• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Super Mario Maker Course Sharing & Feedback Thread

If anyone wants to see some of the Bowser Junior bosses, I made a video showing all the Bowser Jr. bosses in all 4 games styles.

Hadn't uploaded in a while
Cave Of Pain:
ID: 2FC5-0000-01A8-88AA

Be the first user to complete it!.

Hadn't uploaded in a while
Cave Of Pain:
ID: 2FC5-0000-01A8-88AA

Be the first user to complete it!.

Looks like I'm the first user to complete the stage. A review will be coming in the next few days, since I'm getting busier soon.

Also worth noting that the servers are suddenly down for around two days just to fix a glitch that happens in Create Mode. Wonder what was the glitch in question.

hiya, if anyone is good at puzzle levels, maybe try this and let me know how to beat this level, cause i'm lost
A62A-0000-0180-D545 - strange vision (all the comments are in japanese, so no help for me -_-)

but it's interesting, so i'd like to figure it out. also there's some graphics that i haven't seen before in it like peach riding a bowser etc..

Last edited:
I made another Zelda Level! I know, I know, I've already posted two, but this one is a bit different. It's called My Zelda Overworld. I decided to make a 2D Zelda level like the original Zelda NES, A Link to the Past, and others. Sadly I cannot take credit for this Zelda idea, since I saw a level on Youtube like this, but as a remake of the first game. BUT, mine is still different. This is more of "explore" instead of just "finish", and it is NOT really Hyrule. It's more of just a random adventure. There is obviously is a finish line and also, there is a 500-sec time limit, but you should have more than enough time to see everything. There will be some small challenges, but I wanted to take a different direction from the dungeons I've done. And due to it being a tad bit long, there is a checkpoint. Anyway, let me know what you think and enjoy!

Level: My Zelda Overworld
Course ID: BB26-0000-01AF-ED8A

It has been a while since I last posted a level to get reviewed, but I have a few new levels.

Yoshi Station
ID: B6EB-0000-010A-EF4C
Description: The concept of a "station" was first introduced to me by some of my friends from reddit. A station is basically a theme where you can post your levels or play levels that others have posted that match the theme. For instance, a Yoshi station is a theme where levels posted should be Yoshi themed whether it is an amiibo Yoshi or Yoshi in the SMW or New Super Mario Bros styles. Even if you don't have a level that matches the theme, you can also enjoy Yoshi artwork. This is actually my most creative level.

Deal or No Deal
ID: C43A-0000-0114-8CA3
Description: A level based off of the game show "Deal or No Deal." In this level, there are 26 ? blocks with various good and bad cases. There is also one case that gives you an item that you need to reach the exit. As this game show always has a twist, you should prepare for the unexpected.

Smash 64- Race to the finish!
ID:42B0-0000-0139-A250
Description: This is based of the Smash 64 3rd bonus game. This course is actually a reupload to include actual bumpers this time.

Can you escape the Hail Storm?
ID: 2249-0000-0166-97C3
Description: It's basically self explanatory

Breaking through to Bowsers Lair
ID: B8B6-0000-017E-2176
Description: A reupload to make this level harder. I already know what you are going to say for the first section, so there is no need to review that particular segment again since I didn't change that section. I completely redesigned Bowser's Lair, so I would really like my review to be based on Bowser's Lair only if you don't mind. This redesign was made for players with a super expert skill level. This is my hardest level yet.

My brother and I just got the game, but I became kinda crazy while doing levels, and only uploaded my two personal favorites:

-The Great Aerial Offensive: 9C32-0000-01B6-030D

This is a 2D shooter, using the Fire Throwing Clown Car.

-Trick House: 7E16-0000-01B6-C1C0

Just your good ol' Ghost House.

I hope you enjoy them and give us a star if you want to see more crazy stages like these ones!

Last edited:
I came back from my one week vacation to Orlando's Walt Disney World Resort, and boy that was worthy! Today, I completed the strange vision level that shunishu requested and provide a solution. Feedback for all of the levels after my previous post (including Iggy Koopa's Cave of Pain) will come in the following days.

hiya, if anyone is good at puzzle levels, maybe try this and let me know how to beat this level, cause i'm lost
A62A-0000-0180-D545 - strange vision (all the comments are in japanese, so no help for me -_-)

but it's interesting, so i'd like to figure it out. also there's some graphics that i haven't seen before in it like peach riding a bowser etc..

