• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Season of Giving 2022: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
closingceremony.png

Happy Hogmanay! After a festive couple of weeks filled with baking, drawing, and fun giveaways, TBT's Season of Giving 2022 has come to an end. Thank you to all of the members who came together to make this cold winter holiday cheery and bright! And a big congratulations to everyone who helped us to collectively raise $893.53 for our four featured charities plus an additional charity selected by the donor. Check out this thread for a breakdown of how we reached our total and where that money is going to go.

Before we announce our winners, I'm just going to get a little bit of housekeeping out of the way.

Shop Information and Prize Distribution

The Christmas Lights collectibles, holiday backdrops, and the coloured usernames awarded via the Top Gift Givers Leaderboard will be departing on January 10th 2023. If you are one of the few people who still hasn't spent their Chocolate Coins and Snowflakes, please be sure to spend them by this date otherwise they will be lost to the void forever. Unlike in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, they really are gone when we send them there - they won't just show up in your friend's wallet next holiday season! I can assure you there are no other ways to spend these currencies now that our Leftover Snowflake Super Raffle has concluded.

On that note, the Special Snowflake, Yule Log, Christmas Gold Candy, and Lump of Coal collectibles will be distributed over the next few days, alongside the participation rewards from The Lost Bar event.

Without further ado, let's announce the winners of TBT's Season of Giving 2022!
🎁

Lyrical Limericks

There once was a reindeer named Jingle,
Whose Christmastime job made him tingle,
He mixed up a gift,
Which caused quite a rift,
And now two poor lovebirds are single.​

our presents in pink, red, green, orange, and blue
with christmas lights, and festive candies too
i've missed out on some snow
for how would i have known
toilet paper for wrap battle round two

You awake to the voice of Tom Nook.
Breaking into your house like a crook.
"There's no Santa, you see.
All these gifts are for me."
It's your gifts and your bells that he took.

Bob was a merry little cat
Who loved to wear a Santa hat
Jingle did not find it cute
Threatened "Copyright lawsuit!"
And sadly put an end to that

after autumn, when christmas comes around,
isabelle plans to decorate the town
“putting lights on trees,
how hard could it be?!”
she thinks as ornaments fall to the ground

Timbra's a special holiday guest
Her dinner talk's quite simply the best
But when wine comes around
She's soon down on the ground
and at that point we leave her to rest

A wintry chill pervades the air
Kicking snowballs with extra care
"Oh, so close!" He sneers
I frown at his jeers
Perfect snowboys are very rare.

@Fye
The winter solstice has come and gone
When we had our longest wait for dawn
Let our days grow brighter
And our hearts get lighter
As the sun feels less and less withdrawn

Raffle Winners

159.jpg

The Lost Bar Special Snowflake Winner
BrokenSanity

159.jpg

Wrap Battle Special Snowflake Winners
Round 1:
Amilee
Round 2:
Asarena
Round 3:
OswinOswald

329.jpg

Super Raffle Yule Log Winners
Zerous
Mars Adept
Wildtown

301.jpg

Super Raffle Christmas Gold Candy Winners
xlisapisa
ZeldaCrossing64
Biyaya
Emolga59
Mutti
That Marshal Fangirl

158.jpg

Super Raffle Lump of Coal Winners
Rosch
chawwee
Venn
Aquatic_Amy
Shanica92
gigii
kayleee
Mr_Persona
StitchesFan308

Happy New Year, TBT! 🎉

That is us now at the end of not only the closing ceremony but we are also in the final few hours of 2022. We hope that everyone had a fun time joining in our end of year festivities and that you were able to make new friends while exchanging gifts and working together on the team event. We don't know what our first event of 2023 will be yet, but we look forward to seeing you all back here whenever it happens!

Finally, to ring in the New Year, we are re-releasing the Tortimer character collectible!

315.jpg

Head on over to the Shop to pick up Tortimer now for 230 bells.​

Credits

Once again, a big thank you to all of the staff members who volunteered their time to plan, set-up, and run TBT's Season of Giving 2022.

Event hosts: Chris, Oblivia, pandapples, LaBelleFleur, dizzy bone, Justin, Nefarious, Kaiaa
Opening thread: Jeremy
Leaderboards: Jeremy
Closing thread: Chris
Events coordinator and tracking thread: Chris
FAQ thread: Mairmalade
Art coordinator: dizzy bone
Main banner: dizzy bone
Event and thread banners: dizzy bone, Mick
Backdrops: Chris
Gift box collectibles: Thunder
Gingerbread Man and Toy Duck collectibles: Mick
Hot Cocoa, Silent Night Bauble, Red Holiday Candle, and Hanukkah Candy collectibles: Mistreil
Holiday Candy Cane 2022 collectible: Laudine
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg collectible: Oblivia
Technical setup: Jeremy, Oblivia

Congrats to my fellow winners and to the raffle winners too. Thank you for the votes friends! Such an amazing community to raise so much for charity!
@Mutti I seriously can't believe your luck with raffles this year man, congrats!

Thanks to the staff for keeping us all entertained once again, I don't know how you guys keep putting on such massive events. You are all very much appreciated, looking forward to whatever you guys have coming in 2023. Happy new year! 🎆

Thanks for participating in the event, everyone! Also, extra thank you to those who contributed to the community donations for charity during this event.

We should have all of the raffle prizes, final chocolate coin, and bells distributed by the end of the day.

Thanks so much, staff, for another fun event! And congrats to all the winners!!

I was so happy to have both my advent calendar and limerick nominated, and am so thrilled that my limerick ended up winning! I appreciate everyone's votes!! :)

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope 2023 turns out to be a great year!!

Can’t believe I won a Christmas Gold Candy so soon after selling one, no complaints here though as it’s a pretty collectible and I was starting to miss it! Congrats to all the winners, I was surprised I made it to the final voting of Lyrical Limericks at all, let alone having people actually vote for me. Thank you to everyone who voted, I didn’t win but I feel appreciated all the same. This event was super fun and we got lots of beautiful collectibles out of it, thank you for hosting staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back