• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia TBT Mafia General 2.0 - Setups/Bans/Info/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punchy I think you're getting to know MU's meta well but if you want to be taken seriously you need to work on having good grammar and not just posting in vague/gut one-liners or people who don't know you won't follow you on things in a more competitive environment. The Championship game is an entirely different ballgame than a Mash. So you definitely need to show analysis and explanation of your reads if you're sure about participating. Advancing has a lot to do with impressing your fellow players and a jury of some really skilled people this year. I'm not trying to attack you here, just warning and letting you know what type of playstyle I observed advancing in my experience last year.

If you're sure and nobody else wants to I'm fine with it and can sign up as your sub. I'd fight you on it if irl wasn't going to **** but my father is likely going to be in the palliative care stage by the time the championships are happening.

Last edited:
Punchy I think you're getting to know MU's meta well but if you want to be taken seriously you need to work on having good grammar and not just posting in vague/gut one-liners or people who don't know you won't follow you on things in a more competitive environment. The Championship game is an entirely different ballgame than a Mash. So you definitely need to show analysis and explanation of your reads if you're sure about participating. Advancing has a lot to do with impressing your fellow players and a jury of some really skilled people this year. I'm not trying to attack you here, just warning and letting you know what type of playstyle I observed advancing in my experience last year.

If you're sure and nobody else wants to I'm fine with it and can sign up as your sub. I'd fight you on it if irl wasn't going to **** but my father is likely going to be in the palliative care stage by the time the championships are happening.

ok sure

i'll try not to be as bad as I usually am

I've only played mafia on here one time, now nearly three years ago, and I couldn't handle how involved other people got and it was hard for me to keep up as well, and ultimately that's how I got voted out despite me getting an innocent role.

I'm getting more open minded about trying again, but it largely seems like that mafia has faded on here in its popularity in contrast to the one time I tried it out in 2016 (keep in mind, I had never played mafia IRL until a year before that, so I wasn't exactly the most experienced player, either).

I play Town of Salem a lot now (began playing at the end of 2016 and played quite a bit until halfway through 2017, then I didn't play again for over a year, nearly a year and a half), largely playing ever since I started college in August (seems backwards I know, but matches on the game generally don't take long), and while I don't mean to be making a long post about an irrelevant matter, I'd like to know what mafia is like now compared to three years ago. I honestly couldn't really handle a lot of the vitriol back in 2016 so I'm hoping it's gotten better since, even though it seems like mafia is largely dead compared to three years ago.

Last edited:
Are you that guy I got lynched just because you said 'Uh...' ?

Are you that guy I got lynched just because you said 'Uh...' ?

First of all, I want to apologize for how this reply is kind of late, I don't check this section of the forum very much...

I may have been, it was so long ago that it seems like a distant memory to me. (If you were playing mafia in 2016, that is) I just remember that it turned out I got voted out despite being innocent and people kept accusing me of being "scum" (which does seem to happen in Town of Salem but not quite to the same extent that it happened on here). I don't know, I just kind of want a more relaxed experience rather than one where it seems so cutthroat. Granted, that's unlikely to happen...

Last edited:
Very sorry for that. v_v

But yes, cutthroat is more or less the name of the game from opposing factions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back