I went and checked this level, and it took me around 30 minutes to figure out what to do. You actually need to be small Mario in order to complete the puzzle. Once the solution is found, the RNG aspect of Bowser will be the only problem to the execution. If you mess up in any other situation than destroying both Course Blocks from the above right room before letting one explodes next to the goal pole, you can use either the door (whenever accessible) or the pipe. If you still haven't figured out that one, I'll give you the solution in spoilers.

The first thing you want to do is to hit the POW block that comes out of the Bill Blaster while Bowser is in the air by jumping on it. Alternatively, you can just run towards it. Both of these methods will allow to get rid of the Muncher that blocks Bowser from moving backwards.
Next, immediately head the to left and wait for Bowser to embark on the regular Koopa Clown Car and spit some bombs. Hopefully, the RNG will correctly line both of the Koopa Clown Cars in a way that it won't bounce the Bob-Ombs the wrong way.

You want to attract Bowser without having the next one following him. The catch is, you have to get rid of the left course block from the above-right room first if it hasn't been done yet, so the other Bob-Omb could fall, turn to the left and move close enough to the second Course Clock next to the Goal Pole. Once that's done, break the second Course Block from the above-right room after that, so the Fire Koopa Clown Car can descend. A second Bill Blaster may fall during this process, which will allow you to enter in the otherwise inaccessible door by inching close enough to the door despite lacking floor right below it.

As you enter through the door, another Bill Blaster will appear in the below-right room to where you blasted that Course Block earlier, which fires a Mega Mushroom at you. Carry the Fire Koopa Clown Car next to it, so the mushroom will take over it (cuz video game logic) and shoot fire at you. Purposefully get hit, take the door and head to the lime green bar, which is the goal pole.

Even if I really messed up the explanation a bit, you should get the main idea on how to clear the level. I do have to admit that having a good knowledge on how the course elements actually work will help you a lot.

I'm trying to create a level that involves a thorough and newcomer-friendly spin jumping tutorial for players who never knew anything about spin jump, given that the part where many people died on my level called "Twisted Plants EVERYWHERE! v1.1" where the level's thumbnail image refers to. I get the feeling that they either didn't tried hard on that particular section or that they didn't have the habit to spin jump wherever needed, even though they knew how to do that already as they got past the quick and dirty spin jump reminder at the start of the level.

At the start of the level, I would force the player to Damage Boost through a thorny enemy by simply having them to land on them without spin jumping. Then, they have to grab Super Mushroom to break the flip blocks with spin jumping while not letting the players to backtrack once they begin breaking them. Then, they'd fall on a hole full of thorny enemies without knowing that would happen beforehand. Therefore, they'd learn Mario can land on these foes without being damaged while the spin jump is initiated.

I want the players to distinguish the differences between a normal jump and spin jump, so they get to know the benefits of doing so. A spin jump gives Mario's jumping height of 3 blocks, while the regular one is one block higher without running (5 with running). Spin jump also provide a slightly more floaty air hang to compensate for the low jump height.

Now to think how I could transform this tutorial into a traditional Mario-styled level... This is going to be tricky.

Hey I was wondering if you could look at some levels I made. Even though you have a lot on your plate. Thanks!

0713-0000-01BF-46C8
Everything wrong with this game.
Why sugar coat it. This level is awful. The only thing it's missing is it being a water level. (This level sucks on purpose.)

5B95-0000-01BE-FE24
The Conveyor Belt Conundrum
Messing around with the belts and made this. Could probably be better.

583A-0000-01B9-D9F0
Tall Track Time!
Tried to somewhat follow the Nintendo formula. Proud of this one.

C10D-0000-01A0-68DB
Jumping Challenges: Pick a Path!
A level based off jumping and spin jumping. Varying degrees of difficulty.

Played all of your levels up to this point. Here comes a feedback for each level I played.

@Iggy Koopa:
Cave of Pain is considerably easier and more fun than your first level ever, for a Kaizo-like level. But there's still some progress to do if you'd want your players to enjoy your level. Let's start with one level design oversight:

In the P-Switch jumping section, there's one part of it where the camera doesn't pan far enough to see some of the spike traps from below, even when landing on P-Switches. I thought that what seemed to be holes were shortcut, but they turned out to be unintentional traps instead. It's worth noting that not many players knew they could immediately jump off from the switches, let alone react immediately before the game won't register a jump.

Another issue with the level is important to mention, since your first level was also plagued with the lack of cohesiveness and identity. It still boils down on "getting ready for whatever stuff I throw at you" type of level, where players are expected to know how things work right off the bat. It ain't enemy spam for certain, but that level design doesn't exhibit much creativity and make the entire level feels boring and disjointed in practice. Just like the first level, players will have a hard time remembering they played this level.

