• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Shiny Pokemon ID Checker[No Longer Works]

Dr J

Everything is Awesome!
Bells
Cake
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Red Candy
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Blue Candy
Yellow Candy
Green Candy
The Instacheck HotSpot, as now, no longer works.

Last edited:
You gotta download the program from reddit and, from what I understand, you need a computer that's got a wired connection with a free wifi connection(a laptop connected to internet by wire with its wifi adaptor unused should work).

I haven't been able to test it myself as my laptop barely works right now as it is[I seriously need to remove every game I have on it at some point, as it was never meant for gaming lol]

Basically, the program creates a false hotspot wifi connection for the 3DS to connect to; which it then uses to check your shiny ID. You can even use it to check and see if an egg you have will hatch as a shiny.

edit: it should be noted that this is -not- a pokemon generator, as it won't allow you to create a pokemon; only check your shiny value.

Last edited:
I'll be more than happy to do so once I get it working on my end[which may not be for a few hours.. as there's a lot of useless crap on my laptop that I need to remove.. such as MSN.. games.. more chat programs....]

edit: honestly tempted to just reformat it

Last edited:
Oh, ok. Thanks for explaining.
I don't have a wired connection for my mothers laptop so do you think you can check mine too?

once I'm able to do so , I sure will. I believe all I need to check is a pokemon from you; as it would have your trainer ID on it then. I'll get it when the time comes though.

Sure, I can send you my Hawlucha for checking. Since I'm on a Mac and the checker isn't for Mac yet, could you also check one of my Espurr eggs?

Unforunately.. I think I just discovered my laptop can't do it.. [having issues getting the stupid program to work.. possibly due to the wifi card being unable to support hotspotting]

Too bad there isn't a damn thing they can do about this xD (besides, it's not hacking the game)

I freaked out when I read about it. ._.
Well thanks for offering Jinjiro, I may check out that sub-forum myself. I'm quite curious on it.

just tried updating my laptop.. hoping it couldn't do it because it lacked a required version of Microsoft .NET(I was 34 updates behind >.>)

edit: nope, my laptop is just too crappy to be able to do this.. ah well. (stupid program won't even start up for me!)

Last edited:
Brb going to breed lots of eevee eggs. I have a friend who gets the software to work, doesn't work on mind. I have a notepad set in grid format to record IVs and values.

I just find it funny how desperate people are to get a shiny.

What's so special about them other than the color change?

EDIT: Why not just obtain them the usual methods?

Last edited:
Not sure. I'm just interested because I've beaten both my copies of X and I need a new hobby over than ranking up in the Battle place over by the DayCare. Besides, it's just because you have a special Pokemon and y'know, for newcomers, it's an accomplishment.

I just want to send out eggs for shiny Pokemon and make people happy.

I just find it funny how desperate people are to get a shiny.

What's so special about them other than the color change?

EDIT: Why not just obtain them the usual methods?

1. No, shinies are not everything. There are a couple I like to have just to have them but they don't mean that much.

2. Because if you try and obtain them with the usual methods then you probably won't get them unless you have no life and can waste hours on it. Following on from 1, I do not feel like wasting hours of my life for a simple 3D model that I probably will never use competitively.

Last edited:
1. No, shinies are not everything. There are a couple I like to have just to have them but they don't mean that much.

2. Because if you try and obtain them with the usual methods then you probably won't get them unless you have no life and can waste hours on it. Following on from 1, I do not feel like wasting hours of my life for a simple 3D model that I probably will never use competitively.

Hmm, very good point. I agree then. :)

I have an egg for Espurr and a Hawlucha if anyone has their checker set up. I'd like to know my own ID, and the one on the egg.

Back