• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Mafia IX: The Apocalypse [Game Over/Town Win]

If theoretically, there's two watchers, and they watch the same person, will they be told of the other watcher?

If a watcher watches a player they will be told a list of every person that has performed an action on that player during that night phase.

Last edited:
The blue role I was in contact with was not the DT. It was the Prophet. The players that used actions on Superpenguin were Justin and Sway. One of them killed Superpenguin, and the other may be the Framer or a DT.
Although I do not think it was wise to forward this information just yet, since one of the two people involved is most likely innocent, there is still hope that Tom is on the right track here and we had 2 different Watchers go for SuperPenguin on the same night. If either Justin or Sway is a Watcher, they'd then have the name of PurplPanda's source AND could therefore prove to that person that they're innocent. Through the process of elimination, we would then know who killed SuperPenguin, and PurplPanda could forward that information to us - And if we lynch that target today, then we would lower the total deaths occurring per night by one, and we would have a confirmed townie for our angels to protect as well as an established line of communication between the two Watchers, who would not need to doubt each other.

But it all hangs on that "If they are a Watcher" detail - If they're a detective or something instead, the entire plan falls apart.

- - - Post Merge - - -

By "Watcher" I of course meant Prophet. Sorry about that.

Well I'm pretty sure one of these so called Prophets is lying, but I'm going to try and dance around this delicately.

Not sure which info has been public and which hasn't as I've been communicating through PMs, but to clear things up, I'll confirm that I did target SP as I used my vig shot last night on him.

guys I've been trying to catch up here and there all weekend. Got some spare time so I will post some thoughts later on.

First though, we should probably focus on everyone that jumped up against Superpenguin. Remember how I said we should forget the whole aggressive thing and move on? Yeah, majority of the playerlist didn't and the rest are dead now so just bear it in mind.

Not sure which info has been public and which hasn't as I've been communicating through PMs, but to clear things up, I'll confirm that I did target SP as I used my vig shot last night on him.

Shooting on night 2? What's wrong with you?

grrr this is so frustrating
Obviously, it's possible here Jubs is scum, but could have just hid it under vig after he saw the thread due to Purpl leaking the information. I was trying to PM him last night on the IRC but he was AFK.

grrr this is so frustrating
Obviously, it's possible here Jubs is scum, but could have just hid it under vig after he saw the thread due to Purpl leaking the information. I was trying to PM him last night on the IRC but he was AFK.

He seemed pretty reluctant to communicate in irc to me before. That is, besides the usual 'r u scum' banter.

We have lost a lot of town today, so I think we need to work hard on this lynch. I have been looking at Oaths (Famine) posts and he has mentioned that BBG and Ashtot dont need to be inspected. Is he protecting them? Is one of them Death?

We have no mafia evidence at the moment, so it could be good to get those pesky horsemen away.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, he has been talking about Pally. I have a hunch that she is red/yellow.

We have lost a lot of town today, so I think we need to work hard on this lynch. I have been looking at Oaths (Famine) posts and he has mentioned that BBG and Ashtot dont need to be inspected. Is he protecting them? Is one of them Death?

We have no mafia evidence at the moment, so it could be good to get those pesky horsemen away.

Ashtot died last night and was a Nurse, so it isn't really certain that BBG is a Horseman based on what oath2order said alone. We have to be really careful on who to lynch since last nights deaths were pretty disastrous...

Ashtot died last night and was a Nurse, so it isn't really certain that BBG is a Horseman based on what oath2order said alone. We have to be really careful on who to lynch since last nights deaths were pretty disastrous...

Oh yeah, ashtot died...

That logic is almost always hit or miss, from my look on past games. The possibility that Mafia trying to frame others is still a bit likely, though. I noticed a lot of the people who died made lists so perhaps the Mafia is trying to make it seem the people in those lists (the most commonly said were Waffles, PurplPanda, and Mskisstoefur) are scum, so they have something to hide behind during the lynch.
Or, if one of those players are Mafia, I guess they were just desperate to get the strong players out first.

That logic is almost always hit or miss, from my look on past games. The possibility that Mafia trying to frame others is still a bit likely, though. I noticed a lot of the people who died made lists so perhaps the Mafia is trying to make it seem the people in those lists (the most commonly said were Waffles, PurplPanda, and Mskisstoefur) are scum, so they have something to hide behind during the lynch.
Or, if one of those players are Mafia, I guess they were just desperate to get the strong players out first.
Yes, I totally agree. I think Purpl is suspicious, but it could just be his new play style.

Yes, I totally agree. I think Purpl is suspicious, but it could just be his new play style.

He did say last game or so that as long as we gave him a chance to be better, that he would play better. Purpl is probably trying to keep that promise, which he is doing a good job of honestly.
He did leak all that information about the Prophet though.

I can only agree that leaking potentially at least one Blue will only hurt us. Next time, keep names anonymous and PM them instead. I'm more surprised, Purpl, that you would actually do something like that, it was more of a reckless move than anything.

I believe a Vig/JoAT who shot one of the deceased needs to claim (more particularly a one-shot Vig, claiming two-shot/JoAT is suicide). Assuming no protections were successful (counting Karen as a "death"), the Horsemen made a shot, and depending on whether or not Jubs shot SP, there's either one or two unresolved deaths. I could be wrong though, correct me if I am.

Trundle, I'm still looking forward to the case you said you were going to bring up.

Trundle, I'm still looking forward to the case you said you were going to bring up.

Yeah, sorry. Purpl ruined the opportunity. The deaths were pretty random, and I'm assuming it was just an attempt to get rid of good players and to try to frame me, as I usually work with Ashtot and Minties in the game. I'll try to pick out what I can, but this days lynch isn't going to be much unless someone else can help me out with some cases.

Yeah, sorry. Purpl ruined the opportunity. The deaths were pretty random, and I'm assuming it was just an attempt to get rid of good players and to try to frame me, as I usually work with Ashtot and Minties in the game. I'll try to pick out what I can, but this days lynch isn't going to be much unless someone else can help me out with some cases.

Feel free to ask me for help. However, I haven't really communicated all too much behind the scenes, so if you want someone who does, you'd want someone else.

Back