Take a look of one reddit comment about making a level for the player other than yourself. It does have quite a bit of strong language in it, but this'll help you considerably how to design difficult but enjoyable stages. The 6th level design point is debatable, since it assumes that powerups are strictly finite, but the level design could have a powerup generator or plenty of the same required powerup to render that point moot.

@Matt0106:
I don't have much to say about the level, since it's well-designed for the most part. Rewards are thoughtfully placed where they should be, so that every bit of exploration is well worth the effort.

My only concern with the level is that in one of the subarea rooms, Bowser's flames can appear despite being in another room. It's possible to fix by having Bowser himself completely on the left of the map, thus preventing flames from appearing anywhere. It's still up to you whether you see it as an intentional challenge or not.

@AkatsukiYoshi:

Yoshi Station: Given that the entire level is about pretty Yoshi pixel arts and the subarea basically being a directory of Yoshi-themed levels, I don't have anything to say here of course, ha ha!

Deal or No Deal: The luck-based concept isn't even remotely bad at all; the player can always get rid most of the randomness ensured by the wrong question blocks by running far to the left to despawn them. Be sure that doesn't happen to the P-Switch, which is necessary for completing the level. There is no indication that you need to leave the coin trail alone and hit the only P-Switch in the level, which may render the level unwinnable. Maybe add more P-Switches in the boxes, or even make a wall of brick blocks that blocks the exit instead of having to transform the coin trail. Had the execution properly done, it would end up being a more enjoyable level.

Smash 64- Race to the finish!: Outside of the bumpers, the level pretty much remains the same as the previous version, so whatever I said to the older version applies to this version as well. I do have to mention that I cleared the level so many that I unintentionally raised the level's clear rate by about 7% or so, just to have the world record. I did it, with 0.021 less seconds than the previous record holder. The key for that success is to stay on the ground as much as possible and wall-jump to descend to the next floor to beat the level in less than 18 seconds.

Can you escape the Hail Storm?: Ironically, this is one of the cases where real life knowledge applies to video game as well. If I could just not drive until the hail storm is over, I also can do that as well in this level. It also seems possible to rush through the stage and avoid the hail, as someone with a world record of 25 seconds can attest.
The funny thing that happened during my playthrough, is that the hail actually crushed one of the Hammer Bros., something that I don't see that often when I play the levels.
Anyway, the level is quite original and memorable and doesn't overstay its welcome. I suppose it wouldn't hurt adding some secrets in it, as the level is rather linear for the most part, but I've certainly enjoyed playing this level.

Breaking through to Bowsers Lair: Whatever I said about the Magikoopa section from one of my previous posts applies in this version as well. As for the modified parts, I would say it would be nice to add a second checkpoint after the Bowser Jr. fight, since the blue skull raft section is particularly tough, probably because of the enemies placement that made the jumps trickier. If having more checkpoints was your intent, you could add one next to the first pipe and move the subarea's one further in the dungeon.
Once the player grabs the Cape Feather, the rest of the level is all smooth sailing, which is much appreciated after the tough sections.

I also saw you've proposed this level to WhiteHawke's Challenging Level, as well of the hail storm stage on Normal Level. Can't wait for the YouTuber to voice his own opinions about these levels and see how similar his thoughts are compared to mine. I've only submitted Sweeping Snake Block Fortress as a Normal Level, as I feel confident that he might like this one.

@MeatBicycle:

The Great Aerial Offensive: I have to say that the difficulty is well-handled and consistent throughout the stage, especially that it gives powerups at the right moments. There is only one instance where the difficulty might be a bit much for some players, which had a lot of stuff going on to dodge while they're busy destroying the course block wall right before the checkpoint. Even the section where Bowser's RNG flames appear is more reasonable.
This short level is indeed fun!

Trick House: Yes, it is a typical Super Mario Ghost House level, although not short of fun when it comes to exploring the level a bit. Again, the difficulty is consistent and makes the overall level enjoyable. There's some replay value in it too, with its multiple routes and secrets galore.

@Hippofalcon:

Everything wrong with this game.: I see that one of my levels gave an inspiration for this one, which makes me proud of myself. As I said on Miiverse, it might as well be a 100 Mario Challenge Simulator, more specifically the random levels you'd find on Easy and Normal difficulties. Here, these common level design mistakes are condensed into one very short level to compensate its meaner aspects, although the level itself isn't necessarily difficult.
Well, that level was really worth playing for its educational purpose.

