• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia V: Cell Experiment [Game Over/Mafia Win]

Just some feedback ( I unno if anyone's mentioned any of this - too many pages to look through ):

They needed something more to talk about. There was no basis for discussion to occur. Usually we rely on deaths, blues interfering with the game & people nominating others to get lynched .. to create discussion. So what do we do for a game like Cell Mafia?

My idea was to make the groups bigger .. have it at a ratio of 1:5 for example. Each group can consist of 1 Mafia player : 2 Blue players ( 1 Doctor / Veteran + 1 Detective ) & 3 Townies = total of 6 players per group. At the beginning of the game there will be the nomination of a leader who will put the groups in order. Then there will be one Night Phase (the only one for the entire game). Players have to focus on their own group only and have to submit actions accordingly. They basically have one night to get things done right to find the Mafia in their group. Then groups will go up in the order they were chosen, to lynch someone. Mafia players can get together in the Mafia chat to help eachother work through their groups for that one Night Phase. First team to 2 points, win (assuming 18 players with 3 groups).

Something to encourage discussion in the groups.

Ex: Group A

The Mafia player from Group A decides who ( one person obviously ) within the group dies, or whether they will withhold KP. The Detective inspects someone from that group & the Doctor protects someone from that group.

This might be too easy for Town to win .. I'm really not sure. Especially if blues roleclaim to the right people. I feel like something like this would encourage a lot more discussion to happen per group nomination though. Which is what the game lacked.

There has to be incentive for Mafia to make kills though. I was thinking something along the lines of: if a Mafia player kills a Blue role successfully, then if they are inspected they would return Town aligned for that one Night Phase. It's basically the blue sniping that Mafia teams usually have to do. If they kill the Detective, even better for them. Can someone improve on this part though?

One of the biggest problems is that the discussion thread would get really messy. I guess they have to work in PMs until it's their turn to discuss it in the thread? Not sure how to solve this issue. I'm sure players are going to want to start discussing right away after the one Night Phase .. but we can't force them to have to PM to play the game. MEH. :L

Just brainstorming. Yeah I'm pretty much complicating the game a lot more.
:d !!
Feel free to take my idea & improve on it.

[18:24] <oath2order> Honestly, Karla, I could probably see one type of blue working for this game: Shuffler. A role that re-shuffles the people in the groups.

Wanna throw this out there and see what everybody else thinks.

Last edited:
Back