• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia V: Cell Experiment [Game Over/Mafia Win]

The leader isn't a huge role, basically just deciding the order of the groups to get lynched in? For some reason I don't think this is a huge issue / deciding factor but I think I'm missing something :eek:

The leader isn't a huge role, basically just deciding the order of the groups to get lynched in? For some reason I don't think this is a huge issue / deciding factor but I think I'm missing something :eek:

I disagree. I think the order could make a big difference. e.g. certain groups should be left until later so we have more posts to analyse in order to get an idea of the players' alignment. For example, Group E is filled with people who are often inactive (well, besides yourself) whereas the other groups have more active players.

I disagree. I think the order could make a big difference. e.g. certain groups should be left until later so we have more posts to analyse in order to get an idea of the players' alignment. For example, Group E is filled with people who are often inactive (well, besides yourself) whereas the other groups have more active players.

Oh, makes sense but last few games I suggested to lynch inactives many people disagreed, soo yeah :c but thanks for clearing that up! so who do you guys think should be leader? looking at it now group e is probably going first?

are we going to do it in order of inactiveness or something else?

Alright, so the teams all look quite balanced. Thanks, random generator!
This is definitely a whole new way of thinking in mafia, and I like it. Basically, in this game, if you're a townie, one of your team mates is mafia, one is townie. That means, in my case, I know either Jer or Prin is mafia. Now, the mafia are definitely going to be more careful this game than ever; there is no doubt about that.
Although you have no reason to trust me yet, I'm going to be going for leader. I will put my own group up for first lynch, putting both myself and my teammates at risk. This will be beneficial for the town because:
-I know that I am not mafia, so I have a 50/50 chance of hitting scum.
-It will give other groups more time to try and figure out scum. With 1/3rd of the players in the game mafia, the votes will sway easily. Bandwagoning is not an option. Go with your gut and your OWN reasoning. Trust no one else, especially if multiple people message you about the same thing from different groups. If you bandwagon, it's likely that the mafia will have influenced who you're voting for, considering they make up a lot of the posts that will be in this game. You can not trust the thread, because it will be a lot of deception.
-If I perform a successful lynch for my group, myself and the other member will be proven

Now, while many of you may be questioning why I'm going so hard at becoming leader so fast, I am sure many of you would believe me when I say that I suck as mafia, and if you already are picking up negative vibes from me, you're probably going to be correct. Hopefully, with my outward posting style, no one will actually have suspicion on me this game. If you recall in Mafia VII, no one found me suspicious at all until Karla, the godfather, came out and confused me. Thankfully, we have no Karla this game. Please vote for me, and I will try to lynch scum efficiently and will be involved in a lot of PM interrogations.

Thanks!

This might be too early to jump on somebody...
but Jeremy pretty much just voted for Trundle straight away, which seems sort of scummy to me because

1) it's like less than an hour into the game and he voted for Trundle without listening to any other possible leader candidates that may come up later
2) did not post why he supports Trundle
3) it would be an easy way for mafia to slip through by posting early

I do think that it would be sort of stupid and brash for Mafia to vote without saying anything though...like Trundle said, mafia will definitely be more careful this game since it's an entirely new way of thinking. Also, if Trundle does become leader and his group goes first, Prin will have to speak up. This could be hard because she is currently in the Animal Crossing Mafia as well as hosting her own mini mafia, and that could potentially cloud our judgement since she truly is busy -- or you could nominate her to be lynched first simply because she is too busy to play.

Oh and regarding Trundle's post, he does seem pro-town but by all means do not forget him when we are choosing a candidate from his group (assuming he becomes leader).

I'm not even going to bother advocating for myself to be the "Leader" because honestly, we all can instruct anybody into organizing the groups in anyway we want. However, I do feel that Group A or Group B should be placed last since hey both have two strong players in it (Kaiaa and Tina; Jubs and Superpenguin).

I wouldn't advise a group with a single strong member be placed last just due to the fact that that player could be mafia and could easily persuade one of their weaker teammates. There's also the possibility that by the last group, where there will only be three votes, someone would be too quick to vote and vote for the wrong person that the mafia would easily be able to jump on board with that and get the last point.

However, we are only playing to three points, keep in mind, so it is very possible we don't cycle through voting in all the groups.

- - - Post Merge - - -

When the players of a group are taken out, are their roles revealed?

[18:34] <TrundlePC> why don't you have the risk of dying at night?
[18:34] <Superpenguin> Cause there is no night
[18:34] <TrundlePC> whoa what
[18:35] <TrundlePC> frig wow
[18:35] <TrundlePC> can't believe i missed that

This just seemed similar to when I told Tina(Mafia) in MM3 that I was roleblocked twice in a row and she was in a state of disbelief. Obviously, as mafia, she knew that the roleblocker could block twice in a row and was just trying to cover it up by pretending to be shocked.

I would think that since Night has been such a big component for the Mafia in past games, the mafia would have definitely been told they have no KP, and Trundle was just trying to cover it up to act innocent.

Okay, I am really only posting this cause I don't want to save those quotes and felt this may be useful later. :)
Just the first thoughts to cross my mind when I saw Trundle's response.

If I was too busy to play I would have never signed up :3

I think Jer voted for Trundle just because of the fact that he accused him. Probably just rash behavior or something, but I will def keep him on my radar.

If I was too busy to play I would have never signed up :3

I think Jer voted for Trundle just because of the fact that he accused him. Probably just rash behavior or something, but I will def keep him on my radar.

I'm not sure what world you're living in, but neither of us have accused each other.

I don't really know everyone strengths here since this is my second game so would someone be willing to figure up who our strongest team mates are? We might be better off deciding group order as a whole first since all the mayor does is confirm our order.

I don't really know everyone strengths here since this is my second game so would someone be willing to figure up who our strongest team mates are? We might be better off deciding group order as a whole first since all the mayor does is confirm our order.

I actually like that idea. I think we should do that instead of just picking someone and having them decide it themselves.

I want to ask why you vote for Trundle, I have a feeling you have a reason since you, Prin and Trundle are in group D. or you thought that it's a majority lynch.

RIP English so proud!

I personally think that Kaiaa would be a good candidate for Leader, because she played a great game in the first mafia game she played. Karen would also be a great idea. :3

Back