• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Starting a second town - any suggestions?

lea

Bells
Cake
Gold Super Mailbox
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Silver Mailbox
5 Envelopes
So, my sister just brought me a second NL, which I've wanted ever since I got my first one. :D. Are there any things I should do or not do? Do I get another set of 4 different maps if I reset? Is there any way to transfer bells, etc, from my first town without a second ds? Any mistakes I don't know about yet, but should really avoid making?

And if my Mayor moved in from my first town, would my first town disappear?

Last edited:
Yes you can reset and get new maps.
Unless you could borrow a friends ds i do not believe so
My mistake was letting someone pick my first map for me..... It's a pain to work with...
Do's and not do's.... All I can really think of is keep resetting until you find a map you REALLY feel is right and if you must play around in it a bit like when you start if you don't like it reset again that's what I did. Don't just rush onto a map like i did the first time...

Your Mayor from your first town cannot move to the new town. But if you have an alt in your town, they can move to the new town and become the mayor there. That is what I've learned at least by reading up on the matter.

Yes you can reset and get new maps.
Unless you could borrow a friends ds i do not believe so
My mistake was letting someone pick my first map for me..... It's a pain to work with...
Do's and not do's.... All I can really think of is keep resetting until you find a map you REALLY feel is right and if you must play around in it a bit like when you start if you don't like it reset again that's what I did. Don't just rush onto a map like i did the first time...

Thanks, I won't. :) I'm not really happy with my map in my first town, I thought the four that showed up were my only choice, until I visited dream towns and saw that they had different maps, some that I really liked.

Back