• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Smash Bros Sora Revealed as Final DLC Character

airpeaches

wee one
Bells
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Lost Star Fragment 002.AN
Yellow Crescent Moon
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Shooting Star
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
20211005_110203.png

Haven't seen any other threads on this, but reroute me if I'm mistaken! Anyone excited for Sora's addition to Smash?

I love Sora as a character and seeing how excited my brother was for this addition just makes me really happy for him to be added. Objectively, my brother and I both know another swordfighter wasn't what the game needed, though, so he wasn't the best choice even if I think he's a fun and cool addition.

I'm curious as to how the Smash players of TBT feel about this reveal!

Yeah! I'm a little disappointed it's not Waluigi lol but Sora's cool and I'm actually surprised he hasn't been in the game until now so I'm satisfied!

I loathe Kingdom Hearts and am personally not interested, and kind of disappointed in Sora's inclusion being the final sendoff, but I'm nonetheless happy for those who do actually like the Kingdom Hearts series getting their desired character in the game. We're wrapping up with an 89 character roster, and there's a whole bunch of other characters I'm happy to play, so it's whatever. Hopefully everyone who wanted him in the game will enjoy him!

I don't play Smash anymore, but if I did, I'd be super hyped for this! I'm glad to see him in it regardless, even though there are loads of sword users, I've always thought that Sora would be a perfect fit in the game.

I’ve never played a KH game, so I have no strong opinion either way on Sora, I’m just wondering how much they had to pay the house of mouse to get him into the game and to have the mickey ears on the keyblade is all.
There were definitely other characters I would have preferred, but I’d rather replace Byleth and Pyra for them than Sora.

I don’t own smash but if I did I would be pretty happy about this. I am a fan of kingdom hearts. I haven’t played every kingdom hearts game in the series but for the ones I have played I’ve enjoyed them.

I’ve never played a KH game, so I have no strong opinion either way on Sora, I’m just wondering how much they had to pay the house of mouse to get him into the game and to have the mickey ears on the keyblade is all.
There were definitely other characters I would have preferred, but I’d rather replace Byleth and Pyra for them than Sora.
Seriously they had to pay SE and Disney. Two different companies. I doubt Sora will ever see the light of Smash again on that alone. Still pretty cool that he got in.

On another note, out of all the mii costumes it really does look like they put the least faithful rendition on Geno's and from what I recall he was really close to one of the most voted for smash fighters. I have no strong opinion if he were to really make it in or not, but that does have to sting for the fans who were rooting for him.

I guess it's technically Square Enix, not Sony, approving this crossover, but it's still weird seeing a Playstation character in a Nintendo game.

What a great addition honestly! He's been so long requested for Smash that it's a great way to end it with him as the final fighter. I enjoy the Kingdom Hearts series a lot even though I haven't played through it all the way. I need to check out the gameplay soon.

I never played KH but I knew of the game. I would've preferred Waluigi to be the last fighter, but if I couldn't get him, Sora would be a good option next, so I am satisfied. I think it is one of the best options they done in either packs.

I am more interested in the KH games coming to the switch though. I'll have to look into that.

I guess it's technically Square Enix, not Sony, approving this crossover, but it's still weird seeing a Playstation character in a Nintendo game.
It definitely is strange seeing a PS character, felt so strange seeing him next to Mario and Kirby and such. 😂

I expect they had to pay a LOT, especially for that small mickey head keychain cameo in the opening..

I can understand not having Sora as a first choice as the last character, but I agree with @DarkDesertFox , him being so heavily requested makes him a good finale in my opinion!

I was really happy for the stage soundtrack choices as well. Hand in Hand is one of my favorites, it encompasses the KH feel so I'm so glad they included it. Also really happy with the outfit variants they included for Sora. They seem to have worked hard to implement him well, I'm glad to hear a generally good and neutral reaction for him!

Who am I going to eat ice cream with?

Jokes aside it’s alright. Not a KH fan but he probably wasn’t the best pick to be the final character IMO.

Who am I going to eat ice cream with?

Jokes aside it’s alright. Not a KH fan but he probably wasn’t the best pick to be the final character IMO.
Yeah, they for sure could've picked someone different that would've better balanced the game out or brought something much-needed to the game. But with their trend of choices for DLC characters, I don't know if that's what they've been aiming for..

Not particularly excited for this character myself as I feel there’s an overabundance of sword-users already in the game, but I’m happy for those that wanted him.

Back