Cool Feather
Glam Feather
Sweet Feather
Star Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
June Birthstone (Pearl)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
This might be an unpopular opinion but I think some Nook Miles achievements are too easy. Not the catching bugs and fish ones, even after playing for two years and finishing my museum I'm less than halfway to finishing the last goal for fish and only one third of the way there with bugs. But some goals, like the cooking related ones, are all so easy and I find it to be boring.

I understand that a lot of goals are easy to get nook miles in early game, I am not opposed to that. My issue is with tiered goals where the last goal is too easy. It's fine to get an achievement after crafting 5 DIY recipes, but the last goal should be a challenge!

The ones I find the easiest (that should be more difficult) are the folllowing:
- Have a nice DIY. last goal is collect 200 unique DIYS. Even before 2.0 we had over 600 DIY recipes in the game, only collecting one third of that for the last achievement of collecting DIY recipes doesn't seem enough.
- Writing a Cookbok?. Same thing here, last goal is 50. We have 141 recipes. WHY do we only have to collect a bit over a third of the recipes for the last goal?
- Mmm-Mmm.Miles! This one is about cooking. Last goal is 500, I might just be a huge fan of cooking but I'm close to hitting it and I don't feel like I cook that much. It would have been more fun if it was higher, like a thousand. The goals are 5, 30, 100, 300 and 500. The last one could easily have been 750 or something, which would be more in line with DIY furniture (2nd to last is 1000, last is 3000) or fish/bug collecting (2nd to last is 2000, last is 5000).
- Trashed Tools. The last goal is 200, I hit this goal within the first few months of playing normally with mostly non-flimsy tools. To compare to the crafting tools goal, the last one there is 3000. why do we need to craft 15 times the amount of tools that we need to break?
- Tomorrow's Trees Today. To finish this you need to plant 30 trees from saplings. Can I just say that I did this very early on, like two weeks because I'm obsessed with trees. For a tiered goal, the last goal could have been higher.
- Executive Producer. This one is about harvesting produce. The last goal is 1000. This might just be me but I thought it could have been 2000 or more, you get a lot of produce if you just have a 3x3 area of each crop and water it every day. It takes a little over 7 harvests of fully watered crops with just 9 crops of each type to hit the last goal. 1000 sounds like a lot but it really isn't.

Those are my main issues, the rest I don't care too much about. Both Host the Most (have visitors) and Island and Yourland (visit islands) are very easy but it doesn't feel like an important achievement to me. The one time achievements don't have to be difficult either because they're not tiered and the first achievement doesn¨t have to be very difficult in my opinion.

I think it's fun to play with achievements and would love to have goals to work towards that are difficult for real. Challenges, like filling you encyclopedia, catching 5000 bugs/fish and 2500 deep sea creatures, crafting 3000 tools, sell 3000 weeds, catch 100 fish in a row (cast master killed me when I worked towards it tbh), fully upgrade your house etc. are all good achievements I enjoyed working towards, even though some are really grind-y. I would have loved more goals, such as picking flower goals (I love crafting wreaths) or catching seasonal resources with your net (snowflakes, maple leaves, cherry blossom petals) but that's just me haha

So, what are you all's thoughts about this? Is my perspective warped as someone who has played this game for two years (maybe you should have gotten most achievements at this point?) or are some goals too easy?

I am not an achievement motivated player and that’s in all games. If I start being serious about achievements then I will feel like it’s a chore to get them all. I’m glad they’re easy to obtain so I can easily rack up nook miles without having to do tasks I don’t care to do. I hated how grindy it was at the beginning of the game and constantly having to do those things. Now that I have over 250k nook miles, i’ve officially quit trying to obtain them.

I also disliked the creepy pedo bear who shelled out achievement badges in New Leaf. I just don’t see the point and for me it’s not rewarding. Like the most rewarding thing that has come from the achievement system is the nook miles.

I don’t think they should be any harder or easier than they already are. I can’t imagine playing NH if it was more achievement heavy gameplay. I want to decorate my island and make it a beautiful island. I don’t want to be held to the standard of doing something a certain amount of times or catching these fish. I’ve been playing since release and my museum is nowhere near completion. I probably won’t ever finish it, as it doesn’t add anything for me to the game.

I used to try and be an inventory completer in previous games, now I just don’t care, it makes gameplay for me so much more enjoyable. I also don’t have a lot of time with working a 9-5, so for me when I do get to play, I’m not interested in achievement grinding. I just want to decorate lol

I’ve always admired people who can set achievement goals and succeed at them. I could never.

The one I found out that you can easily cheese the system where you get get all the Golden Tools. What I did was that I gave the new user all the Golden Tools and they were able to get Nook Miles Achievement for having all the Gold Tools.

The one I found out that you can easily cheese the system where you get get all the Golden Tools. What I did was that I gave the new user all the Golden Tools and they were able to get Nook Miles Achievement for having all the Gold Tools.
i agree on this one, i personally didn't pick up any golden tools before i actually had the recipe and crafted it myself because it felt so cheaty. it should be from crafting the golden tools, not picking them up which can be done on the first day your airport is open...

i agree on this one, i personally didn't pick up any golden tools before i actually had the recipe and crafted it myself because it felt so cheaty. it should be from crafting the golden tools, not picking them up which can be done on the first day your airport is open...
Well to me because I already earned all the Golden Tools the first time when playing this game long ago I don't want to learn the DIYS of learning the Gold Tools because that would take too long. I only did it just so I can get enough nook miles to pay off the 5,000 nook miles when you first build your home.

