• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Rock Spawn Problem?

Underneath The Stars

거기 너 i fancy you
Bells
Tasty Cake
So i’ve been going day by day hoping a rock would spawn here, I think it can spawn with one space apart so yeah. Is it possible here or I just tripping?

1E02143D-FAED-46AD-A611-367D6DF033D6.jpeg

also… my island is full. i’m 100% sure it didn’t spawn elsewhere because to test it, i opened another 3x3 space somewhere and it popped up there for a day until i smashed it again.

You have to make sure that the area is like 10 square spaces big enough for the Rock to spawn in. The worst thing is that it takes like 6 full days for the Rock to respawn in the area you wanted to. Trust me I had trouble doing this last year so it took me a while to cover a lot of the island and I had to make sure I had the area with 10 square spaces to manipulate the game to spawning the Rock in the area I wanted too. Its really hard to do and I hope this better explains it better, it is a complicated process thats for sure.

You have to make sure that the area is like 10 square spaces big enough for the Rock to spawn in. The worst thing is that it takes like 6 full days for the Rock to respawn in the area you wanted to. Trust me I had trouble doing this last year so it took me a while to cover a lot of the island and I had to make sure I had the area with 10 square spaces to manipulate the game to spawning the Rock in the area I wanted too. Its really hard to do and I hope this better explains it better, it is a complicated process thats for sure.
I’m not really knowledgeable about rocks in acnh, I know the basics but I tend to avoid controlling it because I know it could get really complicated. I just accidently broke a rock one day and I thought, hmm why not finally try to make it spawn to a certain location. Thanks for the info and I’ll try widening this ground/cliff.

AC putting us to work, huh?
Post automatically merged:

Wait though what do you mean it took 6 days? or do you mean for the same spot? @VanitasFan26

Last edited:
I’m not really knowledgeable about rocks in acnh, I know the basics but I tend to avoid controlling it because I know it could get really complicated. I just accidently broke a rock one day and I thought, hmm why not finally try to make it spawn to a certain location. Thanks for the info and I’ll try widening this ground/cliff.

AC putting us to work, huh?
Post automatically merged:

Wait though what do you mean it took 6 days? or do you mean for the same spot? @VanitasFan26
What I am trying to say is that it takes 6 full days for the Rock to respawn, meaning you have to play the game day by day in order for it to respawn. Even if you time travel 6 days ahead it won't work. Also its RNG weather the Rock spawns in a different location or not. It can be hard because sometimes it can spawn in different locations. Which for example they could spawn in the flower garden which is dumb if you ask me. Just because you broke a rock does not mean it will spawn in the same spot, again its RNG so you will have to make sure to not leave any open areas behind. I don't know how big your island is, but it can take a while.

Could you explain further what you mean about 10 square spaces. I accidentally broke a rock and am trying to get it back into the exact same spot. There are 9 square spaces open, including a space for the rock in the middle like a tic-tac-toe board. I've put patterns on all the outside squares and keep the rock spawn space open in the middle. But I'm not having any luck.

What I am trying to say is that it takes 6 full days for the Rock to respawn, meaning you have to play the game day by day in order for it to respawn. Even if you time travel 6 days ahead it won't work. Also its RNG weather the Rock spawns in a different location or not. It can be hard because sometimes it can spawn in different locations. Which for example they could spawn in the flower garden which is dumb if you ask me. Just because you broke a rock does not mean it will spawn in the same spot, again its RNG so you will have to make sure to not leave any open areas behind. I don't know how big your island is, but it can take a while.
AF10ED0B-0DD0-4569-9BC1-3E4AF37D8757.jpeg

now i really think something is wrong with the spot. because it would grow a rock above it but not 1 square below. i even tried moving a tree here just to test the ground, but it planted just fine. this is really frustrating 😭

btw of course now i’ve laid custom design on that part. still, it wouldn’t spawn there. i’m going crazy.

I think I figured out the problem. I just read the rock spawn needs to be four spaces north of a cliff. Awhile back I added a small cliff area just south of the rock that I will try temporarily removing to see if that helps.

I think I figured out the problem. I just read the rock spawn needs to be four spaces north of a cliff. Awhile back I added a small cliff area just south of the rock that I will try temporarily removing to see if that helps.
Oh, four spaces? must be why i’m getting the problem then. let me add another space and check it.

Could you explain further what you mean about 10 square spaces. I accidentally broke a rock and am trying to get it back into the exact same spot. There are 9 square spaces open, including a space for the rock in the middle like a tic-tac-toe board. I've put patterns on all the outside squares and keep the rock spawn space open in the middle. But I'm not having any luck.
Again like I said before it is RNG of where the Rock Spawns and you have to make sure that the Rock spawns in a area that is like 9 or 10 squares wide (Again the rock has to be in the center and the rest has to be enough room so when you hit it with your shovel the materials will come out), but I am not sure how it is now because way back in the day I had issues where the Rock would spawn in a Flower Garden so I had to make sure to cover spots on the island to stop the rock from spawning in those areas. You have to keep trying and I know its hard to explain because of how complicated the process is, but I hope this better understands it. If you want my advice just cover the entire island and make room for the Rock to spawn in that one area that has as you said 9 squares of space but leave the center open and cover the 8 squares and leave the 1 square in the middle.

I can also confirm a rock spawn needs to be four spaces north of a cliff. As soon as I removed the cliff, my rock spawned. As luck would have it, it spawned as the one shaped rock I didn’t have yet. Now I have all five!

Back