• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Competitive Splatoon 3 (Competitive)

I actually think that’s a good idea, as people who swapped out frequently and played very few matches are at a disadvantage points wise as opposed to people who stayed in the room for half or most of the session.

Like Box I am also a bit confused about the swapping part. I thought we have to stay on the full hour (like in mk8). At the end it felt like a friendly session with so much swapping? I chatted with a team mate afterwards and we had the idea that if a match has high interest and lots of people in the queue, maybe it would make sense to introduce a cap of how long/how many matches everyone plays to give everyone a fair fighting chance.

I’m aware that it’s hard for the host to keep an overview how long each member has stayed so it’s down to the players to be fair and actually make room after reaching the cap… alternatively it might work if full rooms swap out entirely after say 15 minutes and fill the room with newcomers in set timed intervals? That way more people have a chance if matches have high interest like yesterday. Just some ideas, I know it’s a lot to structure it all so keeping an eye on this is probably a lot to ask! 💚
I agree with this!
I personally want to swap out for people since they didn't get a chance to play but I ... also want points! But.. so does everyone else..
(so I'm also happy to see it's not being viable anymore)

It'd be a lot to organize though and it'd be hard to pull off due to there being only one mod during a session and there's bound to be 100 things going wrong during it that I feel like it almost won't feel worth it- especially for 1 hour sessions... IDK... it'd be a lot of chaos

This is just me rambling but it'd probably be better if there was two member of each team in a match? So the numbers are even?
At one point, it seemed like there was soooo much of one team in the match! It felt a little unfair when there was a team with only one or two people and both of them couldn't even be there at the same time? I think Aquilla's 15 minute idea is nice, I'd probably extend it to 20 minutes if it were me!

BUT.... if the intention of the sessions are to run exactly as how the friendlies are- then...
I don't see a problem with how it's being run currently. It only being unfair surrounding the point system and the solution is already in effect.

I think it's hard to make a Splatoon competitive challenge with how the Friendlies are being set up though. Cause it's so casual and plus team comps kind of matter... and people knowing how modes work....
so I personally think a sign-up w/ a teammate tourney style would be nice! But- again. Lots of organizing and people being unhappy that they don't have a chance to play.

I'd like to clarify that my intention is to not complain!! Just talking about it!! Organizing, keeping track of and trying to make people happy is hard!!!

Last edited:
Update as of 26/5/2024: (Hopefully the last!) Sorry for all the small changes to Splatoon - we are trying to make sure that our Competitive sessions are as fair as possible considering how many members on each team have Splatoon.

• We will be playing randomized stage Turf War only (TBTWC Splatfest).
  • Each member signed up for a session will play a maximum of 4 games each
    • (5 points for participation and 12 points maximum for wins per session)
  • The session will stay open for around 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours but may close early if all members in the lobby has played their 4 games and we cannot find any members to switch in.
For proof of submission: we'd like to see a screenshot of one of your battles with a timestamp.
Score.jpg

In-Game Name: Millie
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW - 4952 - 7362 - 8022
TBTWC Team: Team 1
Time slot(s): Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDT
(If I can wake up for 8am 😂)

In-Game Name: digimon
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6775-6293-0897
TBTWC Team: poyo puffs!
Time slot(s): 3AM 😵 i can make it and stay for the full session but i'm definitely gonna have to set an alarm for it! probably several alarms LOL

Date and Time​
Host​
📹 Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDTPyoopi

In-Game Name: Mokuren
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 1228-4557-4697
TBTWC Team: 1
Time slot(s):

Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDT (12AM PDT)Pyoopi

In-Game Name:Rainy
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-1901-9180-8235
TBTWC Team:2
Time slot(s):
Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDT (12AM PDT)Pyoopi

In-Game Name: Box
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: edit later
TBTWC Team: Team 1
Time slot(s): Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDT

oh my God I can make this one with confidence

I'm usually awake anyways

In-Game Name: skar ☆ミ.*。#2750
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8528-2451-8409
TBTWC Team: 2
Time slot(s): 📹 Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDT (12AM PDT)

finally gonna put my 1,200+ wins on turf war to use 😭 😭 😭

In-Game Name: Chonky Cat
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-0539-7834-1593
TBTWC Team: Team 3
Time slot(s):Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDT

Last edited:
Finally, a session that agrees with my time zone! 🥳
In-Game Name: Yanrima
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-0559-6214-2705
TBTWC Team: Yoshi's Islanders
Time slot(s):
📹 Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDTPyoopi

In-Game Name: Airysuit
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 1998-7475-0583
TBTWC Team: 3
Slots:
Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDT

Oh yay! I hope I can play in this one:
In-Game Name: Aquilla
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: have everyone added
Time slot(s):

📹Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDT PyoopiDoo, Mokuren, MrBox
Rainy.Nights, skarmoury
digimon

In-Game Name: ChibiHoshi
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1477-8899-8956
TBTWC Team: Team 1 / Squirtle Squad
Time slot(s):
Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDTPyoopi
Wednesday, May 29 2024 @ 11:00 p.m. EDTPyoopi

In-Game Name: ShelliBean
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6597-6032-8705
TBTWC Team: Hacha!
Time slot(s): 5/28 3am, 5/29 11pm

In-Game Name: rosetti
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 3600 7065 9527
Time slot(s): i actually can't do any of the slots! I'm either at work or asleep, hopefully some weekend slots pop up ?
can I please signup to the Tuesday session?

In-Game Name: Zettra
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:2944-5199-8685
TBTWC Team: Ha-cha!
Time slot(s):
Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDT (Asia / Oceania friendly)
Wednesday, May 29 2024 @ 11:00 p.m. EDT

In-Game Name: jeff
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5377-1941-9305
TBTWC Team: team 2
Time slot(s):
Wednesday, May 29 2024 @ 11:00 p.m. EDT

In-Game Name: jiny
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5353-8576-4020
TBTWC Team: poyo puffs
Time slot(s):
📹Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 3:00 a.m. EDT (Asia / Oceania friendly)*Pyoopi
📹Wednesday, May 29 2024 @ 11:00 p.m. EDTPyoopi
i may or may not still be awake for the 3am one lol but i’ll sign up just in case

In-Game Name: Mr.Fox
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: Will update if necessary
TBTWC Team: Ha-Cha!
Time slot(s): Wednesday May 29 @11PM (may be late due to Mario Kart)

In-Game Name: Chere
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 4419-3536-8691
TBTWC Team: Poyo Puffs
Time slot(s): 📹 Wednesday, May 29 2024 @ 11:00 p.m. EDT

Back