• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

TBT's Second Annual Inktober Thread! 🦇

xSuperMario64x

call me Bug 🇨🇦💜🐛
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Planet Glow Wand
Rainbow Crescent Moon
Planet Glow Wand
Sweet Feather
Tetris Grid
Pinky
Invader
Goomba
Glam Feather
Heart Glow Wand
I hope I'm not too late making this lol whoops

hi everyone!! last year I created an Inktober thread (link to OG thread), where people could sign up and tell everyone what they were planning on drawing each day. it was a lot of fun (even though I only made it to like day 18 OTL) and I want to try to do it again this year! and maybe not go at it as hard as I did 😅
for those of you who don't know, Inktober is a daily drawing challenge that takes place throughout the month of October. you can come up with a list of prompts or specific things that you would like to draw each day.

if you're interested in joining in on the fun, post in this thread and I will add you to the participant list! :)

🦇 Here are the rules:
1. Every day you must draw one thing. Traditional and digital mediums are allowed. Drawing can be of anything; a character, scenery, plants, friends, pets, etc.
2. Must at least be a full fledged sketch or line art, ideally you should try to complete the drawing before the day ends (with coloring, shading, etc.)
3. Try to challenge yourself with each drawing. If you'd like, you can mention how the drawing you did was a new challenge for you!
4. When you are done with your drawing for the day, post it in this thread.
5. Feel free to share your Inktober drawing list with everyone! If you don't have a list to follow and just want to go with the flow, you do you! Here's a link to the official Inktober 2022 drawing prompt list!

If you are not a participant, still, feel free to comment on this thread and give feedback/praise to the art posted here!

🦇 Exceptions:
- If you have an emergency, a busy day, something suddenly comes up, whatever, and you can't do your drawing for the day, that's fine! Don't feel pressured to do a drawing if you find yourself not being able to complete it for whatever reason. However, if you do get at least a bit done you can share that with us.
- If you need to drop out for any reason send me a PM so I can remove you from the participation list.

🦇 Participants:
xSuperMario64x
Millysaurusrexjr
BrokenSanity
Franny
Ravenkitty22
Sheep Villager
nyx~

Happy drawing everyone!

Last edited:
can't believe it's been a year already... where does the time go!

I think I shall join again! Though I might do more sketch-like work than last year (but knowing myself this is possibly a lie). I do have to practice anatomy.

id like to participate but itll probably be very quick little doodles, maybe coloring but im not good at shading at all XD regardless i'd like to try! still new to art so maybe i'll improve by the end of it

I might give this a shot by going the random word generator route, been feeling very art blocked lately.

Don't expect full renders from me though, I'll likely just do one small pixel trinket a day. The biggest challenge will be getting stuff done in one day as I'm notoriously slow at making art.

happy first day of Inktober everyone!!

I haven't done mine yet, today's been another rough day. I'm thinking I may get a sketch done tonight and post it :) can't wait to see what everyone else draws!

Here’s my day one! The prompt was “abyss”!
BDB27405-F1F5-4E64-8881-B50AEDD22F1C.png

(I’m following the Skytober prompts so most of my drawings will be for the game Sky: Children of the Light!)

Millytober Day 1: Lava Lamp
Gouache and color pencil on black paper

Millytober_Day_1_BetterPhoto.jpg

Last year I started with a lava lamp, why not this year also?
Technically a day late but I think it's still October 1st somewhere.
edit: changed the picture because I think this photo is a bit better

MILLYTOBER PROMPT LIST
*May be subject to change
**Won't be doing an explicitly Halloween theme this year
  1. Lava Lamp
  2. Hands Studies
  3. Cat
  4. Trees
  5. Feet Studies
  6. Void Lady
  7. Arms + Hands Study
  8. Pokémon Figure Painting
  9. RedditGetsDrawn Portrait
  10. Legs + Feet Studies
  11. Mermaid
  12. Gyroids
  13. Full Body Gesture Drawings
  14. Rose
  15. Magpie
  16. Torso Studies
  17. RedditGetsDrawn Portrait
  18. CatHuman
  19. Dice Still Life
  20. Chibi Attempt
  21. Full/Half Body Studies
  22. Tote
  23. Orangutan
  24. RedditGetsDrawn Portrait
  25. Landscape Study
  26. Draw This Again
  27. Full/Half Body Study
  28. Freebie
  29. Husbando
  30. Candy Still Life
  31. Childhood Halloween Pic(s)

Last edited:
Inktober D1 (posted late)

Prompt words; Recovery, Counter

l4MBYmI.gif

Whatever this art style is was born entirely off of having to rush and take short cuts. I do think there is some merit to mixing smooth gradients and chunky pixels so I wouldn't say I hate the end result entirely. Might re-visit and polish this style more another time.

To anyone wondering how the theme correlates with the art; I kept thinking about the rod of Asclepius for the recovery prompt. Inktober is going to reveal how convoluted my thought processes are I swear.

This is far from the second Inktober thread we have had. We have had Inktober threads most years dating back to at least 2014!

As I've done since 2016, I'm going to be using the prompts for writing rather than artwork. If any are age appropriate for TBT I'll share.

This is far from the second Inktober thread we have had. We have had Inktober threads most years dating back to at least 2014!

As I've done since 2016, I'm going to be using the prompts for writing rather than artwork. If any are age appropriate for TBT I'll share.
well it's the second one I've hosted so I figured I would name it appropriately :)
and yes we would love to see your works too!

so I still want to participate in this but I think im gonna take a hiatus for a bit, so I'll post everything I've done once I come back.

Inktober 2022 Day 2 "Fennec Fox"
Another one of my failed attempted attempts of doing "realism" carefully trying to draw a fennec fox's complex sandy colored coat that helps it camouflage in the sand did not go as expected...
Fennec Fox.jpg

267cb3afd2a7177e5ae7fc64901df7ac.png

I was way too busy yesterday so all I have are sketches for D2 which I won't post. I'll try to work on finishing D2 whenever I have time, or as a worst case scenario I'll post it in November. The prompts yesterday were fate, affinity. (Thank you random generator for the abstract prompt when I was already low on time...)

I'll hopefully be back in 5-12 hours with my D3!

Inktober 2022 Day 3 "Cockatoo"
I like how this came out but that was a bad idea making the background transparent...
Cockatoo.jpg

Inktober 2022 Day 4 "Elephant"
Tried to draw wrinkles on the elephant, also tried to do lighting a little bit.
Elephant.jpg

Back