Well to me because I already earned all the Golden Tools the first time when playing this game long ago I don't want to learn the DIYS of learning the Gold Tools because that would take too long. I only did it just so I can get enough nook miles to pay off the 5,000 nook miles when you first build your home.
yeah absolutely that's valid. i like to earn achievements but obviously it's a great way to get miles in early game without getting stung by a wasp or something lol. really easy way to get nook miles hehe

I think the ones with 500 and below are relatively easy to finish. I'd even say some of the 1000 marked ones.
The 5000 marked ones aren't hard but more about persistence. I completed the, "You've got the bug" yesterday.

Another easy one is probably the stalk market but I haven't even finished it. I just feel so lazy especially because I like time traveling. I never liked the turnip thing, lol.

I definitely agree with you. I think in the next game they need to step it up a bit. I think the achievement system was built to not be intimidating to younger players. But I hope Nintendo realizes how many adults play this game and would really love a deeper more complex system.

I think the ones with 500 and below are relatively easy to finish. I'd even say some of the 1000 marked ones.
The 5000 marked ones aren't hard but more about persistence. I completed the, "You've got the bug" yesterday.

Another easy one is probably the stalk market but I haven't even finished it. I just feel so lazy especially because I like time traveling. I never liked the turnip thing, lol.
i finished the turnip one early days when i was still paying off loans. waiting for an hour to get onto an island to sell was painful tbh but at least i got the achievement for 10 million bells earned....

I think another one that maybe easy is "Nook Miles for Nook Miles" Achievement. Its basically doing a lot of the daily Nook Mail Tasks (the ones that you get 2X daily). I honestly think that one is underwhelming since they didn't put much thought into it.

I like getting awarded earned Nook Miles for customization. I simply use it on tools, like the shovel and the slingshot, and it works for me.

I like getting awarded earned Nook Miles for customization. I simply use it on tools, like the shovel and the slingshot, and it works for me.
I also learned that if you have the Happy Home Paradise DLC and you completed it and after you remodeled a villager's home on your island the next day you get a letter mail saying that you got "1,000 Nook Miles" for redesigning a villager's home.

Hmm, I feel like achievements should encourage completion, but not force grinding.

I agree that there should be miles for collecting all DIY and cook recipes. But there's no fun in breaking 3000 tools when you're done with your island and the museum. I rather complete my catalogue than do that. And switching 30 trees planet to 300 would be a good balance for removing those icky 3000 goals.

As someone who repairs my tools before they break, the trashed-tools one isn't exactly easy, at least if you're not trying.

At the same time, the game gives NM goals that are nearly impossible to obtain. Such as craft 5000 furniture pieces or something like that. There's no way I'll even come close to doing that one.

They definitely are easy. I don't even try getting them and I end up getting them lol. It gives me that nice dopamine boost which is cool but for someone who actually wants a challenge, I can see how it's frustrating or not motivating.

I don't mind them being easy, but I do wish there were achievements for things like 100%ing all the DIYs and your inventory and every recipe in addition to the easier milestones.

i wouldn’t say that any of them are too easy honestly (excluding the ones that mostly exist so you can earn nook miles easily early on), but i agree that the how many diys/recipes you’ve obtained milestones should account for all of the diys/recipes, not just a portion. doesn’t make sense that the diys obtained milestones only go up to 200 when there’s 600+ diys.

i wish that the having visitors and visiting other people milestones went higher than 10. i’ve visited plenty of people and had plenty of visitors for trading purposes, but having higher milestones to work towards would’ve encouraged me to do it more often tbh. i also wish that there was an achievement for visiting dream towns like there was in new leaf, since i’m honestly not motivated to do it otherwise. i’ve only visited, like... 3 dream towns since the feature was added in ages ago lol.

i like achievements to require enough effort that i actually feel accomplished when i complete them, but i’d much rather them be too easy than feel like i have to grind or that it’ll take years to complete them, like the crafting and deep-sea creatures caught ones do. i don’t craft or dive very often, and the final milestones are kinda high, so grinding feels like the only way to complete them. definitely wish the final milestones were lower for them haha.

I think the Nook Miles milestones and points are a good level of easy and long-term. By the time that all the Nook Miles content was brought in via monthly (and I use that word loosely) updates, I had enough to just buy them all the moment they were dropped. (I think a lot of us were here for launch and don't realize this is the reason we have so much of them now)

But recently this year I created a secondary character. All the content was here from the start with this new file. It took a lot of accumulating points to get just a few of the essential Mile prizes. And I haven't even gotten all of the content that they should have. Like their terraform package is incomplete, not all the reactions, all the tool essentials, hairstyles ect.

I was looking for a hairstyle I'd like for them and I think there's like 4 or 5 different packages you have to buy to have the full collection. That's a bit of miles just in hairstyles. So I think they have a good balance.

I remember (for this very reason) suggesting Harriet should be able to style your hair in any of the collection sets for a set price until you can buy them.

I see what you mean. While I do like achievement hunting/completion in some games, I usually just play AC more-or-less naturally and see what I get—but I also feel like I'm perpetually low on Nook Miles ahaha. ^^; While a lot of them do strike me as a tad grindy towards the end, there's a lot of activities I've already maxed out the Nook Mile rewards for that I still do regularly when I'm playing. Compared to how long it would take to complete some of the others, I kind of wish they'd had higher tiers.

It does also seem a little odd that there's no final achievement for DIY/recipe completion, or at least a one very close to the completion mark, given the RNG elements. Having the final goal be at least around the 80% mark, like the gold catalog badge was in New Leaf, would make more sense to me than the relatively low percentage it caps out on now.

Thank goodness some of them are easy haha I am still trying to finish them but I keep wasting my time trying to complete the "harder" ones.

Back