• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

That first piece of furniture! (Also, OMG 7 days left!)

@Litwick THIS IS ONE OF THEM THREADS.
ARRRGHHHHH NIP NIPS.

That's kind of uncalled for. It's not a pointless thread.. I was honestly curious how people handle their first few steps in the game. Don't post in it if you don't care about it. It's not hard.

I'll probably keep it at first, just for the sake of having items in my home.
but more likely than not, it'll end up being sold. that depends on what it is, of course.

^ Apparently, based on Litwicks perception, it is. I don't think it is! :)

Anyways, back on topic: I will keep my first piece. I've always kept every first furniture I get, on every game. :3

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hangs onto that first piece of furniture! :p I hope you guys who sell it get something worth a lot of bells! ^_^

I usually put it in my house at first, just to be all, "I have furniture! ^_^" But then I would sell it.

However...I think this time I will place it in the museum extra rooms, as a memory of where I started from. =3 (Unless I absolutely love it as an item and just keep it in my house forever. XD)

That is actually a really cute and sweet idea... I might actually do that myself depending who i get it from. Like if Tokoya or Antonio [my two favorite characters] i would hold on the the piece forever! Though from Friga or an equally rude character i might just sell it...;;

If one of my favorite characters gives it to me, I am keeping it and then buying a museum glass case to put it in and make one of my museum rooms centered around it. Yes.

I love this idea! If I've ever kept anything it has simply been because it was of use, not for sentimental reasons. This thread has made me think I should!

I hung onto the cardboard box I started out with in city folk for a looooong time. Probably wont do that this time, tends to lead to future hoarding problems :p

Well, since I think Re-Tail defaults to selling a common bed, a green chair, a random storage container, and a plant... I'm not sure.

Maybe once I unlock Celeste, I'll build a Mayor Room, to keep the first of everythings? (Like once I upgrade to a Silver Fishing Rod, I'll put the old one in the glass case. The neighbors may stick to the first floor, but still...)

If it's good enough, I'll keep it.

Has to look nice + be practical. I usually don't place any furniture down till my home's a certain size- needs to have rooms for a bath & such.

I plan to camp it out till I have buckets of bells.

I usually always keep the first few items I get. Mainly because I don't like how bare my house looks at the start. xD But once I find something better I usually sell the old stuff.

I do this as well :) I may keep the VERY first piece of furniture I get for sentimental reasons.

It depends on what it is. If it's a collectors item like a lava lamp then I'll keep it or if it's part of a furniture set that I like I will build off of it. Otherwise I will sell it and use the bells to buy a shovel or some such.

Unless its something unsightly, I'll keep it. I remember in City Folk, my first THREE items given to me were all part of the lovely series.. lol.. I hated it, but for some reason I just stuffed them into storage.

Back