The Conveyor Belt Conundrum: I'm having a hard time to lay my finger on which part(s) of the level should be improved, as I thought I enjoyed this level. The homing Bullet Bills are actually posing me a bigger threat than they usually are in many other levels featuring them, especially since the corridor's height is a bit tight. Solid level design right there!

Tall Track Time!: Structurally, this a level that would fit on your average Super Mario Bros. game, especially in the Star Worlds. The difficulty is well-handled in a consistent manner, safe spots are well-placed and the secret areas do add some replay value for the level. For some players, jumping on a moving one-square wide block might prove to be very difficult, especially a bit after the first checkpoint.
I have to concur with you for the level being your best efforts so far.

Jumping Challenges: Pick a Path!: The level itself is very short, as the player only have to pick one path, do the quick-fire challenge and it's over. Though, there is a couple of issues that could ruin the level.
First, success in two of the paths (Chain Chomp and Wiggler) depends mostly on RNG, which is frowned in a challenging level. Maybe I could be wrong about the Wiggler one, but I'm fully aware that the movement of a Chain Chomp attached to a wooden post is purely based on how close it is to Mario and the RNG. It might be wise to revise these sections to remove the luck reliance.
Another problem with the level is that Goombas can drop and block the only exit pipe of the subarea. It's especially irritating when a player came from the Piranha Plant challenge and see the Goombas already blocking their only way out, therefore rendering the level's unwinnable. Adding a block or something to prevent the Goombas from falling would be a very easy way to fix this shortcoming.

Played all of your levels up to this point. Here comes a feedback for each level I played.

@Iggy Koopa:
Cave of Pain is considerably easier and more fun than your first level ever, for a Kaizo-like level. But there's still some progress to do if you'd want your players to enjoy your level. Let's start with one level design oversight:

In the P-Switch jumping section, there's one part of it where the camera doesn't pan far enough to see some of the spike traps from below, even when landing on P-Switches. I thought that what seemed to be holes were shortcut, but they turned out to be unintentional traps instead. It's worth noting that not many players knew they could immediately jump off from the switches, let alone react immediately before the game won't register a jump.

Another issue with the level is important to mention, since your first level was also plagued with the lack of cohesiveness and identity. It still boils down on "getting ready for whatever stuff I throw at you" type of level, where players are expected to know how things work right off the bat. It ain't enemy spam for certain, but that level design doesn't exhibit much creativity and make the entire level feels boring and disjointed in practice. Just like the first level, players will have a hard time remembering they played this level.

Take a look of one reddit comment about making a level for the player other than yourself. It does have quite a bit of strong language in it, but this'll help you considerably how to design difficult but enjoyable stages. The 6th level design point is debatable, since it assumes that powerups are strictly finite, but the level design could have a powerup generator or plenty of the same required powerup to render that point moot.

@Matt0106:
I don't have much to say about the level, since it's well-designed for the most part. Rewards are thoughtfully placed where they should be, so that every bit of exploration is well worth the effort.

My only concern with the level is that in one of the subarea rooms, Bowser's flames can appear despite being in another room. It's possible to fix by having Bowser himself completely on the left of the map, thus preventing flames from appearing anywhere. It's still up to you whether you see it as an intentional challenge or not.

@AkatsukiYoshi:

Yoshi Station: Given that the entire level is about pretty Yoshi pixel arts and the subarea basically being a directory of Yoshi-themed levels, I don't have anything to say here of course, ha ha!

Deal or No Deal: The luck-based concept isn't even remotely bad at all; the player can always get rid most of the randomness ensured by the wrong question blocks by running far to the left to despawn them. Be sure that doesn't happen to the P-Switch, which is necessary for completing the level. There is no indication that you need to leave the coin trail alone and hit the only P-Switch in the level, which may render the level unwinnable. Maybe add more P-Switches in the boxes, or even make a wall of brick blocks that blocks the exit instead of having to transform the coin trail. Had the execution properly done, it would end up being a more enjoyable level.

Smash 64- Race to the finish!: Outside of the bumpers, the level pretty much remains the same as the previous version, so whatever I said to the older version applies to this version as well. I do have to mention that I cleared the level so many that I unintentionally raised the level's clear rate by about 7% or so, just to have the world record. I did it, with 0.021 less seconds than the previous record holder. The key for that success is to stay on the ground as much as possible and wall-jump to descend to the next floor to beat the level in less than 18 seconds.

