• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT Valentine's Day Arts & Crafts Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Valentines_2022_banner_transparent.png

Calling all artists, sculptors, crocheters, and mess-makers! This year, we want to celebrate Valentine's Day by seeing your Animal Crossing-themed arts and crafts creations! It is up to you which medium you wish to use as long as it is static (no animations or videos) and visual (no poetry, prose, music, etc). You will have until 11:59pm EST on February 20th 2022 to submit your entries.

This event will be split into three categories: (1) traditional drawing, (2) digital art, and (3) miscellaneous crafts. You may only enter one of the three categories and each one will have its own poll and placement prizes.

Rules

• Entries must be your own work.
  • Entries must fit both the Animal Crossing and Valentine's Day themes.
  • No collaborative projects.
  • Submissions can be hand drawn or digital.
  • Animations are not accepted.
  • You can use craft supplies but cannot use other people's work or any other pre-made components.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • All entries submitted are final. Please do not edit your entry after submission unless asked to by a staff member.
  • Your username must be visible somewhere in your submission.
  • Keep all creations appropriate for a PG-13 audience.

How to Submit

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by 11:59pm EST on February 20th, 2022. In your post, you must state which category you are entering for and your TBT username must be visible somewhere in the image. This can be either on a name card if your submission is physical or written directly on the artwork if your submission is digital.

Submission Checklist:
✅ Your entry meets both the Animal Crossing and Valentine's Day themes.​
✅ You have told us which category you are entering: (1) traditional drawing, (2) digital art, or (3) miscellaneous crafts.​
✅ You have attached an image of your entry.​
✅ You have included your name card.​
✅ It is no later than 11:59pm EST on February 20th, 2022.​

Prizes

Please read this section carefully!

Participation:
heart-crystal.png
14 Heart Crystals.​
Anyone who submits an entry that meets the event requirements before the deadline will receive 14 Heart Crystals. This limited time currency can be spent in the Shop to redeem the new Pavé Pink Feather collectible prize and a raffle ticket for each of our Heart Glow Wand and Love Ball raffles. If you are only interested in one of the two raffles then you may put both leftover Heart Crystals into a single raffle if you wish. If gambling is not your cup of tea, you may exchange your leftover Heart Crystals for forum bells instead. Please note that purchasing two of the same raffle ticket will increase your odds of winning the raffle, but purchasing any more than two will not.

PrizeCost
pink_pave_feather_updated.png
Pavé Pink Feather collectible
heart-crystal.png
12 Heart Crystals​
BellBag (1).png
60 TBT bells
heart-crystal.png
2 Heart Crystals
178.jpg
Heart Glow Wand raffle ticket
heart-crystal.png
1 Heart Crystal​
299.jpg
Love Ball raffle ticket
heart-crystal.png
1 Heart Crystal​

Staff Nomination:
Anyone who receives a staff nomination in any of our three categories will be awarded one of our brand new Pink Love Potion collectibles for their efforts!

Prize
kawaii.png
Pink Love Potion collectible

Placement Prizes:
Anyone who places in the top three in any of our three categories will receive a Pavé Tail Feather collectible and a second Pink Love Potion collectible to share with a friend in the spirit of Valentine's Day! (Or you could keep/sell it if you wish.) Our three first place winners will also receive a virtual cash prize of 800 TBT bells.

Prize1st Place2nd Place3rd Place
1644157899691 (1).png
Pavé Tail Feather collectible
Y​
Y​
Y​
kawaii.png
Pink Love Potion collectible
Y​
Y​
Y​
BellBag (1).png
800 TBT bells
Y​
N​
N​

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Who will decide who wins? The staff or members' votes?

A. The staff will vote internally to nominate entries. The entries with the most staff votes will then go forward to a public poll within a couple of days of the contest closing. The recipients for the first, second, and third place prizes will then be decided on by the community.

Q. When will voting end and prizes be distributed?
A. March 1st 2022.

Q. Will the prizes be giftable?
A. The Pavé Pink Feather and Pink Love Potion collectibles will not be giftable when the event starts, but will become giftable after the event ends. The Pavé Tail Feather will not be giftable.

Q. Can I put all 14 Heart Crystals into the raffles?
A. Purchasing two of the same raffle ticket will increase your odds of winning the raffle, but purchasing any more than two will not. Attempting to increase the odds beyond two entries will result in wasted Heart Crystals.

Staff Credits

Banner Artwork: Mick
Pink Love Potion collectible: Laudine
Heart Glow Wand collectible: Thunder
Pavé Feather collectibles: Chris, Thunder
Planning & set-up: Chris, Jeremy

Wooooo, this looks like a lot of fun. I already have several ideas in mind for what to submit. :D

Yay!! A new feather 😍 and omg the chance to win a heart wand? 🥺🙏💜

Tysm to our amazingly wonderful staff team. Lonely singleton on Valentine’s but this event is fab ❤️

Just a question? When will we be able to display Valentine’s roses?

ahhh omg the pink collectables match my pfp!!

edit : and how do we get heart crystals?

ahhh omg the pink collectables match my pfp!!

edit : and how do we get heart crystals?
Anyone who submits an entry that meets the event requirements before the deadline will receive 14 Heart Crystals.
Post automatically merged:

OMG THOSE PRIZES @_@ (Cries in Heart Glow Wand)

Question for the staff: would I be allowed to plan out my entry digitally, then print it, and color it traditionally to enter it into the traditional art category? Or would that not count because of the partial digital art aspect?

Last edited:
Question for the staff: would I be allowed to plan out my entry digitally, then print it, and color it traditionally to enter it into the traditional art category? Or would that not count because of the partial digital art aspect?
If you wish to enter the traditional drawing category your entire entry would need to be done traditionally.

NB: Entries won't be accepted tonight. We weren't expecting entries to come in this quickly so the reaction that automates currency delivery isn't set-up yet. 😅

hello! i love- LOVE- having the different art category divisions!! 😻

hoping next to see a fourth category added in future, for Power Tools/Carving Knives/Machining creations
ke1ZMz4.png

hello! i love- LOVE- having the different art category divisions!! 😻

hoping next to see a fourth category added in future, for Power Tools/Carving Knives/Machining creations
ke1ZMz4.png
If you've a specific material or method you wish to discuss feel free to DM me. We may be able to accept it under miscellaneous crafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back