• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Stuff You've Never Noticed?

At first I never realized you could get items sometimes by looking in villagers' drawers while in their houses haha.

Wow, I never knew that. I've yet still need to see all of the dialog when you open a villager's drawer as each personality has their own drawer dialog (at least in the GCN game).

...the one who conduct the train could be the missing jock villager Champ the whole time.

That is most likely not Champ. I'm pretty sure he is called Speaker (yes, that's probably his actual name due to the fact that he is the speaker of the train) and he is most likely Porter's brother (Porter's e-reader card mentions he has a brother). Besides, both Champ and Porter appeared in the Wii U app 'Animal Crossing Plaza', where they both had different birthdates.

"This is nothing! I'm in top form today!" - Champ from Animal Crossing: The Movie, after falling into a pitfall twice in a row.

Few people talked about it...
But during the new game and amiibo update first run we can see a monkey conducting the train and Porter was already in his spot when the player reached the town.

Considering it, the one who conduct the train could be the missing jock villager Champ the whole time.
It's quite noticeable actually.

... I actually never realised you could only plant cedars in the north of your town. I didn't catch on why they died when I planted them lower!!

... I actually never realised you could only plant cedars in the north of your town. I didn't catch on why they died when I planted them lower!!

exactly what i was gonnda say! such a weird and frustrating quirk of the game

Oh? I didn't know this was the case, interesting! I've always planted them towards the north because I felt it made the most sense but I had no idea that they wouldn't grow in the south, period. Pretty cool, but I can see why it might be frustrating.

Oh yeah! I never did much landscaping early on, so I didn't find this out until much later too. I wish cedars could be everywhere, it would make my town feel much more like real life.

It took me a while to notice the stags in the Museum are, for lack of a better word, wrestling. They just beat eachother on a loop and it's insane o-o All the little details in the museum are wonderful--- I've noticed it before, but the fact you clasp your hands together and whisper when you're wishing on the shooting stars is just so precious <3

Found out the sliding puzzle works. One of the villagers gave it to me so I put in room. Found out it moved.

Since the update I found out the Judge Bell does something. I was visiting Sydney a couple of days ago and went to hit the bell.
My player did something before hitting the bell. Spent time playing with it and should have been talking to Sydney.

Your character will shiver if they eat ice cream in the winter.

And after the update, if your character jumps off the dock or hill into the water. They will have their eyes closed.

Back