintendo switch in my mail when i started... it said that i'd recieve in my mail on my 2nd day...

& the snorkal mask, for that matter too... it said ' check mail after 1.3 update'...

it's okay, though... i have bought a green pair from timmy :3
The items you get in the mail are only for the last update, not for all of the updates. They're all reorderable, though, so you can still buy them.

Nah, you can link your Nintendo account to your profile on multiple Switches, the only problem is it differentiates between the main and secondary consoles. On a secondary console, you need internet access to access any download data that's tied to the Nintendo account (such as digital purchases, but also stuff like the Pocket Camp extras, IIRC), and you can't share any digital purchases with other users. As long as you have stable internet and don't have digital purchases you want to share with other users, it works fine. And yeah, from what I found, only the resident rep can invite villagers, but if the first account is yours and doesn't already have a Nintendo account linked to it, you should be able to just add that one.

The items you get in the mail are only for the last update, not for all of the updates. They're all reorderable, though, so you can still buy them.
Thank you so much for explaining I really appreciate it. I made a second character using my Nintendo account with online and can now use the ables kiosk. I don’t mind not being able to invite villagers with this character since I like finding them on mystery island and I can still move them between my two islands. I can also still bring static from my other island. When I upgrade her tent to a house will I be able to get a dream address?

I've had my island for well over a month now and it's slowly coming together, however I haven't got a clue on how to make it more pretty overall. I've visited some islands via dreams and some are just gorgeous and inspiring but when it comes to mine it's like a creative block hits me and I get stumped on what to do next.
When you run into a block like that, I've found the best way to go about it is not to focus on everything at once. I'd suggest working with small projects that might inspire you. Something you create might lead you to wanting to make something bigger with it. If by some chance it doesn't, you've still got that creative itch satisfied and you've found something you know you don't like. It'll be slow going, but it's win/win. You'll get to where you're going design wise, you just have to be patient.

Thank you so much for explaining I really appreciate it. I made a second character using my Nintendo account with online and can now use the ables kiosk. I don’t mind not being able to invite villagers with this character since I like finding them on mystery island and I can still move them between my two islands. I can also still bring static from my other island. When I upgrade her tent to a house will I be able to get a dream address?
Honestly, I couldn't really find exact info, but I think so long as you have a bed (didn't see anything about needing to have a house), it might work. I at least didn't say anything stating it only works for the resident rep.

Honestly, I couldn't really find exact info, but I think so long as you have a bed (didn't see anything about needing to have a house), it might work. I at least didn't say anything stating it only works for the resident rep.
Thank you . The only thing I saw was you needed to out of the tent.

I'm sure this has been stated several times over, but I don't like having to manually go letter by letter in the mailbox. Give us an option to mass delete them. Letters build up so fast and it's tedious to say the least.

If it helps, I’m fairly certain the letters automatically delete. I’ve been playing the game since release and I’ve never manually deleted a letter - I feel like by now I’ve received over 300. It always reads that I’m at like 299/300 but I’ve never been told my mailbox is full and needs to be emptied or anything.

If it helps, I’m fairly certain the letters automatically delete. I’ve been playing the game since release and I’ve never manually deleted a letter - I feel like by now I’ve received over 300. It always reads that I’m at like 299/300 but I’ve never been told my mailbox is full and needs to be emptied or anything.
That does help and I wasn't aware of that. Not having to delete them one by one makes life much easier, thanks!

The fact that you can't move Resident Services is extremely frustrating !:mad: I like the layout of my map except for two things : 1) Location of Resident Services and 2) The entrance ( very short :(). I'm actually going to restart my island because of the two things mentioned above.

I wish we could move Resident Services with either Bells or Nook Miles Ticket :cry:. Being able to change our airport color , island name, name and native fruit would be nice too !

When you run into a block like that, I've found the best way to go about it is not to focus on everything at once. I'd suggest working with small projects that might inspire you. Something you create might lead you to wanting to make something bigger with it. If by some chance it doesn't, you've still got that creative itch satisfied and you've found something you know you don't like. It'll be slow going, but it's win/win. You'll get to where you're going design wise, you just have to be patient.
Thank you for the advice, admittedly I’m terrible at overthinking especially when I see some islands looking amazing and wanting mine to look just as good. I’ve started on some small projects on my island which will hopefully lead into flow of inspiration in the long run. Overall I just don’t want my island to look like untouched since I started with a few houses dotted around. 😂

What traffic needs to walk there? 😁
20210220_165923.jpg

What traffic needs to walk there? 😁
View attachment 357416
Ohh I hate when it does that! Months ago I was laying a ramp and since the Able's was nearby it took wayyy too long to find a place I could put it. I had no idea what the issue was because it never made sense. What exactly am I blocking? I'm sure there's a technical reason behind it but I can't figure out what.

By the way I love how your neighbourhood looks! I wanted to try a setup like that but I really don't want to tear down everything I already worked for, plus I might go crazy lol. At least I can look at other people's.

i really wish that the villagers wouldnt immediately move when i get my camera out, it happens every single time i try to take a picture lol

i just got apollo and not only does he not want to stay still, he wont even emote with me

I really wish there was a way of finding out where your villagers were at. It bugs me so much that I have to spend ages sometimes searching for that one villager to give them their daily gift.

Why can’t we ask Isabelle where missing villagers are or ask other villagers if they’ve seen so-and-so. It’d make life so much easier. 😣

i am really hoping for more of the activities in new leaf, such as the many shops/districts, island like mini games, etc

Back