Can you escape the Hail Storm?: Ironically, this is one of the cases where real life knowledge applies to video game as well. If I could just not drive until the hail storm is over, I also can do that as well in this level. It also seems possible to rush through the stage and avoid the hail, as someone with a world record of 25 seconds can attest.
The funny thing that happened during my playthrough, is that the hail actually crushed one of the Hammer Bros., something that I don't see that often when I play the levels.
Anyway, the level is quite original and memorable and doesn't overstay its welcome. I suppose it wouldn't hurt adding some secrets in it, as the level is rather linear for the most part, but I've certainly enjoyed playing this level.

Breaking through to Bowsers Lair: Whatever I said about the Magikoopa section from one of my previous posts applies in this version as well. As for the modified parts, I would say it would be nice to add a second checkpoint after the Bowser Jr. fight, since the blue skull raft section is particularly tough, probably because of the enemies placement that made the jumps trickier. If having more checkpoints was your intent, you could add one next to the first pipe and move the subarea's one further in the dungeon.
Once the player grabs the Cape Feather, the rest of the level is all smooth sailing, which is much appreciated after the tough sections.

I also saw you've proposed this level to WhiteHawke's Challenging Level, as well of the hail storm stage on Normal Level. Can't wait for the YouTuber to voice his own opinions about these levels and see how similar his thoughts are compared to mine. I've only submitted Sweeping Snake Block Fortress as a Normal Level, as I feel confident that he might like this one.

@MeatBicycle:

The Great Aerial Offensive: I have to say that the difficulty is well-handled and consistent throughout the stage, especially that it gives powerups at the right moments. There is only one instance where the difficulty might be a bit much for some players, which had a lot of stuff going on to dodge while they're busy destroying the course block wall right before the checkpoint. Even the section where Bowser's RNG flames appear is more reasonable.

Trick House: Yes, it is a typical Super Mario Ghost House level, although not short of fun when it comes to exploring the level a bit. Again, the difficulty is consistent and makes the overall level enjoyable. There's some replay value in it too, with its multiple routes and secrets galore.

@Hippofalcon:

Everything wrong with this game.: I see that one of my levels gave an inspiration for this one, which makes me proud of myself. As I said on Miiverse, it might as well be a 100 Mario Challenge Simulator, more specifically the random levels you'd find on Easy and Normal difficulties. Here, these common level design mistakes are condensed into one very short level to compensate its meaner aspects, although the level itself isn't necessarily difficult.

The Conveyor Belt Conundrum: I'm having a hard time to lay my finger on which part(s) of the level should be improved, as I thought I enjoyed this level. The homing Bullet Bills are actually posing me a bigger threat than they usually are in many other levels featuring them, especially since the corridor's height is a bit tight. Solid level design right there!

Tall Track Time!: Structurally, this a level that would fit on your average Super Mario Bros. game, especially in the Star Worlds. The difficulty is well-handled in a consistent manner, safe spots are well-placed and the secret areas do add some replay value for the level. For some players, jumping on a moving one-square wide block might prove to be very difficult, especially a bit after the first checkpoint.

Jumping Challenges: Pick a Path!: The level itself is very short, as the player only have to pick one path, do the quick-fire challenge and it's over. Though, there is a couple of issues that could ruin the level.
First, success in two of the paths (Chain Chomp and Wiggler) depends mostly on RNG, which is frowned in a challenging level. Maybe I could be wrong about the Wiggler one, but I'm fully aware that the movement of a Chain Chomp attached to a wooden post is purely based on how close it is to Mario and the RNG. It might be wise to revise these sections to remove the luck reliance.
Another problem with the level is that Goombas can drop and block the only exit pipe of the subarea. It's especially irritating when a player came from the Piranha Plant challenge and see the Goombas already blocking their only way out, therefore rendering the level's unwinnable. Adding a block or something to prevent the Goombas from falling would be a very easy way to fix this shortcoming.

Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Sorry I always have Zelda levels xP It's just because using a different platform opens up new opportunities :) And sorry for Bowser; that wasn't intentional :p

Last edited:

@Iggy Koopa:

@Matt0106:

@AkatsukiYoshi:

@MeatBicycle:

@Hippofalcon:

Thank you for looking at my levels. I'm glad you really liked them. (3/4 starred... I did something right!) I recently posted two new courses but I don't really need them reviewed. I'll take a look at jumping challenges and rework it some. Thanks so much!

