• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Tarantulas and Scorpions

nice catch! scorpions are pretty cool, i'd rather have that as a house pet instead of the tarantula haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

yep~ I might honestly just put my net in a letter since i don't use it as much.

I have all my tools in letters! Including the wetsuit and axe. Makes it a little tedious to check my mailbox but whatever! :)

I order so much stuff in my mail so it would be a mess LOL.
But it would definitely help when I want to catch a bunch of bugs/fish or move flowers without dropping my items on the ground each time.

Lol scorpion is the last bug I need, any tips on catching them, also does putting designs on the ground affect their spawn rate.

Man, I hate tarantulas and scorpions. Mostly tarantulas. I see them and I just freeze and by the time I'm not frozen terrified of the giant spider, it's in the river. I kinda hope NH has a way to trade bugs or fish or something, or lets us donate to other islands museums, cause I am not sure I'll ever catch a tarantula. XD

Though... does anyone have any advice for how to catch them, assuming I can actually not freeze up? How do y'all do it?

I've only managed to catch them both in one town, and that was when it was just a town to dump stuff in, so there was plenty of spawn room.

I hate them so much, not because they are scray, but because they are so dumb. I don't have my net
with me -> One of them appears out of nowhere. I have my net with me -> Tarantula/Scorpion decides
to jump into the river or runs into a bush, no way to catch it at all. No wonder that I have no chance
to complete my encyclopedia more if these two kidding me the whole time.

Back