• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XVII - Kissing to be Clever [Game Over/Town Win]

We've had nearly 72 hours though.

ya but still its easier for me to read him once u know ppl start to Die and ****

the last time tom was scum he wasnt very active on D1 from what i remember? he seemed really apathetic, and he still kind of is.

toms really apathetic in mafia so its hard to get a read on him for me bc he just wants to lynch annoying people as usual so as i said its easier for me as days go by

That isnt exactly a main 'suspect' in my eyes, its just one person trying, and failing to lynch another.
Justice, I, and until very recently Ashtot are/were all on pillow. The vote was actually 1 vote away from majority - which is closer than the chees wagon has ever got.

And to my incredible chagrin, Toms play this game is very different tonally and activity-wise than it was last game. That being said, I don't think his play this game is incredibly objectively scummy and I'm going to hold off and maintain my steady sail towards bunny isle - I suggest a few join me. Given how much I've posted on bunny, the wagon not having dominated yet is.. curious, to say the least.

Oh yeah my Town->Mafia list currently goes:
Bunny------>(Forek?)-->(Tom?)--->Karen/Hika/chees-->nulls>----->Ashtot----->Justice
It's really rough but I'm not gathering my thoughts enough to fix it. (?) names could easily fluctuate to the other side of the nulls list than I've put them on. Really uncertain on those names, for explainable reasons.

All I'm going to say is that if Tom does flip town then we're going to be pretty far behind. I really think you should hold off on him until he's had more chance to alignment tell.

I'm off to bed: If you're undecided between the numerous decisions then I suggest going along with mine (pillow bunny) since

a) I started the Forek wagon and I've decided it's bad news myself, so I'm not writing that off because it's a counter wagon, I'm writing it off because I was there, I provided the logic and now I'm saying that the logic has plenty against it to not be worth committing to

b) The Tom wagon is bad since Tom is hard enough to read that several of the people presently lynching him were attempting the same thing last game when Tom was town and whereas this game the push seems way more reasonable and has way more behind it I still think that holding off there for a day can only benefit the viability of the lynch or lack thereof. There's no reason we can't pursue that later when he's alignment told more and pursue a player who's alignment is much more apparent in their earlier posts today

c) chees is being pursued for lack of commitment and general bad logic which is fine, but weak logic. Both of those aspects easily come from a new town player, even if they're more likely to come from a mafia member - the difference isn't that much which makes voting chees a 'gamble'. I really don't think it's worth gambling away our day 1 lynch when if we're wrong this is easily the worst one to be wrong on. We'd gain nothing tomorrow and

d) Bunny actively contradicted themselves three times over the course of the posts I posted on why they were mafia. Three times. Let that sink in a little bit. Once is chance, twice is suspicious, three times is egregious. If you don't believe me just hunt down the only post in the thread where I bothered to bold something. (Funnily enough, the bolded part is the part you're looking for.)

i dont get ur list r u saying u think me and ash r scum ???? </3

go to bed abe!!! its so late stop saying up til like 6am

EBWOP 3 hours to go guys, if the vote is drawn at the day flip I will slice someone open with some form of cutlass or another. PS don't let it happen.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh yeah and that's a Mafia->Town list not a Town->Mafia list. Nice catch Justice!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now, I'm actually taking my leave. Night peeps.

So, I think there are 3 main people up for being lynched (?). They are forek, chees4mees and Tom. I think I believe Forek's claim for now, mainly because the name sounds about right (although the name could be his mafia name moved onto a new role), so I'm not really going to vote for someone I believe to be town. To me, chees seems like a new player, and I think that they are trying at the moment, so I don't think I'm going to vote for them (sorry dont know gender).

And that leaves Tom. I haven't really seen a proper case against him, and it just seems like a bit of a random lynch to me? That being said, I have looked at previous games of him being mafia, and can see some similarities to this gameplay. For example, in Faithful June, he was very much leader-y and he also joked around about being mafia. He has definitly joked about being scum, and I sense a similarity in his posts, so I will be voting for him.

Sorry SP.

I don't understand why you brought up Faithful June. Yeah he was scum, but how the hell is he leading anyone in this game? He jokes around as town too, so the constant gifs and memes I wouldn't use as evidence.

Your opinion on pillow?

If Tom gets lynched and flips mafia, then well I'll stop being mean to Dylan. And man I joke about wanting to lynch Tom a lot, but I don't want to right now at least.

Not that my opinion seems to matter all that much, but I'm voting Forek because I don't feel right guessing strategies from games I wasn't part of AKA Tom (that seems to defeat the point of this single game) and Pillow (although I understand the contradiction case, that just seems to be a way to back up the different game-style suspicion), Cheese seems to just be innocent and confused (he has just acted in defence of Forek's weird accusations), and I've already listed why I am suspicious of Forek. :)

If Tom gets lynched and flips mafia, then well I'll stop being mean to Dylan.

Lies and unfaithful promises.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Discredits himself

Don't see how that was scummy though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And Endless the problem with that argument against a Tom lynch is that you're going to wait the entire game for Tom to alignment tell. He may be quiet and useless these days, but he's still good at concealing his alignment through that. In fact that's what I've been getting at this whole time, and then some with what he's actually contributed.

Lies and unfaithful promises.

i would never lie to you dylan, <3. (well besides those 2 times as mafia i got you to trust me as town LOL)

And Endless the problem with that argument against a Tom lynch is that you're going to wait the entire game for Tom to alignment tell. He may be quiet and useless these days, but he's still good at concealing his alignment through that. In fact that's what I've been getting at this whole time, and then some with what he's actually contributed.

I disagree, it's a lot easier to tell what he is later in the game. Though I don't want to say how you can tell because then I feel like if he was scum he would avoid doing that, lol. But if you really want to get rid of him now, then whatever. I'll just say compare XCOM to either Madoka Magica or Sunleuth. I get a different vibe from him in both those games, but that might be because I have really good luck when it comes to my gut in those games. Besides Madoka, since I hosted that.

You're forgetting one of the most unforgettable and important games in tbt mafia history: Jonas Brother's Mafia, where we both knew it was Tom right away.

You're forgetting one of the most unforgettable and important games in tbt mafia history: Jonas Brother's Mafia, where we both knew it was Tom right away.

i dont remember playing jonas brother mafia
?????

- - - Post Merge - - -

thanks oath2order for the tbt mafia wiki. its very helpful. unban him so he can edit it LOL

OH YEAH WE DID PLAY THAT that was a SS3 YOU ****ER I ONLY LYNCHED HIM COZ IT WAS FUNNY

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO LYNCH FOREK I THOUGHT WE ALL MOVED PAST HIS BS AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

But in all srsness this does seem pretty bad for me to jump on the tom wagon. We all know day 1 lynches will always(?) fail, but i have the feeling it won't this time. and im not saying this to save me from dying.

But in all srsness this does seem pretty bad for me to jump on the tom wagon. We all know day 1 lynches will always(?) fail, but i have the feeling it won't this time. and im not saying this to save me from dying.

actually my day 1 lynches normally catch scum ;)

I am going to vote for Tom. I am almost running of battery on my phone and I will explain my reasoning when I get home.

isnt day over
well id rather have tom lynched over forek so sorry tommy :/

Back