I wanna get back into Super Mario Maker but there are so many other games like Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8... Help me!

I wanna get back into Super Mario Maker but there are so many other games like Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8... Help me!

Maybe trying the recommended courses from Super Mario Maker Bookmark will help you keeping interest in the game. Most of the featured levels I've played are usually league better than the "best" levels I could find in-game. Here's a few I played that I suggest you try them out:

Platform Panic

Inspired by the level 1-6 from Super Mario Bros. 3, this traditional level has you jump platform to platform and dodge Koopas and Grinders. The difficulty is well-balanced throughout the stage according to standards set by the classic NES video game.

Teamwork Castle

Help your shelled fellow by triggering contraptions, so you can advance through the stage. Don't worry about failing, as I've found it impossible to get stuck in an unwinnable situation.

Super Wario Land

Traverse a level where it would belong to any game from the Wario Land franchise. There's an interesting twist near the end of the stage that usually happen in Wario Land 4 and Shake it!/The Shake Dimension, where you rush all the way back to the start of the level for the very first P-Door to lead you right next to the flag pole.

Boring Menu-Based Combat

What if Mario had to settle in a simplistic RPG boss fight outside of Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series? This ingenious level is the answer to the question. Defeating Giant Bowser can take you a long while, especially as you have to dodge his flames, hit the Buzzy Shell whenever possible, and grab Fire Flower whenever needed.

Bouncy Trial

The entire level obviously revolves into one course object called Bumper. In this challenging but forgiving level, you have to time and control your jumps properly in order to progress. The stage periodically throws you something new to the table, and the difficulty raises in a naturally progressive manner.

Firefight at the 8-Bit Corral

This level won't waste your time immersing you in Far West throughout every playthrough. The thematic is consistent and the gameplay fits it very well. It's not a difficult level by any means, but I sure had a lot of fun playing it.

Gear Bouncer:
ID: F592-0000-01AC-2760

Flappy Mario: (Quite easy)
ID: 26D8-0000-01B2-5C58

Shells & Switches:
ID: CE94-0000-01CD-A3CD

This is my hardest level to date, it took me 1 hour to make this but it took me 5 hours to beat and upload. I have uploaded many hard levels in the past couple of months but i finally uploaded my hardest level...yes.

My fingers hurt

Last edited:
Hey, I saw you played (and starred) my 1 Screen Parkour level. Yay :). So out of curiosity, I wanted to see what you like about it. Using this hereCourse Idea Generator found in this Reddit Post I was able to get the inspiration. You should give it a try!

I gave my view on the daily level sharing from /r/MarioMaker, which is quoted below:

Well, what a challenging one-screen level we have here! Had to set my mind as a speedrunner, so I could avoid the last few Spike Tops before reaching to the door. The level's short length ensures it won't overstay its welcome for far too long, despite the level of precision and speed required to beat this one.

Well I'm glad to see you joined the Reddit community. :) Glad you liked my level! This was actually the first time I posted in the level sharing. I was surprised to see that you of all people ended up playing my level. Again, thanks!

01ED-0000-0090-A27B

First stage I ever fully finished. (Can't do anything about the green line at the bottom sadly.)

Last edited:
[...]

01ED-0000-0090-A27B

First stage I ever fully finished. (Can't do anything about the green line at the bottom sadly.)

I got around and played your stage. For your very first stage, it's a solid effort. The difficulty is nicely balanced throughout the stage, despite the lack of checkpoint resulted from being a level uploaded before November 4th 2015. Though, there are some areas that might be problematic:

- In the section where players are normally suggested to enter into a pipe, they can completely skip it by using the vine early enough. Even the invisible blocks can't prevent the players from exploiting the possibly unintended shortcut.

- One of the rooms inside a train contains a pipe spawning upside down Buzzy Beetles that's too close to the end of the tight corridor. Unless that pipe is offscreen and the player quickly run and slide underneath the tight passage, the upside down Buzzy Beetle will always fall and hit Mario as soon as he gets out of the corridor. Either get rid of Buzzy Beetle or move the pipe a bit further away from the end of a tight corridor.

- The giant Magikoopa can get rid of the ? Block containing Yoshi, although it's fairly unlikely for most players, since their first instinct is to hit the block. Maybe have the Yoshi Egg outside of the block.

- In the giant Magikoopa section, getting in to the secret area and backtracking takes a long while. The player might eventually feel like they took the wrong way. A good bonus room shouldn't take too long for the player to check the room and get out of there.

Back