• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Switch Accessories

Dunquixote

I am Furrdinand von Aegir!
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Froggy Easter Egg
Yellow Crescent Moon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Red Super Star Trophy
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
I’ll be purchasing a new switch soon and so I’m thinking about wanting to get a dock charger and case to put my switch, controllers and games in. Also, I want a pro controller since the joycon drift on my switch lite was really annoying. Does anyone have recommendations what companies make the most durable, protective (storage/carrying case) and longest lasting products? Any other accessories you recommend?

And for discussion sake, what ones do you have and use?

Edit: I just put my order in! Also bought the Splatoon 3 pro controller, Zadii storage case and the Nintendo docking station as an early birthday present 🙂. I’d still like to hear what kinds of accessories would be good to have and what you’re all using.

Last edited:
Niiiice. I'm guessing it's a regular model? Or is it an OLED one?

I switched (bu dum tss) to the OLED model a few years ago. It's not anymore powerful than the original I don't think, but it definitely looks a lot nicer and the extra battery life is nice. It's not a must buy, but it isn't exactly an impractical purchase either in my opinion. For the case, I ordered an Orzly carry case from amazon which is a pretty nice case if you go out with your switch often. In MY case though, it collects dust since I usually leave my switch in it's dock anyway.

Now, as far as accessories go: If you play switch online or plan to, I'd highly recommend an ethernet cable. It'll make big difference with your online connection. Make sure it's long enough to reach your router. If you're getting the OLED model, there's an input in the dock for you to plug your ethernet cable in. If you're gettiing the first model one though, you'll need an adaptor as well but they are pretty cheap.

Another thing I'd recommend is a decent size SD card for your games. You may have to transfer your files from your Switch Lite. I forgot how I did it but I think I transfered the game files one by one.

Niiiice. I'm guessing it's a regular model? Or is it an OLED one?

I switched (bu dum tss) to the OLED model a few years ago. It's not anymore powerful than the original I don't think, but it definitely looks a lot nicer and the extra battery life is nice. It's not a must buy, but it isn't exactly an impractical purchase either in my opinion. For the case, I ordered an Orzly carry case from amazon which is a pretty nice case if you go out with your switch often. In MY case though, it collects dust since I usually leave my switch in it's dock anyway.

Now, as far as accessories go: If you play switch online or plan to, I'd highly recommend an ethernet cable. It'll make big difference with your online connection. Make sure it's long enough to reach your router. If you're getting the OLED model, there's an input in the dock for you to plug your ethernet cable in. If you're gettiing the first model one though, you'll need an adaptor as well but they are pretty cheap.

Another thing I'd recommend is a decent size SD card for your games. You may have to transfer your files from your Switch Lite. I forgot how I did it but I think I transfered the game files one by one.

I’m not sure what model it is; I got the Animal Crossing bundle; I didn’t see it mention it anywhere.

Thanks so much! :D that is very helpful! I’ll look into that when I can. I have a decent size sd card; both the one I’m using now and one that I haven’t used yet. 🙂

I'd be careful about those splatoon 3 pro controllers, there are a lot of fakes floating around out there. I'm not sure where to find a real one, I tried buying one before and it turned out to be a fake. I gaveup on the idea and just ended up buying a 2nd joycon. As far as other accessories, I'd highly recommend getting caps for the joycon sticks. I also have a nice hardshell dock cover. I have one of those official Nintendo stylus from Japan which works well although the touch screen isn't used much on many games. I managed to get a 'Nintendo Live 2023 Seattle' case at that event and love it, looks good and has a useful little stand.

I'd be careful about those splatoon 3 pro controllers, there are a lot of fakes floating around out there. I'm not sure where to find a real one, I tried buying one before and it turned out to be a fake. I gaveup on the idea and just ended up buying a 2nd joycon. As far as other accessories, I'd highly recommend getting caps for the joycon sticks. I also have a nice hardshell dock cover. I have one of those official Nintendo stylus from Japan which works well although the touch screen isn't used much on many games. I managed to get a 'Nintendo Live 2023 Seattle' case at that event and love it, looks good and has a useful little stand.

Thanks for letting me know! I had no idea that there were fake pro controllers. Mine already came. How can I tell if it is a fake?

IMG_7290.jpeg

IMG_7291.jpeg

Mine looks legit, I think?

Here is the box:
IMG_7292.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know! I had no idea that there were fake pro controllers. Mine already came. How can I tell if it is a fake?
Actually looks more legit than the one I managed to get. From what I can tell, the colors seem right. In my case all the colors were off, the splat pattern was a light grey that was hard to see in contrast to the background which was nearly the same color and too opaque, and the design smudgy/misprinted in a few spots. Also it had a different shade of blue, and green rather than yellow. The only thing I would question is the box. If you're trying to get a different region one that could be legit, I don't know what all the different region boxes look like. I was trying to buy a US one. That's supposed to have small text in 3 languages on the left side and bottom on front of the box, where the one I got had that text missing and had a Japanese splatoon3 logo on the lower right instead. Also the front image was faded. There should be 2 transparent seals on the top flap of the box and those were missing on mine as well. I was too scared to connect it to my switch but from what I have heard, fake ones either won't update the controller firmware or will register as a different controller, often don't read amiibos, and the rumble doesn't work normally. Hope that helps, also maybe check out some unboxing videos on youtube to get more of a comparison.

Actually looks more legit than the one I managed to get. From what I can tell, the colors seem right. In my case all the colors were off, the splat pattern was a light grey that was hard to see in contrast to the background which was nearly the same color and too opaque, and the design smudgy/misprinted in a few spots. Also it had a different shade of blue, and green rather than yellow. The only thing I would question is the box. If you're trying to get a different region one that could be legit, I don't know what all the different region boxes look like. I was trying to buy a US one. That's supposed to have small text in 3 languages on the left side and bottom on front of the box, where the one I got had that text missing and had a Japanese splatoon3 logo on the lower right instead. Also the front image was faded. There should be 2 transparent seals on the top flap of the box and those were missing on mine as well. I was too scared to connect it to my switch but from what I have heard, fake ones either won't update the controller firmware or will register as a different controller, often don't read amiibos, and the rumble doesn't work normally. Hope that helps, also maybe check out some unboxing videos on youtube to get more of a comparison.

Thanks so much! That does help a lot! The box was supposed to be in english but it came in japanese and the qr code led me to korean nintendo site. that is pretty suspicious. Idk if that is enough reason to return it though.

I just tried scanning an amiibo using rhe register amiibo and it didn’t work on the controller so it’s a fake.

Are controllers ordered from a storw like walmart guaranteed to be legit?

Last edited:
Are controllers ordered from a storw like walmart guaranteed to be legit?
Not sure about that one, I know the fakes can be found at a bunch of different stores online. I'd read some reviews. Avoid amazon for sure (good for some stuff but not this item particularly). I've given up trying to seek one out because of the hassle involved. If I had to guess maybe you could find someone selling a used one on somewhere like ebay or mercari. The only place I'm positive you could find a legit pro controller is the official Nintendo store but they only have the grey one.

Not sure about that one, I know the fakes can be found at a bunch of different stores online. I'd read some reviews. Avoid amazon for sure (good for some stuff but not this item particularly). I've given up trying to seek one out because of the hassle involved. If I had to guess maybe you could find someone selling a used one on somewhere like ebay or mercari. The only place I'm positive you could find a legit pro controller is the official Nintendo store but they only have the grey one.

Thanks so much! I found one on play-asia; I asked around here and was told that the controllers they sell are legit.

Back